Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by beltway
Did the offer terms include the normal 24-month restriction?
Yep, it did.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
HAs anyone compared the FX rates of this card to other Chase cards and to cards from other banks?

Does Chase also impose 1% on this so-called no FX card like it does with Sapphire Preferred?

Also, primary coverage on car rentals but how about when you book online and CDW is always included? Does it provide some kind of secondary coverage in that case?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by wco81
HAs anyone compared the FX rates of this card to other Chase cards and to cards from other banks?

Does Chase also impose 1% on this so-called no FX card like it does with Sapphire Preferred?

Also, primary coverage on car rentals but how about when you book online and CDW is always included? Does it provide some kind of secondary coverage in that case?
I can't say for sure - but using latest FX rates Chase doesn't appear to be adding 1% to the transaction amount.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
is there any better $1k spend offer on this card other than 30k points?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by miadukes
is there any better $1k spend offer on this card other than 30k points?
Most (if not all) higher offers will require $2,000 spend, so I don't think so, no. Sorry
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: United, AAdvantage, Delta
Did the "search for a flight, get better offer" trick to up my offer from 70k miles to 70K miles + $50 statement credit. Applied and was approved instantly for $32k credit limit. I haven't been a Chase customer in 5+ years since I shut down my Chase bank account and moved to a local credit union. I absolutely despise Chase, but I'm happy to take miles from them.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I should hit the spend threshold in the next month booking business travel to Asia.

Last edited by Kevo171; Jun 27, 2016 at 4:19 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kevo171
I absolutely despise Chase, but I'm happy to take miles from them.
Same here!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had received the last bonus for this card in October 2014, but was targetted for 75k+50$ on UA.com after clicking on the banner and logging in. Applied anyway.

Last week I was sent a rejection letter. Reason: <24 months from the last bonus.
I didn't realize Chase rejects apps outright if you're not eligible for the bonus. I thought they would approve with no bonus. Is this new?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
I just canceled my card before the fee kicked in. I have 4 non expired United Club passes from the Explorer card. Are those worthless now or can I still use them even without being a card holder?
You can still use them. I have. However I have had issues using them at clubs where there was "no space for day-pass holders" and in EWR and ORD because of construction. I tried complaining to Chase, even though it's part of their terms, but no dice. Pretty annoying.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by financialhippie
I was able to get this too! Just start booking a flight, and the 70k + $50 link will show up on your screen!
Approved! Was able to fight the 5/24 denial with the aid of a helpful CSR and on the grounds of two of those new cards are simply authorized user access.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz PC, National EE,Enterprise Pt, Sixt Plantinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Approved! Was able to fight the 5/24 denial with the aid of a helpful CSR and on the grounds of two of those new cards are simply authorized user access.
I am 8/24 right now, but 4 of the 8 cards are authorized user cards. Do you think I will have a chance to fight for the approval? I am also targeted for the 70k+5K+$50 offer.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, UA
I am targeted for Chase United MP card with 70K signup bonus after $3k spend.

I have some travel expenses coming up and can hit spend limit easily,but,Alas, I got CSP last december and I've hit 5/24.

EDIT:

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had received the last bonus for this card in October 2014, but was targetted for 75k+50$ on UA.com after clicking on the banner and logging in. Applied anyway.

Last week I was sent a rejection letter. Reason: <24 months from the last bonus.
Just read this, and I am guessing since I got CSP bonus in Feb/March, it'd have been a moot point anyway. Wait, is it card specific or just chase specific?

Last edited by daKav; Jun 29, 2016 at 11:25 am
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:05 pm

Quick question: I'm an AU on a Chase account that's been targeted for the 70K offer. I know that I'm not eligible to apply myself right now, but I would like to this family member to submit an application. The catch is that he does not have a UA frequent flyer. I'm sure that I know the answer to my question but just for the sake of it: is there any way to apply for the targeted MilagePlus Explorer offer using a MilagePlus account that is in a family member's name? Ie. if this person were to submit an application, could he link the account with mine or my wife's MileagePlus account? What if we were added as AUs? It's worth applying eitherway for the 70K bonus (plus added AU bonus) but the truth is that unless my wife or myself as AUs could personally benefit by earning miles/status towards our respective accounts (or at the very least, being eligible for status and benefits when ticketing in our names) we would be highly unlikely to ever use the card after the initial spend. Perhaps we'd use it for UA ticketing through the Chase portal just until we're eligible ourselves to apply for the card, but I don't anticipate much use beyond that. So my question is first, whether an AU's MP account can be linked directly and second, would travelers benefit from status and benefits (free checked bags, lounge access, etc) when ticketed through the account? Ie. if booking tickets for myself/my wife as AUs with this card, would we still benefit from the features of the card even if traveling independently w/o primary? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by OliverB
Ie. if booking tickets for myself/my wife as AUs with this card, would we still benefit from the features of the card even if traveling independently w/o primary? Thanks!
Nope, primary has to be travelling for companions to get benefit. I once tried booking a flight for my mom, who has the UA card but I paid with mine. They would not give her the benefits, including free bag.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:51 pm

That sucks. I guess I'll ask him to put in an application nonetheless because 70K points + whatever bonus for AU but the card will get dumped before the next renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.