FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

CFFrost Apr 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Got my Explorer Card in January before they added the $50 statement credit to the offer. Sent an SM last week and got the 3-5 day response. Got a response confirming I would be bumped to the offer with $50 credit and it will appear on this month's statement.

Thanks!

Panzerspitze Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Got the credit! Thanks OP!

bombnthud Apr 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by JDeux (Post 18363017)
Thank you, OP!
You have a beer/wine waiting for you in Colorado!:)
~approved after re-con (*many* open chase cards)

Nice, I may take you up on that one day :)

michael_v Apr 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Sorry, noob question: does the ticket need to be bought with this card in order to get free checked baggage, priority boarding, and so on or are these benefits linked to the frequent flyer number and purchase card does not matter?

garkman Apr 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 18369946)
Sorry, noob question: does the ticket need to be bought with this card in order to get free checked baggage, priority boarding, and so on or are these benefits linked to the frequent flyer number and purchase card does not matter?

Not so much a noob question as a not wanting to read through pages of posts I think...for checked bags you must purchase w/the card, for priority boarding it's linked to your FF#.

BonusLover Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 18369946)

Yes, that's what the T&C says. However, some people on this forum have reported they also got the baggage fee waiver even though they purchased their tickets using a different card.

bilah1 Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm

I did receive the $50.00 credit. Original message sent on the 4th received the general will fwd message to appropriate dept email back. Got a message this morning stating I will get a $50 credit on the next statement even though my statement closed last week I received the credit tonight. Applied for the card last month.

amolkold Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Got the card today, activated and confirmed 50K on first purchase and $50 statement credit after first purchase!

Now looking for the lowest dollar transaction I can make to get the most miles/$ in one transaction possible. :D

aap Apr 11, 2012 1:06 am

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 18370490)
Got the card today, activated and confirmed 50K on first purchase and $50 statement credit after first purchase!

Now looking for the lowest dollar transaction I can make to get the most miles/$ in one transaction possible. :D

I had to go to the grocery store and bought 75 cents worth of bananas on new United card. Voila, 50K United miles 3 weeks later.

amolkold Apr 11, 2012 1:11 am

Originally Posted by aap (Post 18371206)
I had to go to the grocery store and bought 75 cents worth of bananas on new United card. Voila, 50K United miles 3 weeks later.

But Chase Freedom is 5x at the grocery store ... that's missing out on 13.075 United miles! :D

MVF Trekker Apr 11, 2012 1:42 am

Has anyone received the sign up bonus on the United Mileage Explorer card after getting approved if they were previously CO One Pass or/and United Mileage Plus card holders. I cancelled my CO card last year before it converted and I still have a United Mileage Plus bronze card from many years ago.

sharka Apr 11, 2012 9:36 am

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker (Post 18371307)
Has anyone received the sign up bonus on the United Mileage Explorer card after getting approved if they were previously CO One Pass or/and United Mileage Plus card holders. I cancelled my CO card last year before it converted and I still have a United Mileage Plus bronze card from many years ago.

Yes, applied for the CO card with bonus, cancel card in Dec and applied for UA card just 2 weeks ago and approved. Also people who held the old United cards have reported getting approved for this new card.

sharka Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am

Shot down for the $50 bump. I sent a secure mail yesterday morning with attachment showing the new offer with the $50 statement credit.

Got 3 replies;
1) said message will be forwarded to proper dept for review.
2) message it's being reviewed and will reply within 4 hrs (that didn't happen) but received message just now (about 24hrs later)
3) Denied, as I had originally applied for the offer without the $50 credit.-- guess they are cracking down on this??

Oh well, gave it a try but didn't turn out for me.

CFFrost Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 18373164)
Shot down for the $50 bump. I sent a secure mail yesterday morning with attachment showing the new offer with the $50 statement credit.

Got 3 replies;
1) said message will be forwarded to proper dept for review.
2) message it's being reviewed and will reply within 4 hrs (that didn't happen) but received message just now (about 24hrs later)
3) Denied, as I had originally applied for the offer without the $50 credit.-- guess they are cracking down on this??

Oh well, gave it a try but didn't turn out for me.

When did you receive the card? General rule appears to be 90 days - if you're outside that window it wouldn't be expected that you get the bump.

sharka Apr 11, 2012 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 18374105)
When did you receive the card? General rule appears to be 90 days - if you're outside that window it wouldn't be expected that you get the bump.

Applied for card about 2.5 weeks ago and received and activated the card 3 days ago, SM to Chase yesterday for the bump. Reply today with a Denial for the bump.