Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
I'm in the same boat, and curious to hear if there's a way to solve this (and get the 50k personal card).
I had the same problem. I transferred a few chase UR points to my UA account and immediately received a targeted offer.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
The 50k offer was publicly available for an entire month this past May. Why didn't you pull the trigger then?
I picked up a new round of cards in April, so between that and being out of the country for half the month, I wasn't closely monitoring offers in May. The April round of apps probably would have disqualified me anyway. Timing is everything, and mine has just been bad for the United cards.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
I had the same problem. I transferred a few chase UR points to my UA account and immediately received a targeted offer.
Great to know. When you say received, do you mean on their website, through email, snail mail, or what?

If it was on their website, did you take advantage of it right then, or were you able to come back and still find it later?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by bobert24
Great to know. When you say received, do you mean on their website, through email, snail mail, or what?

If it was on their website, did you take advantage of it right then, or were you able to come back and still find it later?
First received an email for the 50K+5k offer. I applied using the link in the email. I then also received the same offer through snail mail as well.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Thanks, but I don't have any UR points Maybe I should look into that card next...
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:06 am

Sadly enough, this didn't work for me. Oh well.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:01 am

Sadly enough, this didn't work for me. Oh well.
Well, if you recently transferred, I would wait at-least for a week. I recall having to wait for a week or so to receive the targeted offer. But again , like anything else , YMMV.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:47 am

... immediately received a targeted offer.
...I recall having to wait for a week or so to receive the targeted offer.
Given this new timeframe, it's entirely possible that the transfer had absolutely nothing to do with you being targeted.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Given this new timeframe, it's entirely possible that the transfer had absolutely nothing to do with you being targeted.
Having to wait for a week , after waiting to be targeted for a year or so , is relatively immediate , IMHO .. But yes, it is possible that the transfer might might have nothing to do with receiving the offer as well.. I
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:21 pm

Figured I'd add a datapoint

Had to beg Chase in Feb this year to get the CSP with a 10k limit. I spend pretty good on it however...anyways applied for MP explorer on Saturday through the targeted 50k offer by logging in through united. Got a notice to wait 30 days, but figured I'd call in. Spoke to the recon line and after verifying some stuff I was easily approved with a 26k limit, a huge increase from my CSP line.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Interesting. The conventional wisdom with Chase is to never call them unless you've been denied.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:46 pm

I went to the United site to price out an award flight. I didnt have enough points but there was a link for the United MP Card with 50k points for spending $2k in the first 3 months, 5k points for an authorized user, and $50 statement credit. Got approved instantly in spite of 6 other chase cards (2 business).
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:24 pm

When is Mileage Plus Explorer's next 50K bonus offer?

I really want the Mileage Plus Explorer card but I remember that, in January of this year, Chase was offering a sign up bonus of 50k miles (instead of 30k miles). I've only been in the credit card game for about a year so can someone more experienced tell me if Mileage Plus Explorer offers a 50K bonus EVERY January or if they just offer 50K bonuses at completely random times throughout the year? If the latter, how often do they offer these bonuses? I'd hate to sign up now just to see a better bonus offered in a couple of months. Thanks a heap.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:08 pm

Too Soon for 50K Bonus?

I recently signed the wife up for another Explorer card (last one was several years ago). The first statement cycled quickly about 2 weeks after application/approval but we still hit the 2K spend in that time. The Chase website shows her 2,050 miles earned from normal spend under "rewards history" but not the 50K sign up bonus nor the 5K authorized user bonus. I seem to remember the bonus always showing up a few days after the statement cycles once the minimum spend is satisfied. Is it likely the bonus will show up in the coming days/weeks or after the next statement cycle, or could I have a problem of possibly calculating the time since the last bonus was earned incorrectly and being SOL on getting the bonus again this time?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
I recently signed the wife up for another Explorer card (last one was several years ago). The first statement cycled quickly about 2 weeks after application/approval but we still hit the 2K spend in that time. The Chase website shows her 2,050 miles earned from normal spend under "rewards history" but not the 50K sign up bonus nor the 5K authorized user bonus. I seem to remember the bonus always showing up a few days after the statement cycles once the minimum spend is satisfied. Is it likely the bonus will show up in the coming days/weeks or after the next statement cycle, or could I have a problem of possibly calculating the time since the last bonus was earned incorrectly and being SOL on getting the bonus again this time?
How did you get a 50K offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.