Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got an email solicitation a few weeks ago for the 50k miles/$2k spend offer. It also includes 5k miles for an AU and one purchase. I was reluctant to apply because Chase rejected my UA card application a few months ago for "opening too many new accounts". But my app over the weekend sailed through with instant approval and a generous $35k CL.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:59 am

Anybody knows how long will it take for the mileageplus account to reflect that I have an explorer card? I have been approved for the card last week and I want to book an award in XN as soon as possible. Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Just applied and now I have to call recon. Anybody know the number for recon and how hard it is to get approved?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:32 pm
ATL

I applied about a week ago for the 30k offer.
Activated last night.

Today, I got an email about a 50k offer.

Can I call and get the better offer? Is this a thing?

EDIT: Got the 50k offer for 2k spending. Easier than expected.

Last edited by ATL; Aug 11, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by agp423
Do you get all the card benefits (priority boarding, free checked bag) if you're using it to pay for the taxes/fee on a domestic economy award ticket?
You get those benefits simply for holding the card. You do not have to use it to purchase the ticket you're flying on.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:57 am
formerly mattrendell27

anyone had recent success applying for 30k offer and being matched to 50k through SM? I remember reading that that was working a lot awhile ago.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: spg gold
Maybe it's time to update the Wiki, unless I'm wrong the 50,000 mile offer is dead?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Maybe it's time to update the Wiki, unless I'm wrong the 50,000 mile offer is dead?
Still shows 50K for me but no $50 credit.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Still shows 50K for me but no $50 credit.
That means you are targeted for the 50k offer. Anyone can get the $50 offer if you apply using the banner that pops up during the flight booking process.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:22 am

I'm only getting a 30k offer when I click on the link, I understand its semi targeted but if I transfer some UR points to my united account will it give me the 50k offer?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:37 pm

Anyone know if I can get the free baggage benefit if I booked a United Flight using KrisFyler points? The benefit indicates that the ticket must be purchase using the card.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
United Mileage Plus Explorer Card

I had this card about 20 months ago and cancelled it a couple months after spending the requirement and collecting the 50K bonus miles. I re-applied for the card back in April and was declined, didn't call the recon line at the time. I have recently got a few solicitations in the mail for this card as well as the MP Club card. I want to get this card again and keep it. Any insight into how long I need to wait, is it a good sign I'm getting the solicitations? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
United Mileage Plus Explorer Card

I'd call them to discuss it, especially since you received the solicitation. Although I've heard they are not always indication of auto approval. I

have the biz version and like it. One of the very few airline cards that actually offers good benefits: 2x pts at office supply stores, restaurants and gas stations...and primary insurance coverage with rental cars.

Good luck.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
I re-applied for the card back in April and was declined
What reason(s)?

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
I have recently got a few solicitations in the mail for this card as well as the MP Club card.
They really don't mean much. They're just marketing. Even a preapproval isn't a guarantee.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by jacknyoc
I'd call them to discuss it, especially since you received the solicitation. Although I've heard they are not always indication of auto approval. I

have the biz version and like it. One of the very few airline cards that actually offers good benefits: 2x pts at office supply stores, restaurants and gas stations...and primary insurance coverage with rental cars.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply. Trouble is, I have tried to call them and nobody will talk to me because I don't have an account with Chase. All they tell me to do is apply for the card again and wait for an answer and at that time I will receive the card or call the recon line if I am declined again. Does anyone know of a number I can call and discuss this with a live rep even though I don't have an account with chase. Also, I don't think I can call the recon line as the previous application was months ago. As always, thanks for the insight everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.