Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
You can try logging into your United account and then pricing out a paid flight and a reward flight, get all the way to the purchase screen then don't purchase. I got a 50K offer in the mail about a week after that. It may be a coincidence, but I don't think so because I almost never receive targeted offers.
Interesting. I will try this using mrs pallhedge's account. She's never been targeted.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:06 pm

Oh dear--I hope this is a good place to ask this question. I am getting ready to change credit cards. Have a good rating and been receiving attractive offers. I have never had a UA card, or a Chase card, but have always kept a Bank/Visa card. I am looking for a card that has a very easy to use make a payment site/process. My daughter goes to her Discover Card site and tells Discover card how much to take out of what bank account and the payment is logged in that night. I want a card that is that easy to make payments. US Bank has been e x t r e m e l y SLOW in installing user friendly payment process. For instance, I cannot make a payment outside of US Bank without going to a third party group (not US Bank). So what I want is bank card REALLY easy to manage online. Thank you
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Chase's web interface is very good. It's better than Citi and is now better than my previous favorite, Amex, who has insisted on turnings theirs into a bizarre tablet-style ui. Someone else who has Discover and Chase can probably better answer your direct comparison, but I have US Bank for a car lease and find their website to be terrible, so I think you'll be fine with Chase.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:14 am

Thank you Wheels First!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
So I logged into my account and I'm targeted for the 50k+$50 offer. However, I just had the card 1.5 year ago, and closed it when AF hit. Anyone has experience of applying again within 1.5 years of receiving bonus? I know it is completely a YMMV situation (Chase says every 24 months), but it'd be nice to get some data points.

Thanks!

Last edited by jazzmailman; Mar 27, 2015 at 1:58 am
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:14 am

How long does it usually take for the $50 statement credit to post?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:59 am

i applied for the 50k offer without $50 statement credit, the same night i finally get the $50 offer linked to my united account

I SM'd chase and they won't match the offer even though i attached the screenshot of the united.com offer page....anyway other way to convince chase?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Got the card in Feb with the 30k offer, later found out I was targeted for the 50K back in 2014, called Chase and they matched the additional amount.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How soon after closing current Explorer card should i apply for new one? I am 2+ yrs from last bonus so thats not a constraint but iirc with chase i need to close the one first before applying... can i do it essentially next day?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by azepine00
How soon after closing current Explorer card should i apply for new one? I am 2+ yrs from last bonus so thats not a constraint but iirc with chase i need to close the one first before applying... can i do it essentially next day?
I would at least wait until your MP account is updated that you are no longer a cardholder. This way, you can possibly be targeted for the 50k bonus.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pallhedge
I would at least wait until your MP account is updated that you are no longer a cardholder. This way, you can possibly be targeted for the 50k bonus.
Thanks!

Any updatdes on whether 24 mo clock includes getting bonus for business card as well? This was suggested in the discussion earlier but with very few actual denial reports...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:09 pm

Received an email offer today for 50K bonus after spending $2K in 3 months on the MileagePlus Explorer. 5K bonus after adding an authorized user and two club passes per year too. Offer expires May 6.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I have yet to receive my club passes and have had the card since end of February.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Chase Presidential Plus
Originally Posted by MrMcLargeHuge
Received an email offer today for 50K bonus after spending $2K in 3 months on the MileagePlus Explorer. 5K bonus after adding an authorized user and two club passes per year too. Offer expires May 6.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
Thank you, the link worked for me.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:52 pm

Quick question - If I have this card and want to get the sign up bonus again after 2 years, do I need to close the card or only downgrading will do it as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.