Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Hyatt.

Too many variables to choose an airline partner for another person, but (in general) it turns on whether you value the comforts and amenities of business or first class air travel. $0.0133 is a really low threshold, it could probably be achieved with any UR partner (except perhaps Southwest, I don't know the details of their program.)
Agree.

I believe we are the very rare bleed on FT that has never flown Southwest and most likely not in any foreseeable future. I have no clue on how Southwest program works despite I do know the value of the companion pass. 100% of our travels are international therefore there is no place for a WN flight. Hyatt seems the best home for the UR pts, followed by UA and SQ. After AA finally devalues its program, SQ starts to look more attractive, especially if they finally resume the US-SIN flight.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:06 pm

I'm wondering if I should replace my current CSP + Ink Cash combo with the FU + Ink Plus combo. I don't really use CSP anymore since Prestige took over my travel purchases and AMEX is used for the Premium Rental Insurance. FU can be used to "top off" my Hyatt account which is mainly why I accumulate UR.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by steve4
I'm wondering if I should replace my current CSP + Ink Cash combo with the FU + Ink Plus combo. I don't really use CSP anymore since Prestige took over my travel purchases and AMEX is used for the Premium Rental Insurance. FU can be used to "top off" my Hyatt account which is mainly why I accumulate UR.
This is what I'm leaning towards as long as they'll allow CSP to FU product conversions.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by btk2333
This is what I'm leaning towards as long as they'll allow CSP to FU product conversions.
I considered which one to keep when both CSP and Ink Plus were due for AF. I ended up keeping CSP-Ink Cash combo.

CSP has 2% on restaurants, so does Ink Cash. But Ink Plus does not. If you value UR points more than face value, CSP is better option than Ink Plus (unless you already max out Ink Cash 25k 5%/2% limit, Ink Plus doesn't give you much extra). CSP's primary rental car collision insurance is nice as well.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:32 am

Should I wait for the Freedom unlimited to be launched or apply for Freedom and PC to unlimited later? I have other cards to apply for and don't want to hit the 5/24 before applying for Freedom unlimited?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sdinesh21
Should I wait for the Freedom unlimited to be launched or apply for Freedom and PC to unlimited later? I have other cards to apply for and don't want to hit the 5/24 before applying for Freedom unlimited?
get CSP and product change later? You get bigger bonus with CSP.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
get CSP and product change later? You get bigger bonus with CSP.
I already have the CSP. Don't have Ink plus, so need CSP to transfer UR.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:45 am

well, ideally u want to have

CSP + Freedom + FU + Ink Cash

so yeah get a freedom? if you're still under 5/24 afterward then get FU or Ink+
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by btk2333
If it's confirmed that this offers 1.5 ur points on all spend I would probably switch about $400,000 of non-bonus spending to this card (lab and medical supplies)- heck 1.5x ur points almost makes the math work to pay taxes at 1.87% service fee (and for some people it would be a good value to 'buy' ur points at~1.25 cents per ur point)
For many folks, it would absolutely make sense to pay Federal taxes at 1.87% since the cc fee is deductible for many on your tax return.
I have been "buying" spg points at less than half price for years paying the tax with SPG Amex.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:11 am

1.5x is nice, but 2x UR on anything brings the house down.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
1.5x is nice, but 2x UR on anything brings the house down.

Is that an option?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 2:40 pm

So can someone please check to see if my logic is sound? I currently have the Slate card, only Chase card that I have that is not co-branded. Am I correct in assuming that I will be able to PC the Slate to this new FU when the time comes? If so, is my best play here to apply for the CSP and get the 50,000 bonus and then PC my Slate to FU so that I can earn the 1.5% and transfer to UR by way of CSP? I do not have a business and no I do not feel like suddenly selling shoelaces to start one and get the Ink. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Atxbobcat
Am I correct in assuming that I will be able to PC the Slate to this new FU when the time comes?
No, don't assume anything.

You need to call and ask if your Slate has the FU has a PC option.

I have 2 Freedoms, PC options are, one has CSP, Slate, Slate Exclusive.
The other has CSP and Freedom Unlimited.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by mhdena
No, don't assume anything.

You need to call and ask if your Slate has the FU has a PC option.

I have 2 Freedoms, PC options are, one has CSP, Slate, Slate Exclusive.
The other has CSP and Freedom Unlimited.
So could you convert your 2nd Freedom to Freedom unlimited now?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:57 am

No Freedom Unlimited for me

Interesting...based on the previous comment I called Chase in search of a PC to Freedom Unlimited. Not one of my Chase personal cards was eligible for PC to Freedom Unlimited. These cards include CSP, Freedom, United Club & United MileagePlus Explorer. The CSR said I could apply for a Freedom Unlimited card on the Chase website, but I don't see that option. Anyway, the new 5/24 rule would surely prove to be an obstacle to approval for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.