Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Hi,

If I got the United explorer card and the bonus on 9/12/14, can I apply for the 70k offer and spend 3K on or after 9/12/16 to receive the bonus miles?

Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by pindi
I doubt it - it clearly says if you have received the bonus in the past 24 months, you won't be eligible to receive the bonus again.
That's what I thought. Applied for the same card in Sept 2014 and got the bonus in Nov 2014. Still within the last 24 months. Just wanted to clarify maybe some encountered same problem.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Arrgh, I got this card in 2014 and received the 5k on Sep 21, 2014 and the 50k on Oct 21, 2014. Now 70k+5k+50$ for 3k$ in 3mo popped up while searching a UA ticket and confirmed after login. Why tempt me with this after verifying my account??? The sidebar of the offer says

This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:44 pm

I saw this offer while making a reservation today - logged in, was given the 70K offer, applied and was approved right away. 70K + $50 credit. Happy camper here.
are you 5/24 or over?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by gerbilunit
are you 5/24 or over?
What do you mean?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:06 pm

What do you mean?
have you had over 5 new accounts in the last 24 months per the new chase 5/24 rule?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by gerbilunit
have you had over 5 new accounts in the last 24 months per the new chase 5/24 rule?
Lol - No - I don't.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:13 pm

Can you be targeted? even if you have the card? Help please before 6/30 ;)

Quick question about targeted offers.

If your current MP Explorer Card is listed in your MP account as a preferred method for payment, will you ever get a targeted offer? Why would they target someone who has the card already?

2 weeks ago DH (who at the time did not have a MP card) did a sample reservation and was offered and applied for and was immediately approved for the the 50000 mile (after 2K spend) + 5000 w/AU + $50 SC + AF waived.

Now the card is available (targeted) for 70000.

How can I tell if he would have been targeted?
If he removes his card from his MP account, will he see a targeted offer?

Is it worth a phone call to Chase?

I have read on reddit churning that folks who had applied for and received the 50000 offer DH took were matched for the 70000 if it was less 90 days since the original application.

But, how do you even see the targeting if you have the card????
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:06 pm

Anyone had luck bypassing 5/24 with a mailer? I kind of doubt the one I received would work (no code, just a URL).
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Mme H
Quick question about targeted offers.

If your current MP Explorer Card is listed in your MP account as a preferred method for payment, will you ever get a targeted offer? Why would they target someone who has the card already?
Yes - have had my MPE less than one year and just saw a 70k targeted offer on united.com. No idea why they would do this - I just feel taunted for not holding out for better than 50 .
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:27 pm
Suspended

No one is being taunted. Offers, like prices, change all the time. That's just the way it is.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
If I had the business card within the last year and cancelled it already, am I still eligible for getting 70k on an personal card? I do see the 70k offer on my MPP acct.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I emailed the screenshot to Chase CS and they replied

"Please be advised that according to United, there is not a 70,000
bonus mile promotion that is currently active or available
at this time. For this reason we are unable to honor your
request for additional enrollment miles."

Obviously the rep who responded didn't look at the screenshot. So I asked them to escalate to a supervisor and am now waiting for a response.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
If I had the business card within the last year and cancelled it already, am I still eligible for getting 70k on an personal card? I do see the 70k offer on my MPP acct.
Yes, as long as you haven't had five or more new accounts opened with any bank in the last 24 months.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Mme H
Quick question about targeted offers...

But, how do you even see the targeting if you have the card????
Targeted!

Time for a SM? but it doesn't sound like folks are having luck with this now - don't know about waiting though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.