FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

birdboy Apr 13, 2012 2:35 pm

For people that got the retroactive $50 statement credit, which contact did you use?

Credit Card->Account inquiry
Credit Card->Rewards inquiry

Or something else? Assuming it matters.

sam_goh Apr 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by birdboy (Post 18388355)
For people that got the retroactive $50 statement credit, which contact did you use?

Credit Card->Account inquiry
Credit Card->Rewards inquiry

Or something else? Assuming it matters.

For the Ink Bold 60K bump I used rewards inquiry, for the $50 statement credit for this I used accounts inquiry. Yeah, yeah I know... consistency sucks :)

anders228 Apr 13, 2012 5:11 pm

I used Million Mile Secrets' template for sending a SM to Chase to get them to match the $50 statement credit. I also attached the screen shot that is on the first page of this thread. The drop down options I selected were Rewards Inquiry->Other Rewards Program Inquiry.

Chase's first response was that my request had been sent to the appropriate department for review and I would receive a response within 7 days. Ten hours later I got another message saying the request was approved and a $50 statement credit will be applied on my next statement.

sharka Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Any thoughts on how long everyone thinks the 60k sign on with $50 credit will last (or just the plain 60k sign on).

Just recently (ok, last week) able to convince my dad about doing some applications with Chase for the bonuses.

Heard the Ink Bold 50k is a Biz card and maybe shut down soon ??, but the United Explorer is a personal card but much easier to complete spend for bonus--so easier to convince dad on this one.
So, if United Explorer 60k will be around for a while longer (say at least 30-60days) then plan to apply for the Ink Bold 1st for dad and then wait at least 30 days (not sure what is the minimum wait time between Chase cards for approval for biz and personal) then apply for United card after 30-40days.

If both offers will expire soon and can only choose one, then I'll have dad just apply for the United Explorer card as its an easy spend for the bonus, and "hope" Ink Bold will still around 30+ days later. If not then at least he got in on one card but with an easier spend.

Any thoughts or advice?

TravelTexan Apr 14, 2012 8:03 am

Maybe end of May?

I say this only because I received a targeted brochure to apply and the deadline is May 31, 2012. But YMMV, someone else may receive a targeted offer with a different deadline. I hesitated to apply since I have four chase cards- the Freedom card recently approved, but I took a shot anyway thinking I could go the reconsideration route and move some credit from one of the other cards over and say that Chase had sent out a targeted offer for me to apply. I was approved though with a way higher credit limit than any of my other Chase cards, so my guess it that targeted offer was the key here (and good credit).

trajectory Apr 14, 2012 9:26 am

[deleted]

patriots68 Apr 14, 2012 10:42 am

Thank OP got my card yesterday and the rep confirmed 50k and $50 credit when I activated the card. Sad to see that it may no longer be there I've been trying to convince my Dad to do it.

compddd Apr 14, 2012 1:38 pm

I can't get the 60k link to show, anyone else?

michael_v Apr 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by TravelTexan (Post 18391554)
I was approved though with a way higher credit limit than any of my other Chase cards, so my guess it that targeted offer was the key here (and good credit).

That happened to me as well last December on the Priority Club Visa targeted offer -- I was approved instantly online with a larger than usual credit limit. Sorry for the OT.

dmattj Apr 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18393159)

Not sure what link you are using but the offer is still alive for the 60k (maybe not the $50 credit though). I see it every time I use Award Wallet to log in.

Happy Apr 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18393159)

Originally Posted by dmattj (Post 18394780)
Not sure what link you are using but the offer is still alive for the 60k (maybe not the $50 credit though). I see it every time I use Award Wallet to log in.

I no longer see ANY offer when I log in MP, but that probably is due to I just got the card.

However I still be able to see the 60K $50 offer using the method I described upthread. It is still there.

drbobguy Apr 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Just got the card today and I have to say it's a really cool design! Looks much nicer than in the photos.

Can't wait to get my 50k miles, I made my first purchase at Starbucks and was thinking in my head:

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks! Can I take your order?"

"Hello, I'd like a tall Pike Place coffee"

"Room for milk and sugar?"

"Yes please"

"That'll be $2.07. Would you like 50,000 United miles with that?"

"Sure, sounds great!"
I wish all purchases went like that. ;)

compddd Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18394812)
I no longer see ANY offer when I log in MP, but that probably is due to I just got the card.

However I still be able to see the 60K $50 offer using the method I described upthread. It is still there.

I tried your method about 10 times just now, won't work :( Always gives me the 40k offer. Any other suggestions?

shar101 Apr 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18395049)
I tried your method about 10 times just now, won't work :( Always gives me the 40k offer. Any other suggestions?

That is correct, I have also been trying and get the same 40K offer. Wondering how others are able to see the 50K offer.

Happy Apr 15, 2012 2:33 am

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18395049)

Originally Posted by shar101 (Post 18395268)
That is correct, I have also been trying and get the same 40K offer. Wondering how others are able to see the 50K offer.

I just tried again and it still showed up for me.

If I do not log in MP, I see the 40K with the link in first page.
After logged in, the link gives me MP benefits screen.
Close the browser of the MP benefits screen.
Click the link in first page again.
Voila, the 60K $50 showed up. Click Apply now, the pre-filled screen shows up.

Also, before I applied, I saw the old 60K on my MP home page after logged in, despite it did not always work when I clicked on it - sometimes it reverted back to 40K, sometimes it went to MP benefits. However I could always bring the old 60K back via the above steps.

Now I dont see any MP CC offer after I logged in.

But I can still get the 60K $50 come up using the above steps.

Do you even see the old 60K offer on your MP home page after you log in? If not, then I guess you are out of luck.

May be you need to first make your MP Home Page to give you at least the old 60K offer before you can see the 60K $50 offer from the link in first page.