FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

sam_goh Apr 6, 2012 6:01 pm

Hoping for good news here, sent SM for $50 SC yesterday and got the xferred/wait 8 days reply. Chase has been pretty good last couple days on bumps on other accounts so here's hoping I don't strike out on this one.

Love2FlyFree Apr 6, 2012 6:33 pm

Applies for the Chase United MileagePlus in Feb, Sent a Secured Message for the $50 statement few days ago and got a reply stating they would honor the $50 statement credit and it will post in about 6-8 weeks!^

AggieTraveler Apr 6, 2012 8:04 pm

My $50 statement credit already posted, before my statement close.

bombnthud Apr 8, 2012 9:44 pm

Data point: received and activated card on April 4, made $5 purchase on April 5, got $50 statement credit on April 8. Now waiting for my statement to close to get the 50K miles. Gotta love Chase.

Winner Apr 9, 2012 2:12 am

Explorer Application turns into MP Visa Signature App

I finally got to the 60K/$50 offer. After applying, I received the dreaded "We need to review your application to make a decision message." When Chase called me a week later they said they had no application for an Explorer card and they wondered why I was signing up for another MP Visa card since I already owned one. They said they had no record of me applying for the Explorer card but that I had applied for another MP Visa Signaure card. I explained I wanted the Explorer card with the 60K/$50 offer.

Has this happened to anybody else?

fiveyflyer Apr 9, 2012 10:35 am

Applied and approved on late Jan. 2012.
Sent $50 credit request on 4/5.
Received back $50 credit confirmation on 4/7.
Account activity shows $50 credit on 4/7. :D

Happy Apr 9, 2012 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Winner (Post 18358397)
I finally got to the 60K/$50 offer. After applying, I received the dreaded "We need to review your application to make a decision message." When Chase called me a week later they said they had no application for an Explorer card and they wondered why I was signing up for another MP Visa card since I already owned one. They said they had no record of me applying for the Explorer card but that I had applied for another MP Visa Signaure card. I explained I wanted the Explorer card with the 60K/$50 offer.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Have you taken a screen shot of your application page, also the message page?

The Explorer Card image is on both pages. That should serve as a proof you apply for the Explorer Card.

Does Chase give you an approval or denial decision yet?

gablaze23 Apr 9, 2012 12:40 pm

I got $100 statement credit :D

Requested the $50 some time 2 weeks ago.

After 2 business days of no response, I sent a follow up asking for the $50 credit. Got two separate $50 statement credits the following days.

Hope they don't notice!

Milezjunkie Apr 9, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 18361155)
I got $100 statement credit :D

Requested the $50 some time 2 weeks ago.

After 2 business days of no response, I sent a follow up asking for the $50 credit. Got two separate $50 statement credits the following days.

Hope they don't notice!

Nice. I have luck like that again. They haven't responded to me yet so I may have to send a follow up and see where my credit is.

mannnn Apr 9, 2012 5:59 pm

thanks op! i got approved for hte card!

JDeux Apr 9, 2012 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by bombnthud (Post 18357852)
Data point: received and activated card on April 4, made $5 purchase on April 5, got $50 statement credit on April 8. Now waiting for my statement to close to get the 50K miles. Gotta love Chase.

Thank you, OP!
You have a beer/wine waiting for you in Colorado!:)
~approved after re-con (*many* open chase cards)

Winner Apr 9, 2012 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18360320)
Have you taken a screen shot of your application page, also the message page?

The Explorer Card image is on both pages. That should serve as a proof you apply for the Explorer Card.

Does Chase give you an approval or denial decision yet?

I have the screen shots saved this time. Hven't heard from them yet but I am expcting a denial since they're taking so long.

SharonLPK Apr 10, 2012 6:13 am

Hi all, dumb question perhaps but here goes:

Soon-to-be-college-grad child doesn't currently have any non-store credit cards. Also has an upcoming flight reservation for self and companion. Getting this card would allow for no baggage fees...

I suspect that current income situation (minimum part-time job) could result in card application being rejected. But, is it worth a try?

Thanks in advance for your shared wisdom :)

Happy Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Winner (Post 18364210)
I have the screen shots saved this time. Hven't heard from them yet but I am expcting a denial since they're taking so long.

Have you sent them the SM attached the screenshot?

This happened with my husband last year on the CO OnePass card. We simply sent a SM with the attachment which in our case was the CO targeted email and the landing page. They manually processed the bonus, labeled as courtesy adjustment, showed up on the first statement cycle.

Happy Apr 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Applications put in Monday morning using the landing page in first page - hint, you must first log in your MP account before click the landing page link. If you got a screen describes the benefits, get out and close the browser. Re-click the link and the offer landing page would now show up correctly. Occasionally the server would conk out and give you error message - that happened on my application. Not to worry, just wait a few moments and try the landing page link again - all the while keep your MP account logged in.

We gave it overnight processing to let Chase system "verify" the info. Then called this morning separately as we know we max out our total credit lines among our 4 other Chase cards. Talked to an extremely nice female rep at Phoenix, AZ on mine and later a male rep at Delaware on his. Both reps asked a bit of questions on the area of employment status. Both were very friendly, very courteous and very helpful. The female rep said, the UA card has a minimum of $500 (non Signature version.) The male rep kept asking how much line we needed for the travel need as we told him the card was specifically for travel. We told them we would reallocate lines to give the minimum $5K for the Visa Signature. We took the lines from hotel cards instead of letting them take it from Freedom which we have for a long time and a fairly high credit line. We like to preserve a high credit line on an "aged" card.

The 50K after first purchase and $50 statement credit is verified.

FWIW, our last apps were Marriott on Dec 1, 2011 over 4 months ago.