Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by newguy2321
I'm only getting a 30k offer when I click on the link, I understand its semi targeted but if I transfer some UR points to my united account will it give me the 50k offer?
It's a very semi targeted offer. I haven't flown United since December, never had status, and I got the offer. Even have the no first year fee for club in my account.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
anyone had recent success applying for 30k offer and being matched to 50k through SM? I remember reading that that was working a lot awhile ago.
Breaking the lurking habit:

30k cleared yesterday, called in this morning and asked about matching to the 50k offer. (I actually signed up with the 50k offer through UA but it obviously didn't go through.) Rep was very helpful and said they'd add 20k more after a total of 2k spend; in other words, spend another 1k by the three month deadline. No complaints!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:24 pm

I applied yesterday. Not sure if it's because I'm semi targeted but the 30k offer showed up first after logging into my United account. changed the 3 to 5 in the address bar and the 50k offer showed up. Was approved after calling in to verify info from the app.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:12 am

Hey guys,

So I went into my local Chase branch and they had the 50k miles personal card with $2k spending. I applied and got approved on the spot. They told me I can apply for the business card the next day.

Do you guys know the churning rules for Chase? Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
This card still has a foreign transaction fee, correct?
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:58 am

I just got the 50K offer with 2K spending in my email this weekend. Unfortunately, I just applied for a Hyatt credit card 6 weeks ago. I was only eligible for the 30K UAL at that time. I wish now that I'd waited.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mareh
I just got the 50K offer with 2K spending in my email this weekend. Unfortunately, I just applied for a Hyatt credit card 6 weeks ago. I was only eligible for the 30K UAL at that time. I wish now that I'd waited.
You might still be eligible for the 50K UA card. Apply & see. Chase is less strict on co-branded cards.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
This card still has a foreign transaction fee, correct?
No. Check wiki for benies.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
mrs. jacknyoc applied today for the business version, with 50K after $2k spend. We like the earning options better than the personal card. her application is under review. rarely if ever happens to her. she was immediately approved early this year for Ink and last year for a Citi card. great credit. I'm usually the one who gets the review notice due to a flag we put on our credit a few years ago after a fraud attempt. we'll call in a day or so in hopes of moving things along. I wonder whether they're getting more picky, or whether having me as an authorized user flagged something this time?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
Notified today of approval (two days after application) via email. We were going to call today to follow up on application and try to get them to approve. Nicely done Chase.

Originally Posted by jacknyoc
mrs. jacknyoc applied today for the business version, with 50K after $2k spend. We like the earning options better than the personal card. her application is under review. rarely if ever happens to her. she was immediately approved early this year for Ink and last year for a Citi card. great credit. I'm usually the one who gets the review notice due to a flag we put on our credit a few years ago after a fraud attempt. we'll call in a day or so in hopes of moving things along. I wonder whether they're getting more picky, or whether having me as an authorized user flagged something this time?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Avianca, Mariott Gold
If I was an authorized user on another persons explorer card within in the past year, would I still be eligible for the 50K mileage bonus?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by delta spartan
If I was an authorized user on another persons explorer card within in the past year, would I still be eligible for the 50K mileage bonus?
Yes. Check the wiki for the only 2 disqualifying factors.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:35 pm

Chase United Airlines Explorer card

I applied a couple of days ago for this card and although I have several other Chase cards (INK, IHG etc), I did not get an instant online approval but a screen telling me that they will send their decision and/or the card by US mail in 30 days.

Is there any way of knowing whether it has been approved and how much is the credit limit, prior to hearing from Mr. Postman?

Also, what is the best way to score the $25Kminimum purchase by 12/31, without being out of pocket by very much (i.e. charge, pay, refund or get the money back)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
United Airlines Chase Explorer card

Chase Credit Card
888-609-7805, 888-871-4649(Reconsiderations)
800-432-3117 (App status)
888-270-2127 (App recon)
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SchrottFly
Also, what is the best way to score the $25Kminimum purchase by 12/31, without being out of pocket by very much (i.e. charge, pay, refund or get the money back)
There'a s whole forum for that:
In that forum, start with:
Refunds (back to the card, anyway) is not a good route. You could have your miles pulled, or at least by blacklisted by Chase for having tried to earn miles by making purchases and then doing refunds after the miles posted.

You need to get the cash-equivalents out in a way that Chase doesn't notice "glaringly" for it to work. That's why there are so many techniques to Manufactured Spending which are not all trivial to do. (Several of the simpler ones only work if you're reasonably near a Wal-Mart, as you may have to visit its Money Center often for that amount of spend. And most involve fees at some level, so you have to figure out how much you're willing to pay in fees to get whatever the $25k spend will give you.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.