Search
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia

5x for first year at Grocery Stores. Capped at 12K in spend:

Key points:
  • $200 (20K UR) sign up bonus
  • Does not seem to be possible to generate referrals for this offer
Does this card earn Ultimate Rewards points or cash back rewards?

It earns Ultimate Rewards points which may be redeemed for cash.

Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Sapphire, Sapphire Preferred, all versions of Ink, JPM Select, JPM Palladium all earn Ultimate Rewards points. Ultimate Rewards points earned with any of these cards may be redeemed for cash at the rate 1 point = $0.01.

Chase markets Freedom, Unlimited, and Ink Cash as cash rewards, the others as points cards. The difference is in the marketing, not the rewards.

Travel and purchase protection benefits
Visa Signature
Visa Platinum

For general info, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by joxxie
the FU is $150 after 500 spend

The only category i ever max out is the amazon one
Ok, so the same sign up bonus for both. Then it's just which one you like best.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
So here's my dilemma. I have Ink+, CSP, and Freedom. In theory I'd love to max out my Ink+ but I know that's getting harder and harder to achieve--so that's a downgrade to Ink Cash.

Freedom well...the only category I ever come close to maxing out is groceries because that's the one category I find I can still MS. I have not been able to find a gas station to sell me $500 VGC. I use my Sallie Mae card on Amazon--or Discover starting Q3/Q4 while I still have double cash back. I think after I max my Q2 Freedom bonus in April I'll PC my Freedom to FU.

Last edited by jags86; Mar 18, 2016 at 7:54 pm Reason: Additional thoughts
Old Mar 18, 2016, 7:59 pm

For my kind of spending, I am super excited for the Freedom Unlimited, to supplement my CSP. Applied on phone, got the 7-10 message, called recon next day and transferred credit from another card to seal the deal. I expect to see a nice bump in my UR balances from using both the Freedom Unlimited (I just can't get myself shorten to FU) and my CSP.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:57 am

In my case I'll probably get both. I use my Freedom a lot and the Freedom U is worth the sign up bonus and as a 2nd card where I don't get 5X's. So I think there is room for both.
No I don't max out the 5X's but I usually get close. I bought gas cards that hopefully I will use for the next 6 months. Restaurants & Amazon I do max out on but I can use the Freedom U for any overage and other items.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:53 am

the only category i max out is amazon .. don't come close to the other ones. Still trying to decide if i should PC or apply.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:10 pm

the only category i max out is amazon .. don't come close to the other ones. Still trying to decide if i should PC or apply.
if you're under 5/24 then def apply, this is a no brainier. While you're at it, get FU approved then drop another app to chase on the same day for a combined pull.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
if you're under 5/24 then def apply, this is a no brainier. While you're at it, get FU approved then drop another app to chase on the same day for a combined pull.
Don't have any other chase card to apply for .. I just closed an ink plus last week .. Will get it again but later on
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by runb4fun
I agree with you. 15,000 UR's for $500 spend is a no brainier. I have 3/24 so maybe I'll try for the CSP too instead off transferring points to my wife's.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I agree with you. 15,000 UR's for $500 spend is a no brainier. I have 3/24 so maybe I'll try for the CSP too instead off transferring points to my wife's.
What number are you guys calling to apply?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by earlgray
Yah couldn't help it. Got a 30 day message.

If the impossible is true I'll let you know. Sitting at ~11/24 right now with 730's FICO 8. I have a "good" relationship with Chase.

If they say no, I may ask for a slate and then try to PC. Any issues with that plan?
Got the letter... Denied for too many accounts in the last two years. Ah well.

At least they gave my credit profile "thoughtful consideration" or something like that. I've never seen verbage like that in a denial letter before
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:09 pm

What number are you guys calling to apply?
I think right now you can only apply at a Chase Bank. 4/1 is when it's suppose to go online. Some people who have changed cards did it by SM.

I stand corrected look at post 147 for telephone #. Thanks

Last edited by jjmiller69; Mar 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm Reason: updated
Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:18 pm

Negative, unless they've just changed things. I called Thursday on the phone to apply. Call Chase’s Application Processing Center at (877) 389-6924

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
I think right now you can only apply at a Chase Bank. 4/1 is when it's suppose to go online. Some people who have changed cards did it by SM.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:26 pm

ugh called and I'm over the 5/24 rule . i honestly didn't think i was.

I guess my option is pc my freedom to FU .. just don't know if it is worth it .. only category i max is amazon .. besides that i don't even come close. It would just suck to lose the categories even if i don't max them currently.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:52 pm

I got the CSP in Nov, Ink+ in Jan, Feb AA plat & IHG, Mar Hyatt and Delta Gold. Technically I am over the 5/24. My question is does the IHG and Hyatt count towards 5/24? If not I'd love to apply for the Freedom Unlimited.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Has anyone actually received an Unlimited card yet? I converted a CF to a CFU last Sunday and called to check today on the status. Chase still hasn't processed it but "they're working on it." Heck is going on Chase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.