Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:15 pm

Confirmation of 30,000 bonus miles

I signed up for a Mileage+ Explorer card and a 30K miles offer. My last Chase card was "around" 2 years ago, but I can't remember the exact date of the card or when I last got a mileage bonus.
Anyway, they sent an email "Card is on its way" with no mention of the bonus. I received the card itself today with no mention of the bonus.
I have to assume I get no bonus? Is it worth calling Chase to ask?
I had bad experiences in the past with Chase CSRs saying, "Sure you'll get the miles. Just go spend the thousand dollars" and of course, I got nothing.
Any advice?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I signed up for a Mileage+ Explorer card and a 30K miles offer. My last Chase card was "around" 2 years ago, but I can't remember the exact date of the card or when I last got a mileage bonus.
Anyway, they sent an email "Card is on its way" with no mention of the bonus. I received the card itself today with no mention of the bonus.
I have to assume I get no bonus? Is it worth calling Chase to ask?
I had bad experiences in the past with Chase CSRs saying, "Sure you'll get the miles. Just go spend the thousand dollars" and of course, I got nothing.
Any advice?
You can log onto your United account and see exactly when you got the last bonus. No guessing needed. Probably would have been a good idea to do before you applied though.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
You can log onto your United account and see exactly when you got the last bonus. No guessing needed. Probably would have been a good idea to do before you applied though.
Ah, I didn't think the account history wold go back so far, but it did. My last reward on that card was in 2013, so that sounds like I am good to go. However, I'm still leery because Chase sent me two different messages (email and printed letter with card itself) with no mention of the bonus.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:14 am

Ah, I didn't think the account history wold go back so far, but it did. My last reward on that card was in 2013, so that sounds like I am good to go. However, I'm still leery because Chase sent me two different messages (email and printed letter with card itself) with no mention of the bonus.
If it helps, I checked the printed letter that came with my card, and it had no mention of the signup bonus that I was eligible for. I went on to receive 50k after meeting spend.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
If you're that concerned, why not call the number on the back of your card and have them verify the bonus you're enrolled in? They'll be able to tell you immediately.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:18 pm

Hey Gang, I applied today for both this card and the Hyatt card. I was instantly approved for the Hyatt, but got a message on the MPE that "we have all the information we need to make a decision, etc."

I got a ridiculously high CL on the Hyatt. Is the best bet for me to wait on the MPE or should I call in and ask to reallocate the Hyatt (19K) amount? Thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by purdue1015
Hey Gang, I applied today for both this card and the Hyatt card. I was instantly approved for the Hyatt, but got a message on the MPE that "we have all the information we need to make a decision, etc."

I got a ridiculously high CL on the Hyatt. Is the best bet for me to wait on the MPE or should I call in and ask to reallocate the Hyatt (19K) amount? Thanks.
If I were you, I'd
  • send Chase an SM ASAP asking to lower the CL on the Hyatt card to ~$12K;
  • sit & wait for an answer on the MPE; and
  • if the MPE is denied, then and only then call & offer to reallocate some of the remaining Hyatt CL.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
If I were you, I'd
  • send Chase an SM ASAP asking to lower the CL on the Hyatt card to ~$12K;
  • sit & wait for an answer on the MPE; and
  • if the MPE is denied, then and only then call & offer to reallocate some of the remaining Hyatt CL.
Done. Thank you. What struck me as odd was that I wasn't given any phone number (or anything, really) for the MPE to follow up on. I am assuming they will (obviously) reach out to me?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by purdue1015
Done. Thank you. What struck me as odd was that I wasn't given any phone number (or anything, really) for the MPE to follow up on. I am assuming they will (obviously) reach out to me?
Patience, Grasshopper. You will hear from Chase. It's tempting to call them--I know, as one with a pending Marriott card app--but the better course is to wait, even though it may take weeks.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Patience, Grasshopper. You will hear from Chase. It's tempting to call them--I know, as one with a pending Marriott card app--but the better course is to wait, even though it may take weeks.
Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
If it helps, I checked the printed letter that came with my card, and it had no mention of the signup bonus that I was eligible for. I went on to receive 50k after meeting spend.
Thanks, that gives me a little more confidence.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:10 pm

Confirming that Chase is still using "did member earn miles recently?" as a trigger for targeting the 50K offer. Having recently earned miles (MP Dining 1000-point signup bonus) after a long period of no UA earning, my DW received this:
Congratulations on recently earning miles. You can build your mileage balance even faster with the MileagePlus® Explorer Card. You'll get 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first three months your account is open.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Question on 10K bonus miles for $25K spend. I have two MP Explorer cards one for personal and one for business. Do I get 10Kbonus miles for both or are they combined? Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Wife got the 50K offer on her united account with 0 earned miles in at least a year if not more.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by denuaflier
Question on 10K bonus miles for $25K spend. I have two MP Explorer cards one for personal and one for business. Do I get 10Kbonus miles for both or are they combined? Thanks.
You'll get 10,000 miles per card, but you have to spend $25,000 on each card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.