Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by neony77
Hi everyone - I generally don't fly united but was checking award availability (have chase UR to transfer) and saw an offer for 25,000 points after $2k spend in 3 months + $250 statement credit after first purchase being displayed for me. I have not tracked the United explorer mileageplus card offers so not sure how this stacks up.. is this a good offer? Only reason for me to consider signing up is to see if I can get better award availability for a trip to (PHL - NAP) in August. Thanks!
I normally try to stick to Southwest but I was looking to book a trip to Montana later this year and signed up for this card using this offer. Bought the tickets and two days later the $250 statement credit posted. It will also help me avoid $120 in baggage fees on that trip alone. My nearest Southwest city is at least a 90 minute drive so this card might have me on United or at least considering them more than I do now.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:14 pm

Any recent data points as to how long the card takes to arrive? I was just told that they couldn't expedite b/c something needs to happen on the United end first. Thanks.

P.S. This was probably targeted, but I was able to get 50K miles after $3K spend + $100 statement credit after first purchase (AF waived for the first year). Offer (small banner near the top of the search results page) came up while I searching in order to make an award booking (oddly, the banner only came up when I was searching for J seats, but not Y [searches in Y offered the 25K + $250 mentioned in another post]). I wanted to get business card, but the statement credit and extra benefits swayed me.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:44 am

Wife and I are Private Clients, and we each received a 50K offer mailer offer to open the Chase United Explorer card. Neither of us has had this card in about 5 years. Wife has a current Sapphire.

We are both at about 20/24 from opening various Amex and Citi credit cards. So my question is: Is this mailer targetted, like a form of pre-approval? Or does Chase just mail these to anyone, without pre-knowing their 5/24 status?

I hesitate to go into a branch to ask, because I tend to get reps who know less about the 5/24 rules than we do here. "Oh, let's run an application. I'm sure you'll be approved as a Private Client with 800+ credit score" Never works.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Any recent data points as to how long the card takes to arrive?
It takes a different amount of time to arrive depending on where you live. Here in SoCal, it always takes over a week for me with all banks (including Chase) that send through normal mail, but it might take fewer days if you are significantly loser to the bank's mailing location for new cards.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Or does Chase just mail these to anyone, without pre-knowing their 5/24 status?
Unfortunately, this is the answer.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Unfortunately, this is the answer.
Yes, not surprising. The truly unfortunate part to me, based on several real examples, is that if I went in to see a Chase private client banker in person, they would tell me the exact opposite of what you just said.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It takes a different amount of time to arrive depending on where you live. Here in SoCal, it always takes over a week for me with all banks (including Chase) that send through normal mail, but it might take fewer days if you are significantly loser to the bank's mailing location for new cards.
Thanks. I was just wondering whether the Explorer card took longer (in terms of Chase sending the card) because of this background channeling taking place with United first. My experience in terms of shipping time for cards lines up with yours.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
Yes, not surprising. The truly unfortunate part to me, based on several real examples, is that if I went in to see a Chase private client banker in person, they would tell me the exact opposite of what you just said.
Private Client bankers seem to exist in some Utopian universe where facts aren't important.
cheaptom likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by halamadrid
Thanks. I was just wondering whether the Explorer card took longer (in terms of Chase sending the card) because of this background channeling taking place with United first. My experience in terms of shipping time for cards lines up with yours.
I don't think this backchanneling takes "long", it just is a step that prevents them for expediting, since they have a "semi-expedite" (ie, wait they day or whatever until the United confirmation is done, then expedite). They apparently can only "expedite now or never", and for all you know the backchannel with United might take only 20 minutes longer but by that time you can't call in again to "expedite", and before that you can't get on a list to "expedite". So I don't think it causes a material delay, it just happens at a later step and thus eliminates the only "expedite" option that they have.

(That's assuming that the line about United wasn't simply an excuse to explain why they didn't want to offer you an expedite option on this card.)
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't think this backchanneling takes "long", it just is a step that prevents them for expediting, since they have a "semi-expedite" (ie, wait they day or whatever until the United confirmation is done, then expedite). They apparently can only "expedite now or never", and for all you know the backchannel with United might take only 20 minutes longer but by that time you can't call in again to "expedite", and before that you can't get on a list to "expedite". So I don't think it causes a material delay, it just happens at a later step and thus eliminates the only "expedite" option that they have.

(That's assuming that the line about United wasn't simply an excuse to explain why they didn't want to offer you an expedite option on this card.)
Thanks again, The card did arrive within a week of approval and everything happened exactly as you outlined. I guess a made a whole lot out of nothing, but when I called for the expedite the agent made it seem like a drawn out process.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:21 pm

Just got approved for this card.

When does the increased award availability kick in? From some screenshots I've seen, it should show in the details of a flight, but so far nothing.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Matt Rich

When does the increased award availability kick in? From some screenshots I've seen, it should show in the details of a flight, but so far nothing.
As soon as your mile expiry says "thank you for being a Chase cardmember".
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Matt Rich

It all depends on the routes and availability. Most of the time where I travel I will see the bold statement pop up.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby
It all depends on the routes and availability. Most of the time where I travel I will see the bold statement pop up.
Ok, so today I see the statement beneath a bunch of flights. Nothing seems to have changed, but I'm guessing that the flights I'm looking at aren't yet at a place where I would need this feature.

Maybe closer to the flight time.

It seems like the feature is more availability, not fewer miles, so I guess not.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:14 am

Can this card be product changed up to the Club card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.