Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion continues HERE.

This card is under 5/24. You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24) pre-approval, or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days) is now live:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests.

Schumer box on 8/15/2016:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FL3P

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The purchases made that you receive the $300 travel credit (or $85/$100 trusted traveler program credits) for do count towards the minimum spend, but the annual fee does not.

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air Saver to everyone after production (currently (8/26) appears to have about a 3-day delay after approval before shipping.)
Print Wikipost

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 2:16 pm

Any chance the annual fee will work like the Ritz?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
For me, no UA lounge access = no sale, unless cardholders can use the $200-300 credit on airline tickets to offset the high annual fee. I rarely incur other incidental airline costs, and I am not paying $400+ for Priority Pass and 3X UR (especially now that most UR portal tickets are bulk tickets with $0 PQD and no elite status upgrade potential).

Domestically, I've found most Priority Pass lounges to be either inferior to UA lounges or inconvenient to access, due to the distance from UA gates.

Last edited by KAFlyer; Jul 29, 2016 at 5:30 pm
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:29 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by jediwho
One of the compelling feature is $100 off on domestic tickets if two to five tickets are booked together. Another is similar to FHR although not as great. Third is primary coverage on car rental. So quite a few.
Note that the Visa Luxury Hotels Collection is also available (as far as I can tell with the exact same benefits) to Visa Signature cardholders, so it's not unique to the Infinite card. Indeed my no-annual-fee Freedom card is even a Visa Signature so it's not exactly a rare perk. It is not as good as FHR as it only offers a $25 resort credit rather than the $100 credit offered through FHR (though the $100 is often restricted to spa, so if you weren't going to use the spa, a $25 resort credit could be more valuable), but it does have a different mix of hotels so can be handy to have both options.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:46 pm

If everything that is being said is true I may just want to product change my CSP into this (well over 5/24). I recently paid my annual fee for the CSP, are there any DPs about having that annual fee prorated with Chase on a PC?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
One of the compelling feature is $100 off on domestic tickets if two to five tickets are booked together. Another is similar to FHR although not as great. Third is primary coverage on car rental. So quite a few.
Do these tickets have to be purchased through a special portal? More and more tickets sold through the UR portal are bulk tickets (=$0 PQD).
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:54 pm

If this is a temp high bonus what's your guys speculation that it's still around until at least Dec?

I plan on holding out for a bit since I just snagged a chase card last month. 4/24 now.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KAFlyer
Do these tickets have to be purchased through a special portal? More and more tickets sold through the UR portal are bulk tickets (=$0 PQD).

Yep, you will have to book through https://www.visadiscountair.com

Visa Infinite Discount Air Benefit
When you’re ready to book your next trip, be sure to use the card that lets you fly for less. Save up to $100 when you book a qualifying airline itinerary with your Crystal® Visa Infinite® Card, and use your benefit an unlimited number of times.

Here’s how it works:

Visit www.visadiscountair.com/CNB to book air travel up to 11 months prior to departure.
Book at least 2 and up to 5 round-trip, domestic coach airline tickets on the same itinerary to save $100.
Visit, purchase, repeat! This benefit can be used an unlimited number of times, as long as the eligible Crystal Visa Infinite Cardholder is the primary passenger on the itinerary. Choose from most major airlines.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:16 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by KAFlyer
For me, no UA lounge access = no sale, unless cardholders can use the $200-300 credit on airline tickets to offset the high annual fee. I rarely incur other incidental airline costs, and I am not paying $400+ for Priority Pass and 3X UR (especially now that most UR portal tickets are bulk tickets with $0 PQD with no elite status upgrade potential).

Domestically, I've found most Priority Pass lounges to be either inferior to UA lounges or inconvenient to access, due to the distance from UA gates.
+1 agree!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Troopers
But no GE reimbursement.
Actually, looks like GE reimbursement is offered by Visa Infinite and not City Crystal, so this one should have it as well.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. For information the business version of American Express Platinum also includes this benefit. It's useful to me because I fly AA and DL which use GoGo, but Chase's partner UA does not.
And at least for City National Crystal, even authorized users get 12 GoGo pass.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:26 pm

Some other benefits for car rental:

* As a Crystal®Visa Infinite®Cardholder, you can take advantage of enrollment in Avis Preferred, and save up to 30% on qualifying rentals when you pay with your Crystal Visa Infinite card.

* Crystal® Visa Infinite® Cardholders save up to 25% on qualifying rentals of any size car at participating locations in the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. In addition, receive complimentary Emerald Club Executive level membership.

Discount offer requires a 3-day minimum rental with a Saturday overnight keep.

* Crystal® Visa Infinite® Cardholders save up to 30% on rentals of two days or more days when they pay with their Crystal Visa Infinite Card.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Note that the Visa Luxury Hotels Collection is also available (as far as I can tell with the exact same benefits) to Visa Signature cardholders, so it's not unique to the Infinite card. Indeed my no-annual-fee Freedom card is even a Visa Signature so it's not exactly a rare perk. It is not as good as FHR as it only offers a $25 resort credit rather than the $100 credit offered through FHR (though the $100 is often restricted to spa, so if you weren't going to use the spa, a $25 resort credit could be more valuable), but it does have a different mix of hotels so can be handy to have both options.
I haven't checked the list but here's one more benefit that is not offered to Signature card holders:

Relais & Chateaux

Once enrolled, Club 5C benefits include:

Room upgrade, subject to availability on arrival
Invitations to prestigious events
Complimentary “Discovery Privilege,” exceptional cultural and culinary experiences unique to each property, like a private lunch on a secluded island or a horse-drawn carriage tour of historic sites

Call Crystal Card Concierge for more details and to book your stay.

*Complimentary breakfast available at approximately 120 participating properties. Must book 72 hours in advance through Crystal Card Concierge. Limited to stays of up to 7 consecutive nights. See www.relaischateaux.com/VisaInfinite-US for a list of participating properties. Club 5C members can choose to receive either the standard Club 5C benefits or VIP Welcome and complimentary breakfast.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Book at least 2 and up to 5 round-trip, domestic coach airline tickets on the same itinerary to save $100.
I read this as $100 per booking, not per passenger, but then why would there be a maximum number of passengers?
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I read this as $100 per booking, not per passenger, but then why would there be a maximum number of passengers?
I double checked and tried making a reservation, it is per booking, not per passenger, so I am not sure why they have a restriction on five passengers. In fact, the portal does not even allow you to book more than five seats.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
I have the JP Morgan Select card and would be interested in changing it to the Reserve if it comes out. If you change cards do they usually still give you the initial bonus or do you need to apply for a brand new card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.