Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: United Silver, 0.9MM
I didn't even know the 55k Explorer Card offer was targeted.

I needed a UA branded card that didn't charge foreign transaction fees (my MileagePlus Select card does) and through doing some research I found out that the Explorer was offering 55k. I clicked a random link someone posted saying this may or may not work for you and sure enough it did.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by robbgrn
I didn't even know the 55k Explorer Card offer was targeted.

I needed a UA branded card that didn't charge foreign transaction fees (my MileagePlus Select card does) and through doing some research I found out that the Explorer was offering 55k. I clicked a random link someone posted saying this may or may not work for you and sure enough it did.
Yeah, I've tried everything. Clearing Cookies, all the random different tricks published online, nothing results in a non-auto-redirect to the 30k offer for me.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: United Silver, 0.9MM
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Yeah, I've tried everything. Clearing Cookies, all the random different tricks published online, nothing results in a non-auto-redirect to the 30k offer for me.
I believe, but am not positive, that it forced me to enter my MP login details before it accepted the offer which leads me to believe it is infact a targeted offer even though I know for a fact I never got a email or letter alerting me to this offer.

So clearly they are using some metric to decide who gets it and who doesn't. No clue what it could be though, I've done nothing particularly special to deserve it. I do have the now discontinued but still amazing MileagePlus Select card that I'll probably never get rid of.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm

Yeah, I even read somewhere that it helps to have United miles in your MileagePlus account, so I transferred some UR pts to UA.

Still no dice on the 50k offer. Will keep checking/trying.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:47 pm

I got this card in January 2014, and I *think* it had 10k points for spending $25k in a year. I spent $25,040. My statement just closed, the month's points are already showing on United, but no mention of the extra 10k points. At this point I'm not sure if I'm misremembering the offer terms - maybe I was meant to spend $30k or something, or if it takes some time for the bonus to post.

Any insight? I guess it's also possible I returned something to bring me back under $25k, but I don't typically buy things that can be returned on this card.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by zeus2120
I signed up for the 30 + 5 explorer card offer about a month ago. Two days ago I was at LAX and they were advertising a 50 + 5 offer. I sent a secure message asking to match the offer and they said I have to provide the invitation code that the sales reps at LAX had. WHAT?! If I would have waited....well..anyway that's the way life goes. If anyone happens to be at LAX or IAH (or any other airport with the 50k offer) and wants to share the invitation code it'd be much appreciated!
Same here. I've got an AOR coming up before my next trip happens, and have been unable to get anything other than the 30k offer to show up. If anybody can grab anything with an invitation code, etc., I'd really appreciate it. Heck, I'd even pay you a few bucks (if that's allowed - I'm not sure that it is).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:15 pm

Ugh, seriously. That's annoying. I wonder if I need to bounce to SFO (a large United hub) and see if there's anything outside of security (since I'm not flying in the next few weeks).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by zeus2120
Two days ago I was at LAX and they were advertising a 50 + 5 offer.
By the way, where at LAX? Was it outside of security, inside security, at the gate, at the check-in / luggage drop-off counter?

I'm going to just plan a quick jump over to SFO to see if I can find any pamphlets. But it'd help to know how deep into the airport I need to go.

If I secure any, I'll grab a few and share as appropriate.

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm going to just plan a quick jump over to SFO to see if I can find any pamphlets. But it'd help to know how deep into the airport I need to go.

If I secure any, I'll grab a few and share as appropriate.
Please pass along to me, if you are able to get it! Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Please pass along to me, if you are able to get it! Thanks!
Yup, absolutely.

Still, would be good to know from others above where this stuff was found. I'm only going to be able to poke around the check-in counter at SFO since I can't get past security to check at the gate (no pending flights).
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Still, would be good to know from others above where this stuff was found. I'm only going to be able to poke around the check-in counter at SFO since I can't get past security to check at the gate (no pending flights).
Well... I may not need your help after all!

I just called my local Chase branch to ask if they can offer the 50k + 5k (authorized user) mile sign-up bonus. The banker said "yes, when can you come in?" I'm headed in tomorrow morning!

So, my advice to all you out there with Chase branches nearby: give them a call to see if they can do it.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:37 pm

Well... I may not need your help after all!

I just called my local Chase branch to ask if they can offer the 50k + 5k (authorized user) mile sign-up bonus. The banker said "yes, when can you come in?" I'm headed in tomorrow morning!

So, my advice to all you out there with Chase branches nearby: give them a call to see if they can do it.
Whoah! Awesome. I'll swing by Chase on Saturday morning before my originally planned SFO trip.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
sadly I am actually in BOS where there is no Chase branches around.... If anyone can provide any information for me, it will be great and I will be very thankful.

TIA!

Pete
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:31 am

Got it!! Plus, a $450 bonus for coming back to Chase for my personal banking! Man, Chase is really giving away money right now... and I'll take it!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:02 pm

Got it!! Plus, a $450 bonus for coming back to Chase for my personal banking! Man, Chase is really giving away money right now... and I'll take it!
^

Congrats!

My SFO run was unfruitful. I'll have to call up my local Chase branch tomorrow and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.