FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

Stubtify Apr 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 18412859)
Does chase ask for an SSN or other identifying information for the extra card? If not, it doesn't matter what name is used. Use the name of your dog or cat.

They don't ask for SSN, just name.

Corridor! Apr 18, 2012 6:01 pm

UA additional 5K

I sent a secure message on Monday as I applied for the 60K + $50 statement. Here is the reply I received. I don't see any reference to needing a social for the additional user.^

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Chase about your United
MileagePlus credit card account and enrollment bonus.

We are pleased to confirm we have received your request to
exchange the offers on the account. Please reply to this
message with the name of the person you would like to add
to the account. Once the Authorized User is added, a
credit card with the new user's name will be mailed to the
address listed on your account and 5,000 bonus miles will
be added to your account. In addition, you can earn 10,000
bonus miles if you spend $25,000 in purchases in any
calendar year (January through December). Once all of the
above have been met you will have received a total of
65,000 miles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

100countrygoal Apr 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by trajectory (Post 18396976)
Correcting my earlier post:
The offer is still available. This is what I did:
- login to united.com
- login to chase
- open link in post #6
- close this page
- open link in post#1
At this point the application form came up. I was using Firefox this time. The previous time with the Chromium browser I got the "Offer Unavailable" message.
With Firefox, the application got immediately approved.

Nice!! Did all the above exactly (although in the chrome browser), and it all came up! 65K + $50 credit. thanks!

ryandelmundo Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

Originally Posted by melan26 (Post 18407970)
I did not close my Continental OnePass and with the merger, I now have two MileagePlus; my first statement did not close yet, so I don't know what will happen (I applied for the MileagePlus before the March merger, so I don't know if that will have any significance). I don't know about your situation since you've been switched to the MileagePlus program automatically.

I had a panic attack when I got an email from Chase saying my Continental card was being switched to a Mileage Plus. So I hopped onto United.com, and signed up for the 60k bonus one. It just showed up in the mail today!

Inside Chase it shows one Continental Card United and one United Card United. So they'll coexist till the universe explodes. I hope they take the ($0) balance from the new one if they merge them :)

Thanks to folks for the info on the $50 credit and the extra 5k. I'll give that a shot!

Peace,
Ryan

sthubbar Apr 19, 2012 5:24 pm

bombnthud & Flyertalk, thank you! :)

Applied, put into pending, called reconsideration line and the agent couldn't have been more friendly. He simply said, "Oh, I see you have two recent applications [BA offer]. Hmm, how about we just transfer $5K from your Sapphire preferred?" I just asked if there was another card he could take from and he said, sure just take the $5K from the Freedom card.

Job done.

BTW, I already have the United Mileage plus card as well as the United Business card. Both of these were CO cards that got converted to UA. The agent said nothing about not being eligible for the 65k offer, so I assume it's still on the table.

utl567 Apr 19, 2012 5:34 pm

For those of us who had the old MP Visa (canceled about 2 years ago), what do you think my odds are of getting this one to work?

Thanks

201power Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi all

Do you think this is a good chase UA offer?
Or I should wait more time? Because I just got freedom last month.
Also not sure to get UA or CSP for the next step..

whynotnow Apr 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal (Post 18419564)
Nice!! Did all the above exactly (although in the chrome browser), and it all came up! 65K + $50 credit. thanks!

Did you manage this without miles in the acoount or you also had miles

patriots68 Apr 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by utl567 (Post 18425875)
For those of us who had the old MP Visa (canceled about 2 years ago), what do you think my odds are of getting this one to work?

Thanks

my dad currently has a mp visa, he's had it for over 10 years and got it work without calling the reconsideration line. The rep actually told him to apply and see what happens but that he should get the bonus.

100countrygoal Apr 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by whynotnow (Post 18426096)
Did you manage this without miles in the acoount or you also had miles

I had miles in my MP account.

SPLP007 Apr 20, 2012 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18411866)
Glad the workaround worked for you.

This continues to work for me despite the old 60K offer or any UA card offer has since disappeared from my MP Home Page after getting the card exactly one week ago. The physical cards came today and activations were automatically directed to human reps who verified all the benefits and bonuses. One rep asked if an AU was needed. I decided to say no. I want to get a pre-approval of the match before adding it.

Now I used the above method to capture a screenshot for the 5K AU bonus - adding AU within 2 months still earn the 5K so I plan to do so and then ask for a match. Problem is I would need to do this in last week of May as we will be leaving for a month long trip 10 days from now and I dont want the AU cards arrive when we are not home.

Happy ref AU--- you do not need to order a card to get the 5k , yesterday I called Chase ( # on back of card )and told them to add my wife as a AU on the acct and no need for a card to be sent ( she is now "authorized" to ask about the acct etc ) the rep only wanted her name----per my request she told me --5k on my next statement

oneeye4u76 Apr 20, 2012 8:35 am

How long should it take for 1st purchase miles (50K) to show up in an account from this offer? A couple of days - weeks, does a billing cycle need to be completed, does Chase need to receive a payment? I'm approaching 3 weeks and no miles from this card.....

churnity Apr 20, 2012 9:28 am

Sent an SM for the 5k AU bonus earlier this week and got accepted today. This after requesting for the $50 statement credit two weeks prior. I got the same exact message as #242. I've had my Explorer since early Feb.

MarkMColo Apr 20, 2012 11:24 am

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76 (Post 18429193)
How long should it take for 1st purchase miles (50K) to show up in an account from this offer? A couple of days - weeks, does a billing cycle need to be completed, does Chase need to receive a payment? I'm approaching 3 weeks and no miles from this card.....

IME, a few days after first statement posts.

Happy Apr 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by oneeye4u76 (Post 18429193)

After statement close date during the cycle the condition is met. Have you passed your 1st statement date yet?

Payment has nothing to do with bonus posting. That is only an AMEX's own peculiar thing and only on their in-house AMEX cards that earn Membership Reward points.

The statement credit shows up earlier, usually a couple days after the condition is met.

Also note that Chase process bonus in batches. If your charge is too close to your statement date, i.e. only 3 or 4 days, the bonus may not show up until NEXT statement.