Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:30 pm

Nope. This one:

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/appl...ver-the-phone/

I was able to Google for it, but I no longer find it when searching on the TPG site, and don't see it when viewing posts based on the date.

Originally Posted by mia
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I couldn't get your link to work, but Google still had a cached copy. I now recall reading it when it was first mentioned in the thread. Doesn't seem to include any disruptive information, unless Chase doesn't want that particular phone number published.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:50 pm

Interesting, right? With all the stuff shared on that site, I'm totally curious as to what about that posting led to it being removed. Glad I saw it before it got yanked - it's where I got the phone number to apply

Originally Posted by mia
I couldn't get your link to work, but Google still had a cached copy. I now recall reading it when it was first mentioned in the thread. Doesn't seem to include any disruptive information, unless Chase doesn't want that particular phone number published.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
Does anyone know if I can PC my Chase Disney to this and it not count for 5/24, I am at 4 and want to apply for CSP in September so dont want to burn a 5th but but it might be easier to get this now and then maybe a freedom next year?
ETA: Just re-read and realized there is a bonus I would miss out on, scratch that idea.
no u can't switch from co-branded card to freedom, slate, or Sapphire.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by runb4fun
no u can't switch from co-branded card to freedom, slate, or Sapphire.
I had a feeling.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:50 am

I applied for the FU in a local branch on the March 17th. They said I was pre-approved for the card. After they submitted application, I received the 7-10 day review message. I called recon the next day and they said I was approved. I am well over the 5/24 rule and I also got approved for the Chase Hyatt card just the day before.

At least right now I think they are not applying the 5/24 rule to this card, but in April who knows?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mpatrick32
I applied for the FU in a local branch on the March 17th. They said I was pre-approved for the card. After they submitted application, I received the 7-10 day review message. I called recon the next day and they said I was approved. I am well over the 5/24 rule and I also got approved for the Chase Hyatt card just the day before.

At least right now I think they are not applying the 5/24 rule to this card, but in April who knows?
Can you provide some sense of scale to that - ie just how much "over" do you think you are/were (if you don't have an excel spreadsheet handy, a rough estimate would be good enough).

I'd love to grab one of these but I'm up around 12/24 so figured I'd have no shot at this at all. How does that compare to your number?

Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Can you provide some sense of scale to that - ie just how much "over" do you think you are/were (if you don't have an excel spreadsheet handy, a rough estimate would be good enough).

I'd love to grab one of these but I'm up around 12/24 so figured I'd have no shot at this at all. How does that compare to your number?

Thanks!
I was at 11/24 before applying for the FU. I was approved even though I just was approved for the chase hyatt the day before and the SPG personal a week earlier.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:50 pm

I was at 11/24 before applying for the FU. I was approved even though I just was approved for the chase hyatt the day before and the SPG personal a week earlier.
Damn .. I was rejected because of 5
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by joxxie
Damn .. I was rejected because of 5
How many cards have you had in the past 24 months? Did you apply in a branch? Were you pre-qualified?

Did you call the reconsideration line?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by PackingIt
Nope. This one:

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/appl...ver-the-phone/

I was able to Google for it, but I no longer find it when searching on the TPG site, and don't see it when viewing posts based on the date.
It's possible BankRate wouldn't want him promoting phone applications. I believe they still own the site.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pallhedge
It's possible BankRate wouldn't want him promoting phone applications. I believe they still own the site.
When TPG sold to BankRate, he said he still had 100% editorial control. Maybe he lied?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
What cards & open dates have you opened in the past 24 months?

The SPG obviously would not be on any credit report yet.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhdena
What cards & open dates have you opened in the past 24 months?

The SPG obviously would not be on any credit report yet.
But the inquiry for the card would be, even if the credit line isn't there yet.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:32 am

How many cards have you had in the past 24 months? Did you apply in a branch? Were you pre-qualified?

Did you call the reconsideration line?
I did not apply in branch .. did it over the phone. I don't know if I was pre-qualified. I had 5 cards it seems. I called recon and the rep said I can't do anything because you have had 5/24

Funny thing is the rep quoted a card from 1/14 which is more than 24 months ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.