FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

enssucak Apr 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 18404144)
interesting, the 2nd link now shows an up to 65K bonus.
50K bonus after first use and 5K bonus after first use and for adding an authorized user within 2 months of opening the acct. 10K after $25K spending.

60K + $50 statement credit still working too.

i already got a courtesy $50 credit by sending a secure message - but i might just get the 55K bonus for other family members! :)

brownie20, did you have miles in your account when you applied/were approved for your Explorer card?

Has anyone had any luck getting the 60k offer to show up, WITHOUT any miles in their MileagePlus accounts? Because I was able to access the landing page 3 weeks ago (on March 29th) despite having 0 miles in my MileagePlus account. But now I can't access it, only get the standard 40k one. I'm debating whether to transfer 1000 points from my Sapphire Ultimate Rewards, or just wait until the statement closes next week, and get my 3 miles and see if I can access the page. Thanks!

brownie20 Apr 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by enssucak (Post 18404550)
brownie20, did you have miles in your account when you applied/were approved for your Explorer card?

Has anyone had any luck getting the 60k offer to show up, WITHOUT any miles in their MileagePlus accounts? Because I was able to access the landing page 3 weeks ago (on March 29th) despite having 0 miles in my MileagePlus account. But now I can't access it, only get the standard 40k one. I'm debating whether to transfer 1000 points from my Sapphire Ultimate Rewards, or just wait until the statement closes next week, and get my 3 miles and see if I can access the page. Thanks!

you're absolutely right - i just tried the links with my friends newly opened united account and can't get either the 65K bonus or the 60K + 50 bonus. only the 40K bonus :(

dgoedken Apr 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by compddd (Post 18397140)
I think the problem is that I have 0 UA miles in my account (new UA account)

Not so sure about that...went thru the steps and still 40k....when i signed in, it realized I had the mileage plus card and only offered 10k after I spent $25K....

Though perhaps a different outlier case...

bombnthud Apr 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20 (Post 18404144)
interesting, the 2nd link now shows an up to 65K bonus.
50K bonus after first use and 5K bonus after first use and for adding an authorized user within 2 months of opening the acct. 10K after $25K spending.

60K + $50 statement credit still working too.

i already got a courtesy $50 credit by sending a secure message - but i might just get the 55K bonus for other family members! :)

Good find. I played around with the link, and it looks like you can now get the 50K bonus, with extra 5K bonus for authorized user, AND the $50 credit! I've updated the link in the OP. You still need to have some miles in your UA account. Looks like it's time to send Chase a SM.

highgear Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm

I've read through the thread and still can't find a clear answer to this.

I forgot to close my Continental One Pass Plus card before the switch was made to United Mileage Plus cards at Chase in March. It now shows up in my account as a Mileage Plus card. I have never had a Mileage Plus card before.

Has anyone in this situation recently (post merger) signed up for a Mileage Plus card with Chase and still gotten the bonus? Thanks! :D

melan26 Apr 17, 2012 2:43 am

I did not close my Continental OnePass and with the merger, I now have two MileagePlus; my first statement did not close yet, so I don't know what will happen (I applied for the MileagePlus before the March merger, so I don't know if that will have any significance). I don't know about your situation since you've been switched to the MileagePlus program automatically.

Originally Posted by highgear (Post 18406105)

I forgot to close my Continental One Pass Plus card before the switch was made to United Mileage Plus cards at Chase in March. It now shows up in my account as a Mileage Plus card. I have never had a Mileage Plus card before.

Has anyone in this situation recently (post merger) signed up for a Mileage Plus card with Chase and still gotten the bonus? Thanks! :D

jimmy1 Apr 17, 2012 5:43 am

when i applied a week ago, it had the 60k offer, not the additional 5k authorized user offer. do I have to call CHASE about the 5k miles and add a user for this?

Carter29072 Apr 17, 2012 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18408451)
when i applied a week ago, it had the 60k offer, not the additional 5k authorized user offer. do I have to call CHASE about the 5k miles and add a user for this?

I had the same question. I was able to secure message them a week ago and got the $50 statement credit but now that this offer has surfaced, i would like to add an additional user. Should I add him to my account and then request the miles or call/SM chase first? Also, another question-- my first statement closed last week but the miles have not showed up in my United account yet. How long does that usually take? Thanks!

CFFrost Apr 17, 2012 7:09 am

Got the $50 credit about a week ago. Sent an SM for the 5,000 mile bonus last night (I've had an AU since activation). Got the 7 day notice this morning (last time it was 3-5). We'll see . . .

jimmy1 Apr 17, 2012 7:24 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 18408781)
Got the $50 credit about a week ago. Sent an SM for the 5,000 mile bonus last night (I've had an AU since activation). Got the 7 day notice this morning (last time it was 3-5). We'll see . . .

mind telling us what you told them to get the 5k authorized user offer?

sample please?

lxjenkins Apr 17, 2012 7:38 am

Originally Posted by highgear (Post 18406105)

I'm in the same situation as you. Has anyone had any luck getting this card while holding a pre-merger Continental One Pass Plus card that's been switched to the Mileage Plus program?

jasondaub Apr 17, 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 18408781)

Care to share the message you sent? It is a long detailed message, or just a quick 1 line?

Thanks!

gavman Apr 17, 2012 9:44 am

If I do not log in MP, I see the 40K with the link in first page.
After logged in, the link gives me MP benefits screen.
Close the browser of the MP benefits screen.
Click the link in first page again.
Voila, the 60K $50 showed up. Click Apply now, the pre-filled screen shows up.

This worked for me, I have an existing United Visa Signiture. If it doesnt work, try closing browser, reopening and deleating cookies before doing the multiple log in above.

susiesan Apr 17, 2012 11:28 am

applied today, got approved

First I used the link in post #6 to see the 60K offer. I printed a screen shot and saved the offer as proof of it's existence. Then I logged into my UA account, only saw the offer for the 40K app, clicked on it. An application page came up with some of my info filled in. Under the card features column on the left was nothing about sign up bonus points. I printed the app page before sending. I got instant approval with a $5K temp credit limit.

When the card comes I will verify the 60K offer before activating it. I hope Chase is good about honoring their offers. I just went through a massive battle with AX to get the one day 75K MR points offer. it took me a month to get AX to admit they had such an offer and apply it to my card application.

toddlok Apr 17, 2012 11:31 am

Nice perk

Here we are, about to find for the 3rd consecutive year a Chase free flight certificate (buy 1, get 1) that I'm unable to use (unless I want to go something like DEN-COS).