Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

t&c seem to specifically call out "this product" in 24 mo limitation so i assume recent business card bonus should not disqualify anyone.

Originally Posted by Happy
Been out of town for 1.5 months until yesterday so am now pressing in time to play catch up - my main concern is, several months ago there were sporadic reports about folks having a biz card bonus earned within the 24 months and were denied the bonus on the personal card, but there were also others who have no issue getting both. I will try my best to go over the thread to find tidbits. My personal card was canceled 2 years ago. My biz card is about to be 2 years old. I have been able to see the 50K offer long before it is made public, without having to do any reservation exercise. Though I forgot whether it has the $50 statement credit or not.

Meanwhile, could people who have the biz cards chime in on their experiences?

Thank you very much for sharing the data.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:51 am

Was wondering if bonus miles received last year via Chase Sapphire affects bonus mile requirement (within last 24 months) of this Explorer card or are they completely separate programs.

Thanks,
Old May 31, 2015, 1:58 pm

I have been lurking here for years, but this thread prompted me to register to be able to say a BIG thank you for the information here and to offer a bit of additional encouragement for those still waiting to sign up for the deal on the card (June 2 deadline).

Originally Posted by beckoa
… I applied using the flight search technique to generate the 50K+5K+$50 credit. Approved instantly
Originally Posted by nkaufman
Was wondering if you noticed a situation similar to mine (see my earlier post) about $50 statement credit disappearing when one logs in even after a flight search or did you not look into that when filling up the application...
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
No, the statement credit did not disappear. I logged into my UA account first, did a flight search, then clicked on the link with $50 statement credit and the landing page showed the $50 statement credit in addition to the 50k+5k
Originally Posted by nkaufman
...That sequence worked - Log in to account, do dummy search then click on link that now shows $50 credit.

Previously I was doing a dummy search first then clicking on link which led to login page. At that point, the link to application did not show $50 credit.
I applied via the log in > do dummy search > click on offer. I got the 50K+5K+$50 with instant approval.

One thing I did find, however, was that when I first saw the offer to the right of the search results with the picture of the card and the words “$50 statement credit” I clicked on the “Learn More” button and I was taken to a page that did not show the “$50 Statement Credit”. I went back and clicked on it again, and this time the $50 credit also showed up. Strange - but good.

I took screen shots of each page as evidence of all the benefits included.

I got the 50K+5K+$50 3+ years ago, and I cancelled that Explorer card this March. I was approved instantly without a hiccup.

I put in M. H’s name as an AU on the application and assume I’ll get that extra 5K. I called the app phone number and a CSR told me that it was fine to add the name now and it would generate the additional 5K bonus miles.

Again, thanks to all for all the helpful information here.

Mme H

Last edited by Mme H; May 31, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Old May 31, 2015, 5:48 pm

Mileageplus explorer--apply at United.com checkout/instant use?

I'm in the process of buying some tickets on United.com for an upcoming trip. After I select my flights I'm presented with the option to obtain a Chase Mileageplus explorer card.

If I apply (and assuming that I'm instantly approved), is the card available for instant use on this itinerary or do I have to wait for the physical card to arrive in the mail?

Thank you!
Old May 31, 2015, 7:19 pm

I had this card back in 2012. Closed it out in March 2013. Can I still apply and get the 50,000 points?
Old May 31, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by ross11988
I had this card back in 2012. Closed it out in March 2013. Can I still apply and get the 50,000 points?
Since the fine print says: "Note: This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months" you should be good to go. You must have received your bonus before 2 years from now if you say you had the card in 2012.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:10 am

i logged in yesterday and got the 50k points with the 50 dollar credit with the 2k min spend. too bad i didn't know about this trick when my wife applied !
i just made a dummy reservation and got the offer on the next page after i hit 'search'
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:02 pm

How quickly does the statement credit appear? Right away at first purchase or when the first statement cuts?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by billybayswater
How quickly does the statement credit appear? Right away at first purchase or when the first statement cuts?
Mine appeared when the first statement cut.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I closed my UA Explorer card in April 2014 after having it a year. I applied for it again on May 18, 2015 using the booking trick and was instantly approved. I just wanted to have another way besides Ink cards to collect UA miles and figure I'm unlikely to receive the bonus again, but today the $50 credit appeared online. Does this mean anything or is it just the way they do things?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:18 pm

I applied for the offer with the $50 credit and reached $2000 spending. The $50 credit was applied and my balance is therefore over $1950. do I need to spend an additional $50 because of the statement credit?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by savedbyhim01
I applied for the offer with the $50 credit and reached $2000 spending. The $50 credit was applied and my balance is therefore over $1950. do I need to spend an additional $50 because of the statement credit?
yes. make sure you spend the $2000 not counting the $50 credit.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:21 am

Strange. Just noticed that many people see details that have min 2K spending but all the ones that I've seen were for 3K spending.

Even this thread mentions 3K spending. So, hopefully people are looking at the right offer when they mention 2K spend.

Anyone else notice this discrepancy?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:52 am

I noticed that too...the offer that showed for me on UA was $3k spend and included the $50 statement credit.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jtludwig
I'm in the process of buying some tickets on United.com for an upcoming trip. After I select my flights I'm presented with the option to obtain a Chase Mileageplus explorer card.

If I apply (and assuming that I'm instantly approved), is the card available for instant use on this itinerary or do I have to wait for the physical card to arrive in the mail?

Thank you!
In my experience, I had to wait for the card to arrive, even though the language on UAs website made it seem like I would have immediate use. They will expedite for free if you call and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.