Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: United 1K (Star Alliance Gold) IHG Platinum
United Credit Card Question

I have had the Chase Sapphire card for a while and am relatively happy with it, but I'm considering switching to the United card for the following reason:

Even though the Sapphire is great because I can use my points for any airline or hotel, I already know that all of my points will be used for some Star Alliance airline. So, won't I get more bang for my buck with a United Card?

The Chase rep I spoke to said that it's much better to use their card because then I am not married to United, and that if United changes mileage policies from year to year, then I'm less affected. However, since I will use my points as soon as I get enough for a couple of biz class seats to somewhere out of the country, I figure I could plan for this.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
United Credit Card Question

United cards are issued by Chase too. Get it in addition not instead.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I currently have the United club card. Would Chase consider this a separate product so that I would be eligible for the Explorer 50k bonus?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by econ
I currently have the United club card. Would Chase consider this a separate product so that I would be eligible for the Explorer 50k bonus?
Yes, they are different products, so you are eligible for the bonus on the Explorer card.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Working fine for me? Maybe try calling Chase and seeing what they can do.
I tried applying online again a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for a fairly large credit line. Got the 50+5 for $2k spend offer with the $50 statement credit. Must have had a computer issue last night. Thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Got the bonus more than 2 years ago, but just canceled the card a couple months ago. How much time b/w cancellation and reapplying should a guy have?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by tbaumann3
I tried applying online again a few minutes ago and was instantly approved for a fairly large credit line. Got the 50+5 for $2k spend offer with the $50 statement credit. Must have had a computer issue last night. Thanks!
Glad to hear it worked for you in the end.

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Got the bonus more than 2 years ago, but just canceled the card a couple months ago. How much time b/w cancellation and reapplying should a guy have?
Matter of personal preference, really doesn't matter if you're instantly approved - only problem is if you call reconsideration they might ask questions. I'd recommend leaving at least a month, then you can say you were unhappy with United and then tried Delta for all of your flights and found that United's service was better so came back (or whatever other excuse you wanna use).
Old May 1, 2015, 11:09 am

I have a united mileage plus card(downgraded from a united mileage plus explorer card long time ago), am I eligible for this offer ? THX
Old May 1, 2015, 12:55 pm

I got the "offer unavailable" too, even though it has been more than 2 years since my last bonus.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:59 pm

I got the 50K plus 5K for adding an AU and $50 statement credit offer by booking a dummy reservation

Just an FYI as I haven't seen it mentioned but it says the offer ends 6/2 so I'll be applying in a few weeks as I have some other spends going on
Old May 4, 2015, 8:47 pm

Can you add an AU while applying or do you have to wait until sometime later? The terms and conditions look a little ambiguous.
Old May 5, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt
I'm planning on dropping my Club card and applying for this offer. Should I cancel then apply or apply then cancel, or is there no difference?
Old May 5, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by savedbyhim01
Can you add an AU while applying or do you have to wait until sometime later? The terms and conditions look a little ambiguous.
I have done both.. on application and once I received the card ( for my husband)
Old May 5, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JC Gold
I'm planning on dropping my Club card and applying for this offer. Should I cancel then apply or apply then cancel, or is there no difference?
I would apply first without canceling. If you're not instantly approved, you can use the credit limit on your Explorer card as leverage to get the Club card approved. And if you are instantly approved, you can shift the Explorer's credit limit over to the Club when you call to cancel. At least, that's what I would do.
Old May 5, 2015, 5:53 pm

Can you guys explain this to me?

Can I sign up for this card, add my wife as an authorized user, then can she sign up for the card, and add me as a user (so we both get 55k?). Or are they wise to this?

Another angle: Could my mother apply and add me as an authorized user (different last names and different addresses)? If yes, could I then apply or will I be blocked from the offer for a few years?

Thanks for the expertise in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.