Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by jyx
Was targeted for this offer, but was rejected due to "too many credits in last two years". Didn't give up. Was approved almost instantaneously at the branch a few days later (without credit line re-allocation)
Are you a Chase bank customer or just have their credit cards?

Do the branches actually approve right there or do they call in on your behalf?

And will they do that even if you don't have bank accounts with them?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 2:37 pm
jyx

I am their customer with very short history. no asset in management

the branches wouldn't be able to approve credit card applications. The officer applied on my behalf.

I'd think they would do for you even if you are not their customer. This is what happened to someone I know a few months ago.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by wco81
Are you a Chase bank customer or just have their credit cards?

Do the branches actually approve right there or do they call in on your behalf?

And will they do that even if you don't have bank accounts with them?
How does your branch verify that you have the 70k offer? Is there another credit pull? Thank you.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Preacher7
Well over 5/24, but targeted for the 75K offer when logged in. Has anyone been in this situation and gotten their app approved? Not sure if this should be jumped on or not.
I'm in the same boat and I'm not close to a Chase branch. I'm seriously thinking of sitting this one out with about 9 approved applications in the past 6 months alone
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, other ones I don't use often
This might be a silly question, but I just saw the 70,000 mile offer pop up so figured I should ask. Does it matter how recently we cancelled an Explorer Card in order to get the bonus, or does only when we last got the bonus matter? I got the card and bonus over two years ago, but just cancelled the card only a couple weeks ago. Seems like Chase would be unhappy if I turned around and signed up again right away...

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks to beltway I now realize I'm dumb and missed that line in the wiki! Although it sounds like the answer "we're not sure if there's a hard and fast rule".

Last edited by CrazedZooChimp; Jun 14, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:17 am
Suspended

What sucks is there's no phone number to call that I can tell.

SO you have to get the card and then call. By that time they will charge the $95 AF and if you cancel because they're not going to give you the bonus, it's a royal hassle.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp
This might be a silly question, but I just saw the 70,000 mile offer pop up so figured I should ask. Does it matter how recently we cancelled an Explorer Card in order to get the bonus, or does only when we last got the bonus matter? I got the card and bonus over two years ago, but just cancelled the card only a couple weeks ago. Seems like Chase would be unhappy if I turned around and signed up again right away...
Did you notice this entry in the wiki?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:25 am
jyx

Originally Posted by kgkg
How does your branch verify that you have the 70k offer? Is there another credit pull? Thank you.
the application filed for me was for 50K, but the officer promised to fight for 70k for me as long as I can provide evidence. Yes, another hard pull.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:08 am
Suspended

Which credit bureau?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by jyx
the application filed for me was for 50K, but the officer promised to fight for 70k for me as long as I can provide evidence. Yes, another hard pull.
Thank you.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:52 pm

Question?

Ok, quandary , I went through the link to my United account and I am targeted for the 70,000 + $50 credit, but last year I was applied for and was approved for 11 CC and so far this year 2 CC. I currently have 3 Chase Biz and 7 Chase personal CC with an aggregate credit limit of $100,000. on 3/24/16 I was approved for the Chase Hyatt card. The CSR asked more questions than ever before and seemed suspicious/reluctant but after I shifted $5,000 from another card was approved. I have had the UA personal card before, approved 7/5/13(met spend within 2 months) and cancelled 7/7/15. Do you think I have any chance in hell of getting approved for this deal?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:00 pm
Suspended

About the same as Jim Carrey's character in Dumb and Dumber.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
No. I wouldn't waste a pull.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had received the last bonus for this card in October 2014, but was targetted for 75k+50$ on UA.com after clicking on the banner and logging in. Applied anyway.

Last week I was sent a rejection letter. Reason: <24 months from the last bonus.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I had received the last bonus for this card in October 2014, but was targetted for 75k+50$ on UA.com after clicking on the banner and logging in. Applied anyway.

Last week I was sent a rejection letter. Reason: <24 months from the last bonus.
Did the offer terms include the normal 24-month restriction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.