FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

Happy Apr 3, 2012 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 18330932)
I tried PDF, JPEG, DOC, DOCX, PNG . . .

I usually am pretty good at technology, too. Go figure.

PDF or PNG should work.

I dont know about DOC or DOCX - because they require Microsoft's software which may or may not be installed in the system the Chase reps use.

However your issue is the Chase system would not even accept your attachment - that is quite strange considering nobody seems to have such issue except at work due to security blocking.

May be your own computers have security setting that is causing this type of errors.

jimmy1 Apr 3, 2012 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18330986)
PDF or PNG should work.

I dont know about DOC or DOCX - because they require Microsoft's software which may or may not be installed in the system the Chase reps use.

However your issue is the Chase system would not even accept your attachment - that is quite strange considering nobody seems to have such issue except at work due to security blocking.

May be your own computers have security setting that is causing this type of errors.

do you lose the united miles if i close the card when annual fee kicks in?

what is good with advantage mile is close the citi aadvantage card but keep the miles.

thanks for any answer

scwam Apr 3, 2012 11:31 pm

I think inititing this $50 statement credit pm voided out my club passes to arrive "after account opening." I'm positive I applied for the offer to initate club passes to arrive around 8 to 10 weeks after account opening and upon 1st anniversary. I checked the T&C at least 4 times before submitting my app details (and yes, I completely cleared my cache/cookies and reset modem that day as I did a 5 card apporama). Unfortunately I only made a screen print of the splash page and not the T&C's which doesn't indicate the club passes to arrive after account opening (just the " * " to refer to T&C's).

Also upon initating the card activation the rep even stated I would get them sometime when I'm gone in China around June. However, Today, all reps are telling me I never applied for such offer and I must wait for the anniversary. Coincidentally these rules seemed to have changed after pm'ing for the statement credit match.

Jerichohill Apr 4, 2012 6:56 am

The offer letter that was posted here early doesn't indicate the united club passes. I can't say I'm upset if that's the case though. I intend on only using my miles to fly internationally in biz and above, so thoes tickets will auto-grant lounge access, and flying 2 - 3 hours for US destinations, the lounge seems overkill (especially since DCA isn't gangbusters crazy)

metoo Apr 4, 2012 7:19 am

Asked for the extra $50 added to the Explorer card I applied and 3 days later, no reply through SM. Asked for the bump for extra 10k since I opened Chase Ink Bold several weeks ago, and got the denial SM....

Honoring within 90 days rule sure doesn't apply to me:(

mabramovich Apr 4, 2012 7:20 am

If anyone needs it, here's a screenshot of the T/Cs that say you should get your passes on account opening.

http://i.imgur.com/YKFaT.jpg

sun_aa Apr 4, 2012 7:53 am

Originally Posted by scwam (Post 18331071)
I think inititing this $50 statement credit pm voided out my club passes to arrive "after account opening." I'm positive I applied for the offer to initate club passes to arrive around 8 to 10 weeks after account opening and upon 1st anniversary. I checked the T&C at least 4 times before submitting my app details (and yes, I completely cleared my cache/cookies and reset modem that day as I did a 5 card apporama). Unfortunately I only made a screen print of the splash page and not the T&C's which doesn't indicate the club passes to arrive after account opening (just the " * " to refer to T&C's).

Also upon initating the card activation the rep even stated I would get them sometime when I'm gone in China around June. However, Today, all reps are telling me I never applied for such offer and I must wait for the anniversary. Coincidentally these rules seemed to have changed after pm'ing for the statement credit match.

You are being given wrong information. See the offer details here
https://www.theexplorercard.com/disc...ein_60k50.aspx

They mention that you receive 2 passes after opening and every anniversary thereafter.

The plain 50k offer has the same wording
https://www.theexplorercard.com/disc...urein_60k.aspx

jimmy1 Apr 4, 2012 8:02 am

got approved for this card but it is not showing in my CHASE online account.

normally you see approved cards online right away

akcae Apr 4, 2012 8:07 am

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18332829)
got approved for this card but it is not showing in my CHASE online account.

normally you see approved cards online right away

No, it takes 1-2 days after approval.

AggieTraveler Apr 4, 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by txrose86 (Post 18321211)
I sent a SM on Friday and was also told they'd get back to me in 3-5 days.

Just heard back:

Thank you for your recent inquiry on your MileagePlus Explorer credit card account.

As you requested, I have applied a $50.00 statement credit to your account. You will see this adjustment on your next billing statement.

CFFrost Apr 4, 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18330986)
PDF or PNG should work.

Yea, I only tried DOC / DOCX after everything else failed. Tried again this morning with a PDF (again) and once again got an error message, then as I began typing out my message to say "I attempted to attach . . . " rather than "I attached . . . " I tried one more time, and sure enough it worked. Go figure! Now I will just wait to find out what happens . . .

Thanks for all the help!

michael_v Apr 4, 2012 10:21 am

I applied for this card yesterday and got the "further review" page. I checked application status this morning using the automated phone system and it told me I was approved with a credit limit of $3,400. Before applying for this card I had 5 Chase credit cards: 1 business and 4 personal. HTH

Edit to add: I have never had to call Chase reconsideration line to move credit around, but it seems this card may be the last one for me to go through without reconsiderations.

CFFrost Apr 4, 2012 12:24 pm

Just got the 3-5 day message. We'll see what happens . . .

MarkMColo Apr 4, 2012 3:17 pm

After getting the 3-5 day message over the weekend, I just received confirmation that they will be posting the $50 credit. I was also able to do this for a $75 credit on the Hyatt card. Thanks FT community!

jimmy1 Apr 4, 2012 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 18333850)
I applied for this card yesterday and got the "further review" page. I checked application status this morning using the automated phone system and it told me I was approved with a credit limit of $3,400. Before applying for this card I had 5 Chase credit cards: 1 business and 4 personal. HTH

Edit to add: I have never had to call Chase reconsideration line to move credit around, but it seems this card may be the last one for me to go through without reconsiderations.

whats the chase automated line for app status?