Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:46 am

Link does not work as 50k

Originally Posted by crimsonred
Still works. Copy the link properly from post 1654, it works for me.
I applied few days ago following the instruction in post 1654 and got instantly approved but found out that I applied for the 30k. Application page does not indicate the offer type.
However, I messaged Chase and they seem willing to match to 50K +$50 once the initial 30k posts. Hope they do!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:19 pm

Thumbs up Still working!

Count me in as another person who was successful using Post #1654. It took me a few tries (you MUST follow the directions exactly, particularly with regard to clearing history/cookies and the order of operations) and it will work!

I applied late last night, was instantly approved, and just confirmed with Customer Service Rep. today that I will recieve the 50K+ 5K for AU as soon as I spend $1,000. They even agreed to overnight my card so I can make a big payment (wedding caterer deposit) by the end of this week.

I'm a first timer when it comes to using credit card points/miles who's planning on using all $20K of my wedding spending over the next 6 months to pay for our honeymoon flight (and possibly another trip too, especially if I can also add the Chase Sapphire card for 40K more points). Big thanks to everyone on this thread!

PS - Anyone who wants to confirm whether or not you got the 50K instead of 30K after you've been approved, this is the number I called: 1-800-537-7783 (follow the prompts as if you wanted to check to see if your application went through and you should eventually get a CS rep on the line).
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Browser question

Just wondering if there are some browsers that work better with the process detailed in post 1654.

Originally Posted by Mumblebrag
Count me in as another person who was successful using Post #1654. It took me a few tries (you MUST follow the directions exactly, particularly with regard to clearing history/cookies and the order of operations) and it will work!
Hi, glad it worked for you. Which browser did you use?

I was trying to apply last night for a family member and had trouble with Internet Explorer. It would not generate the partially populated application or pull up any application.

The day before, I was able to get the populated application to load (without clearing history/cookies but following the rest of the instructions in post 1654) in Firefox, but I didn't proceed with the application then since I didn't want to take a chance of having the 30K bonus stick and didn't have the applicant's information available anyway.

Thanks for any info!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:00 pm

Just applied using the link and directions on post 1654.

My application is "being reviewed" and I will be notified within 10 days - or words to that effect.

Any suggestions on whether calling 9and what number) will help get approved more quickly?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by needtoescape
Just wondering if there are some browsers that work better with the process detailed in post 1654.

Hi, glad it worked for you. Which browser did you use?

I was trying to apply last night for a family member and had trouble with Internet Explorer. It would not generate the partially populated application or pull up any application.

The day before, I was able to get the populated application to load (without clearing history/cookies but following the rest of the instructions in post 1654) in Firefox, but I didn't proceed with the application then since I didn't want to take a chance of having the 30K bonus stick and didn't have the applicant's information available anyway.

Thanks for any info!
Chrome in incognito mode. IE or FF in private browsing are probably also good. Press ctrl+shift+p
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:45 pm

I had success with Firefox
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Just applied using IE along with the link and directions on post 1654.

Was immediately approved and the new card is in my Chase account online.

Now just have to wait for the card, charge the required amount, and see if I get the 50K + 5K (and the $50 credit)?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Auscal
Just applied using the link and directions on post 1654.

My application is "being reviewed" and I will be notified within 10 days - or words to that effect.

Any suggestions on whether calling 9and what number) will help get approved more quickly?
Usually you will get the same answer whether you call or not, but I'm impatient so I call! Also, I like to know that my apps were settled so I can start the clock on my next round of applications. Chase personal reconsideration 888-245-0625
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Received a flyer today for the 50K Miles with 1K in purchases, and another 5K for adding an Authorized user. No Annual Fee for the first year.
unitedexplorercard.com/50KStart

Says the offer expires Jun 15, 2013. Looks similar to what is on the First page of this thread.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Usually you will get the same answer whether you call or not, but I'm impatient so I call! Also, I like to know that my apps were settled so I can start the clock on my next round of applications. Chase personal reconsideration 888-245-0625
Did you get approved or still waiting on their answer?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by heta
I applied few days ago following the instruction in post 1654 and got instantly approved but found out that I applied for the 30k. Application page does not indicate the offer type.
However, I messaged Chase and they seem willing to match to 50K +$50 once the initial 30k posts. Hope they do!
Always message Chase if you see any offer better than yours in the 3 months after the application, even if it is somewhat restricted offer. They will normally match.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by tdrag97
nice... just try it.. no splash page but did make sure I saw the "DZ9V" and/or "06P" in the app link(post #1654). if it work great, if not I was planning to get the 30k anyway.

*crossing finger*

DataPoint : Use the #1654 tip to apply on 4-10-13, without any fresh miles in the account. Approve instantly

4-23-13 : got the card call in to activate and confirm the bonus. 50k with $1k spending in 3 months plus 5k with AU. BAM woohooo... but no $50 statement credit.. its all good..
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:06 am

Approved today, wondering when card benefits are activated as I have a UA flight coming up and have no status at the moment so wouldn't mind the priority boarding. Not a big deal either way, but if all it takes is a call then I can handle that.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tdrag97
DataPoint : Use the #1654 tip to apply on 4-10-13, without any fresh miles in the account. Approve instantly

4-23-13 : got the card call in to activate and confirm the bonus. 50k with $1k spending in 3 months plus 5k with AU. BAM woohooo... but no $50 statement credit.. its all good..
Are you sure there was no statement credit? I could have sworn that my wifes card included it after calling in to confirm bonus. I guess i'll have to wait and see if it posts.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Salmontes
Did you get approved or still waiting on their answer?
Approved and confirmed bonus over the phone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.