Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.
Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:45 am
Suspended

Spend requirements are missing from the Wiki.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Spend requirements are missing from the Wiki.
Indeed. 70k, $50 SC + 5k AU offer here, I've seen the SC, the 5k AU points and the rest of my "normal" spend post, but not the 70k bonus.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
My 70k and 5k bonus showed up together in my United account yesterday as one 75k post.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:56 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lore
My 70k and 5k bonus showed up together in my United account yesterday as one 75k post.
Can I ask when you hit your $3K spend and when the end of your billing cycle was?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Originally Posted by LIH
Can I ask when you hit your $3K spend and when the end of your billing cycle was?
I hit my 3k spending on 7/14 and my bill cycle ended the 15th, so that's probably why I haven't seen my 70k yet.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA
I got targeted for 50k after 2k spend (plus 5k for AU). Got the mail today. AF waived for first year.

Now, I am torn between getting this and waiting till new Chase's new card (reserve) comes out. I am 4/24. I also have a Delta Amex targeted offer (50k after 1k spend). Both MPE and DL Amex offers are valid till end of september. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Mileage Plus Select vs Mileage Plus Explorer - main differences?

Cant find a good side-by-side comparison to review

I am a UAL frequent flyer, Silver
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole
Cant find a good side-by-side comparison to review
Start here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-benefits.html
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:39 am

I'm assuming you already have the Select as it's long gone from being offered?

If so and you value earning miles with your spend, don't get rid of the Select. 2x miles at places like Wal-Mart, Target, etc....

You also get 5,000 bonus miles added annually.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Hi,

I have a question all your gurus on here.
I've been using a Chase MileagePlus card since 10 yrs ago. At some point, I remember I upgraded to the Chase MileagePlus Explorer since it was first released. I think my CC history is based on the Explorer card. I know for sure that I shouldn't cancel this card, but I would like to upgrade this card.

Most of the expenses on this Explorer card is business related. At this point, I see that the Business version of the Explorer card offers 1.5pts for selected charges. Is it a good idea to call them up and upgrade directly to the business version? Would I be able to keep the same CC number?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
I've added an entry--Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?--to the wiki at the top of the page.
Sorry, maybe I'm being obtuse, but I don't see the entry in the wiki?

Also, I'm assuming $3k is in actual spend, and I shouldn't factor in adjustments like the $50 statement credit against the $3k spend requirement?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:20 am

Checked Bag rules

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked or answered before but I couldn't find it.

I have the Chase United Explorer Credit Card.
I plan to buy a United airline ticket.

1.) If I buy the ticket directly through United and use my United Credit Card I assume I will get my 1st bag checked. Question is will they consider a snowboard bag applicable to "standard bag"? I don't think they charge extra for this type of bag generally but I don't want them to pull off some BS "this isn't standard bag" so you owe $25.

2.) Assuming the snowboard bag is a valid bag for the credit. If I wanted to use Citi Thank You points to buy my ticket but try to charge at least a portion of the ticket to my United Credit Card would that allow me to get the free checked bag credit? (For Snowboard). I wasn't sure if anyone tried the partial payment for the ticket on the United card and if that gave them the free checked bag.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bioyuki
...I don't see the entry in the wiki?
It is there, near the bottom:

Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
...but it refers you to another Wikipost:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1707643

...and you have to scroll down, down, down to find the answer:

Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
...but it refers you to another Wikipost:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1707643

...and you have to scroll down, down, down to find the answer:
Or just click the link in the wiki TOC (made possible now that FT mgmt has implemented text anchors that enable such intra-page links).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.