Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by nkaufman
Strange. Just noticed that many people see details that have min 2K spending but all the ones that I've seen were for 3K spending.

Even this thread mentions 3K spending. So, hopefully people are looking at the right offer when they mention 2K spend.

Anyone else notice this discrepancy?
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I noticed that too...the offer that showed for me on UA was $3k spend and included the $50 statement credit.
I found that if you aren't logged in 3K is the offer - logging in gets you to the 2K offer. Both listed the $50 credit.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I seem to recall that when I applied last fall (at united.com, since it was showing me the 50k offer since I have Silver status*) they gave me some sort of temporary card number that I could use on United.com only until my physical card arrived. But since I didn't need that, I don't recall the details clearly.

*I have UA Silver status only due to having Marriott Platinum status. I don't actually fly UA often.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the UA biz card for almost 2 years. Last year I could not see any UA explorer card offer after logged in. However that changed earlier this year - I could see the 50K offer even after log in but without the need to do booking, up till 2 months ago. Out of the country for almost 1.5 months and came home in time to apply for it before the 50K went away again.

Then today when I went to apply the card, I found I could NOT see ANY offer once logged in. It reverted back to last year's situation - all I can see is the cards benefits! This did not change even using incognito. Decided to do flight search WITHOUT logged in, then the offer popped up, with 3K spend. Went to Apply and logged in, personal data are populated on the app screen without error. Submitted the app, called recon and card is now showing up in my Chase account online.

Will wait till card activation to verify the offer. Last personal card bonus was 3 years ago. But last biz card bonus was only 22 months. Since Chase offer only mentions "this product", I hope my biz card bonus does not interfere.

Still, this part of language on the app page bothers me:

Replying to this offer: If you omit any information on the form, we may deny your request for an account. Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 2, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Old Jun 2, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
I can confirm that business bonus does not preclude personal bonus.

I just got my 55k after getting the business bonus less than a year ago, with that business card still open. My last personal bonus was earned more than 24 months ago, but that card was closed only a few months ago. So, at least for me, the T&C of the offer worked to the letter.
Found this gem from months ago. Let's hope it still holds true - as the language has dropped the "Consumer" but only refers it as "this product", in both personal and biz card T&Cs.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Mme H
I found that if you aren't logged in 3K is the offer - logging in gets you to the 2K offer. Both listed the $50 credit.
I was logged in and got the $3k offer...I think. Now you have me second guessing. Guess I'll see when the card and letter arrive.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:34 am

My statement closed on the 1st and reflects my 50k bonus + 5k for adding an AU. When can I expect those miles to post to my UA account?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:23 pm

I was logged in and got the $3k offer...I think. Now you have me second guessing. Guess I'll see when the card and letter arrive.
What I found was that you got the $3k spend offer if you're logged in and just do a search for a flight. To get the $2k spend offer, I had to actually select a flight and click through to the next screen in order to get the banner with the $2k spend.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by PP212
What I found was that you got the $3k spend offer if you're logged in and just do a search for a flight. To get the $2k spend offer, I had to actually select a flight and click through to the next screen in order to get the banner with the $2k spend.
Crap, oh well...an extra $1k isn't a big deal.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by jtludwig
I'm in the process of buying some tickets on United.com for an upcoming trip. After I select my flights I'm presented with the option to obtain a Chase Mileageplus explorer card.

If I apply (and assuming that I'm instantly approved), is the card available for instant use on this itinerary or do I have to wait for the physical card to arrive in the mail?

Thank you!
Amex has done this with Delta for a couple years so they may be trying to do the same. Although when I tried it with Delta/Amex it didn't work. I did get a larger statement credit because of the failure though.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:49 am

Crap, oh well...an extra $1k isn't a big deal.
that being true, the reason why I wanted to bring this up is so that people don't just spend 2K (when the requirement could be 3K spend) and lose the opportunity to get bonus miles because once the 3 months are up, they're up.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:44 am

Any 50k links still out there?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Wonder if anyone got problem getting this card approved due to "too many new accounts". Chase seems to be tightening on CSP and Freedom application but wonder if anyone also has the experience of being denied in letter than not being reconsidered after calling in multiple times?

Thanks for the tips and help. Good luck
Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I closed my UA Explorer card in April 2014 after having it a year. I applied for it again on May 18, 2015 using the booking trick and was instantly approved. I just wanted to have another way besides Ink cards to collect UA miles and figure I'm unlikely to receive the bonus again, but today the $50 credit appeared online. Does this mean anything or is it just the way they do things?
I guess I timed the application just right, because my first statement just appeared today and it says I received 50,000 bonus miles. Maybe it is just over 2 years since the previous card's bonus posted. I'll have to go check, but this was a nice surprise.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 3770
Would love anyone's feedback on how to time, know, assess whether its worth it to wait for the higher sign-up bonus offers (the ones over 30-40k miles)
Wait for the ads on FT to advertise a bump in mileage bonus?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: Several
I just got a good offer in the mail the other day; 55,000 miles.

50,000 after $2000 spend in 3 months

5,000 after adding an authorized user and they use the card

That seems to be the standard "better" offer. I'm actually debating getting the card, but I have the old US Airways card with grandfathered 10K bonus miles annually (without minimum spend).

The day AA changes their award chart will be the day I seriously considering switching over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.