Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by BigMouthStrikesAgain
Can you guys explain this to me?

Can I sign up for this card, add my wife as an authorized user, then can she sign up for the card, and add me as a user (so we both get 55k?). Or are they wise to this?

Another angle: Could my mother apply and add me as an authorized user (different last names and different addresses)? If yes, could I then apply or will I be blocked from the offer for a few years?

Thanks for the expertise in advance!
Being an AU on another persons account does not effect your bonus eligibility.

When I apply I am putting my dad as a AU and when he applies he is putting me as an AU
Old May 5, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by BigMouthStrikesAgain
Can you guys explain this to me?

Can I sign up for this card, add my wife as an authorized user, then can she sign up for the card, and add me as a user (so we both get 55k?). Or are they wise to this?

Another angle: Could my mother apply and add me as an authorized user (different last names and different addresses)? If yes, could I then apply or will I be blocked from the offer for a few years?

Thanks for the expertise in advance!
Yes, both husband and I used each other as AU to get the 55k

I now have the card a second time and put my son as AU but it really doesn't matter, the card comes to you and you can put spend on it yourself.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:31 pm

applied and received the wait a week or so for answer so I called up reconsideration number. told they wanted to verify my identity then approved me for 25CL. Had this card in 2011 and cancelled December 2014.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Being an AU on another persons account does not effect your bonus eligibility.

When I apply I am putting my dad as a AU and when he applies he is putting me as an AU
AU card does not affect your bonus eligibility, however, the AU card, credit line and utilization still showed up on AU's credit history. Put your dog as AU next time
Old May 6, 2015, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by metoo
applied and received the wait a week or so for answer so I called up reconsideration number. told they wanted to verify my identity then approved me for 25CL. Had this card in 2011 and cancelled December 2014.
Same thing as mine, the last Chase CC was applied 9 months ago. I do churning Citi cards recently. I was expecting the app to be approved automatically, however, it was pending. The recon line took longer than usual to approve my card. I was spending 20-25 mins on the call to get it approved.
Old May 7, 2015, 5:22 am

looks like there is a promotion for 5K miles per referral (up to 10), but you can't get $50 statement credit if you apply thru referral link...

is it better to get 5K miles or $50 statement credit?
Old May 7, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
looks like there is a promotion for 5K miles per referral (up to 10), but you can't get $50 statement credit if you apply thru referral link...

is it better to get 5K miles or $50 statement credit?
Miles not even close
Old May 9, 2015, 11:32 am

Received the United Explorer card and when activated, asked the CSR about the 50k plus $5k AU plus $50 statement credit. Told I only have the 50k with 3k spending even though I clicked on the "correct" link when I actually booked a UA ticket. CSR said she will write my request. I also Secure message to ask about it 2 days ago. No reply.

What is best way to receive the said bonus I applied for?
Old May 9, 2015, 6:47 pm

I have a united mileage plus card(downgraded from a united mileage plus explorer card long time ago), am I still eligible for this offer ? THX
Old May 10, 2015, 8:45 am

woot! I just got an instant approval for the card offering 50K + 5K miles + $50 statement credit with $2,000 purchase in three months, no AF for 1st year.

Thanks for the tip about booking a dummy flight on united.com. Otherwise, my offer would require $3,000 purchase without the $50 credit.

wooooot!

Now I wonder where I can find that 24-month churning restriction, or lifetime restriction?
Old May 10, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by eSurfer
Now I wonder where I can find that 24-month churning restriction,?
AFAIK, pretty much on every Chase app nowadays.

Originally Posted by eSurfer
or lifetime restriction?
Old May 16, 2015, 9:25 am

I just applied for the card through this link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k50AFWIC/allbenefits and was instantly approved.

My most recent Chase United Plus Explorer card was approved in October 2013, so less than 24 months ago. Any opinions on whether I'll get the 50K points with this recent approval? I'm obviously reluctant to go for the (admittedly low) $2000 spend in 3 months if I won't get the points in the end and I'm nervous to send them a SM in case it alerts them to my situation.
Old May 16, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Laura782
I just applied for the card through this link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k50AFWIC/allbenefits and was instantly approved.

My most recent Chase United Plus Explorer card was approved in October 2013, so less than 24 months ago. Any opinions on whether I'll get the 50K points with this recent approval? I'm obviously reluctant to go for the (admittedly low) $2000 spend in 3 months if I won't get the points in the end and I'm nervous to send them a SM in case it alerts them to my situation.
Nope, you won't get the 50K points. Chase clearly states that the bonus is not available to "previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months."
Old May 16, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Nope, you won't get the 50K points. Chase clearly states that the bonus is not available to "previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months."
They definitely don't play nice with this. They will give you the card, and wait for a month, sometimes two, hoping you will make the min spnd, before they send you a letter telling you that you do not qualify for the bonus. If you are hoping you slipped thru on this, since there is no AF the first year, and you already got the HP, you could always keep the card open and wait for two months before doing any spend and see if you get that message. If you don't you can do the spend quickly to finish within the 3 months. But my guess is you will get the dreaded message. Sorry...
Old May 16, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
They definitely don't play nice with this. They will give you the card, and wait for a month, sometimes two, hoping you will make the min spnd, before they send you a letter telling you that you do not qualify for the bonus. If you are hoping you slipped thru on this, since there is no AF the first year, and you already got the HP, you could always keep the card open and wait for two months before doing any spend and see if you get that message. If you don't you can do the spend quickly to finish within the 3 months. But my guess is you will get the dreaded message. Sorry...
Thanks. I expected as much, but figured it was worth applying. I did read the fine print that I was ineligible for the points having opened a card within the past 2 years, but I know people (including myself) have slipped through the cracks with other cards, etc, so I wanted to confirm that there was no chance of that happening in this case. Sounds unlikely, but maybe I will wait to see if I get the message before my 3 months are up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.