Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Question Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

I've got the Mileage Plus Select Visa from Chase which offers 5,000 PQM for the first $5,000 in United purchases each year. I've earned all of those 5,000 PQM and will hit 95,199 in actual flight PQM by December 29th (assuming I dont book anything else). Collectively that would be 100,199 PQM which I'd love to think would qualify me for 1k. However, knowing United and how they sometimes protect 1k, I am concerned that the credit card PQM may only help up to Premier Platinum. I know for a fact that Flex PQM only help up to Platinum (and this is well known), but I can't find rules or commentary relating to my MP Select Visa PQM (non-flex). I've called United and Chase and neither were helpful. Does anyone else have the card and/or know whether I am good to go for 1k this year? Or am I going to need to go on a milage run? Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Welcome to FT, LoggingMiles!

You should know now if you need to do a MR as IME the 5k PQM post as your miles post from Chase. Therefore you should be able to look at your current PQM level and add what you expect from remaining flights for the year and see if you will be 1k.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Welcome to FT!
Yes, the Chase PQM do count. They should have posted all along as you bought tickets. Your total PQM shown on your account will reflect your Chase PQM unless it was a recent purchase.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus cattle, DL SkyPesos peon, HHonors Blue
The two above got it so far, but the one question I would have is whether Chase will post the PQM's in time - e.g., if a flight lands at 11:52PM on NYE, you'd still fall under 2012 PQM earning even if they don't post for a couple days. But I'm not sure if Chase and UA will figure that out if there is some delay in your PQM processing. Not saying it won't work, just pointint out to make sure, since you're so close that there is no sense missing out just because Chase and UA couldn't get a couple last PQM's added.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LHCVG
The two above got it so far, but the one question I would have is whether Chase will post the PQM's in time - e.g., if a flight lands at 11:52PM on NYE, you'd still fall under 2012 PQM earning even if they don't post for a couple days.
The PQMs take quite awhile to post and are not related to when a flight lands. It is based on when the charge hits the Visa account. Lately I've found that the PQMs post a few weeks after the end of the month. So only United purchases through November 30 can be expected to hit this year's PQMs.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by nycityny
The PQMs take quite awhile to post and are not related to when a flight lands. It is based on when the charge hits the Visa account. Lately I've found that the PQMs post a few weeks after the end of the month. So only United purchases through November 30 can be expected to hit this year's PQMs.
What I meant was that you'd still get 2012 BIS PQM credit, because that is directly through UA, but the question is the Chase bonus PQMs, because those take time to post. My spend and travel rates just aren't high enough to be anywhere near elite status, so I've never paid attention to how long my PQMs take to post. But it sounds like it is indeed an issue for EOY travel and hoping that Chase PQM bonus will make it.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
MP Select Visa PQMs Eligible for 1k?

My PQMs have typically posted 2 weeks after the monthly close date on my Select card. For me that is the 3rd, so usually by the 17th they are in there.

They should count for 2012 if the charge hits by 12/31, but whether they do in practice I don't have experience to say.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I'm going to disagree with everyone here:

Flex PQMs do NOT in fact count towards 1K, this was specifically discussed at United Q & A w/ Mileage Plus
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by zabes64

Flex PQMs do NOT in fact count towards 1K, this was specifically discussed at United Q & A w/ Mileage Plus
I don't think we're talking about flex PQMs...I thought we were strictly discussing Chase CC spend-earned PQMs, which AFAIK count toward anything as long as it falls under the cap (5k for the Select, not sure what it is for other cards now). So in effect these don't count toward 1K insofar as you can't buy your way there from CC spend alone - they simply will only allow so many PQMs from CC spend alone.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zabes64

PQMs earned on the MileagePlus Visa (fka Platinum Class) and Select do count towards 1K. They're just regular PQMs. With the ex-plat class card you can earn up to 10k/year.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Have your PQMs been posting all year as the relevant statements closed? You should be able to see them on your MP statement (thought they are a bit hard to see -- but should be about the only non-flying activity that earns PQMs.) But, if you have 90+K BIS miles already, plus the 5K, you should already see the miles in your account and your progress towards status. Those last flights should show up just fine.

Last edited by slocouple; Dec 3, 2012 at 3:09 pm
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold
They totally count. I hit 1K before I had done the BIS miles due to my spend on my select card. But as mentioned...I was able to see them accruing.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:45 pm

Thought I'd jump in on this thread with a somewhat related question. Is anyone else having trouble getting PQM's earned from the Chase Mileage Plus Select Visa properly credited? These are PQM's you earn 1 for 1 for purchases on United.com.

2 problems I am continually having:

1. The amount they credit me never reconciles to what my own records show
2. They cap me at 5,000 PQM's. But I have 2 cards and the rules say you can earn 5,000 per card up to a maximum of 10,000 total.

Every year I have to call and fight with both United and Chase. Both of they always say I have to call the other. It is very frustrating and time consuming. It would appear it's going to be the same fight this year as I have yet to be awarded for 2013.

So anyway, I'm hoping there is a fix I can find here.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:00 pm

Personally, have always credited reasonably well, but I've never been anywhere near max'ing out that 5,000 PQM per year limit, so I can't speak to that particular issue. Sorry to hear they are giving you the runaround! Unfortunately, that seems to be the case with a lot of these benefits, where you get stuck in limbo between UA and Chase.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rdalan
Thought I'd jump in on this thread with a somewhat related question. Is anyone else having trouble getting PQM's earned from the Chase Mileage Plus Select Visa properly credited? These are PQM's you earn 1 for 1 for purchases on United.com.
When I have had problems I have gotten them resolved by logging into my Chase credit card account and sending an email from their website. They usually forward the note to the right person who can handle it and it gets resolved. I don't have to bounce between Chase and United.

Lately I've noticed that early in each calendar month I get credited with PQMs based on United charges I've made in the prior calendar month. Sometimes the billing cycle has not yet closed on those charges but I still get credited.

That said, I have not yet seen PQMs credited for March 2013 even though today is April 16. I don't know why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.