Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:07 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eknock007
United/Chase Choices: probably the least known and never talked-about benefit of having a United CC...
Totally agreed. There are times when that hard cash value at $0.01/mile is actually a good deal based on the preference for buying a revenue ticket. I have about 125K in choices banked right now and I intend to refund a $932 fare I booked a week ago as soon as my RDMs get past that threshold (which they absolutely will within the 90 day window).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Mme H
Targeted, but...

Has anyone in the last few days - since June 1 - received a 70,000 match to a newly approved 50000 card?

I read of a lot of declines on other forums whether by phone or SM.
I have been in contact with Chase to get the 70k match (was just approved for the 50k offer). Reps said no match since they are unaware of the higher offer. I escalated to a Supervisor and am awaiting response as they look into it. Has been 3 days so far
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I have been in contact with Chase to get the 70k match (was just approved for the 50k offer). Reps said no match since they are unaware of the higher offer. I escalated to a Supervisor and am awaiting response as they look into it. Has been 3 days so far
Were you targeted?

Was this on the phone?

I spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere, but will try again... though it may be futile.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:06 pm

Sad. I have the targeted offer, however I am within the 24 months window so cannot get another bonus. I am eligible for a new bonus for the biz card, however there is currently no good offer.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
I see the 70k offer, but the next pae says 50k miles

So, I'm having trouble with this one. I log in, see the offer for 70,000 bonus miles. When I click the link, I get redirected to a 50,000 bonus mile offer on the card.

I've tried multiple browsers, incognito, no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Think it's worth it to call and ask Chase: "Hi, I see the 70,000 offer, but keep getting redirected to a 50,000 offer." Probably not, huh?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
70k Target

I was targeted for the 75k (70k + AU 5K) offer and will be applying for it before the 6/30 deadline. Happy to get the offer!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by pugsley21
I was targeted for the 75k (70k + AU 5K) offer and will be applying for it before the 6/30 deadline. Happy to get the offer!
How did your offer work? I see the link for 70k on my United account online, bu then clicking on it, I get nothing
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:35 am
Suspended

Following the 70K link I get an offer for 30K!

BAIT AND SWITCH!! ILLEGAL!!!!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:04 am

That's what's happening to me! 70k link, but it leads me to an offer for 50k!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Mme H
Were you targeted?

Was this on the phone?

I spoke to a supervisor and got nowhere, but will try again... though it may be futile.
Sadly I was unable to get my card matched. Really sucks since I was targeted for the offer only 2 weeks after applying and haven't activated or used my card yet. Here is what Chase said:

"The offer you received when applying for the Explorer
credit card account was 50,000 bonus miles after meeting a
required spend of $2000.00, 5000 miles for adding an
Authorized User, (all with in the first 3 months from the
opened date), a $50.00 statement bonus after your first
purchase is made, and the first year annual fee waiver.

Since you have opened an Explorer card with different
terms and conditions prior to receiving the 70,000 mile
bonus offer, we regret that we are unable to match that
offer to your current account.

Because your active account is receiving the first year
annual fee waiver and the newer promotion does not include
this bonus, the promotional offers cannot be matched. In
addition, we are unable to bill the annual fee to your
current account.

In order to qualify for the new 70,000 bonus mile
promotion you would need to be a first time Explorer
member and apply using the link provided in your
personalized offer.

Please accept our apology for any previous
misunderstanding or information you may have received."

Annoying but hey, I wanted the card under the original terms so I can't be too upset. Still, to be targeted only 2 weeks later and then be told they won't match is frustrating

Good luck to everyone else who is trying to get a match. I hope you have better luck than me.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by financialhippie
That's what's happening to me! 70k link, but it leads me to an offer for 50k!
There is still hope.

I saw the 70K in passing on the United website one evening so I believe I am targeted. Looked for it the next day on the United website so I could apply, and I only was offered 50k. Tried the 70K links in the Wiki a couple of times and was offered 50K. At some point, the link Wiki led to me the 70K offer and I applied. (pending approval) I use both Chrome and Edge. Not sure which I was using when it worked. I was not using Private Browser.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by trouble747
Anyone had luck bypassing 5/24 with a mailer? I kind of doubt the one I received would work (no code, just a URL).
looking for any data points as well. i'm either near or over 5/24. I am able to access the 70K targeted offer online and received a mailer. Any chance I'll be approved even though over 5/24 ?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
You still get 2x miles on all United spend so if you intend to fly UA a lot may be worth keeping. It also offers primary car rental insurance (not secondary like most cards). Or at least it did last time I checked. That too is worth something.
I ended up applying for a Sapphire Preferred Card. I believe it also gives me 2x miles for airline purchases and primary car rental insurance. The points are more flexible.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gerbilunit
looking for any data points as well. i'm either near or over 5/24. I am able to access the 70K targeted offer online and received a mailer. Any chance I'll be approved even though over 5/24 ?
I was denied due to "too many cards in the last two years" (aka 5/24) despite being targeted with 70k + $50 by United
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:09 am

Bummer on not getting the match. I just applied and was approved for this card yesterday at the 50K promotion but the higher offer would have been great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.