FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

jimmy1 Apr 11, 2012 4:56 pm

it says in the welcome package that CAR RENTAL CDW is primary which is awesome cos i recently paid $20 for amex rental premium protection but the bad thing is there is FT fee and big fee after first year.

voice.lex Apr 11, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you for this awesome deal! I loved the 150k I got from AA last year and figured I go again this year. Not as many miles, but much easier to get!

Since it was easier, I recommended it to my pal but she has no miles in her United Acct (sad face), so she is getting the 40k offer. Any non-smartphone (quick) way of getting miles in her account? I don't even have the minimum of 2,000 miles to transfer to her ($30) to help out. I thought the min was 1k... but it won't let me do that.

Help please! We'd be super grateful.

kevinjrwagner Apr 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Will buying United GCs that I will use on later flights get me double miles? Anyone have any actual experience with this? The CSR rep assured me they would, but...I trust y'all more!

And once I cross the 25K spending threshold, will the bonus 10K miles be credited to my account on the first statement after making the spend? Any personal experience with that?

Promo_Jake Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

Does someone have a screenshot of the 60,000 miles offer? I did not take one and of course they only posted 25,000 miles after the first purchase. :mad:

Million Mile Secrets Apr 12, 2012 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Promo_Jake (Post 18379062)
Does someone have a screenshot of the 60,000 miles offer? I did not take one and of course they only posted 25,000 miles after the first purchase. :mad:

I have one on my blog, but if you still don't get your points, you may be able to get matched to the 60,000 mile offer plus the $50 statement credit.

Promo_Jake Apr 12, 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Million Mile Secrets (Post 18379320)
I have one on my blog, but if you still don't get your points, you may be able to get matched to the 60,000 mile offer plus the $50 statement credit.

what do you mean matched? By applying for an additional card?
I found this screenshot http://millionmilesecrets.com/wp-con...Mile-Offer.jpg
do you have one posted that does not have your bubble on it?

bombnthud Apr 12, 2012 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Promo_Jake (Post 18379347)

There's a screenshot on the first page of this thread.

TorontoSingh Apr 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by voice.lex (Post 18376808)
Thank you for this awesome deal! I loved the 150k I got from AA last year and figured I go again this year. Not as many miles, but much easier to get!

Since it was easier, I recommended it to my pal but she has no miles in her United Acct (sad face), so she is getting the 40k offer. Any non-smartphone (quick) way of getting miles in her account? I don't even have the minimum of 2,000 miles to transfer to her ($30) to help out. I thought the min was 1k... but it won't let me do that.

Help please! We'd be super grateful.

You could download the UA toolbar for their shopping mall and every 3 searches yield 1 mile, that's all you need to get the 60K offer. The other option is if she has miles with other Airlines, use points.com and convert say AA miles into UA miles at no fee with a small conversion like 5 miles of 1 airline = 1 United mile.

PS I did it when there was a CO option and convert the miles into UA miles, so you got to lookup if UA participates in points.com program.

Million Mile Secrets Apr 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Promo_Jake (Post 18379347)

By matched, I mean sending a secure message to Chase letting them know that there is a better offer of 60,000 points and a $50 credit and would they be so kind to match you to the better offer since you just got your card?

drminn Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Requested the $50 statement credit this morning, I just got a message that they would be crediting it to my account - so far I am very impressed with Chase customer service.

amolkold Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by drminn (Post 18382026)
Requested the $50 statement credit this morning, I just got a message that they would be crediting it to my account - so far I am very impressed with Chase customer service.

Agreed ... I've been with Citi for 4 years, Chase for 1 year. I've had a much better experience with Chase. Even paying annual fees to keep a good relationship with them.

Red '74 TR6 Apr 12, 2012 7:50 pm

I followed the "double click" method on the Landing Page and got the 60k offer after first just getting the plain vanilla 40k offer. After applying it took me all of two minutes to get an approval. Yay. Thanks all! I already love my Sapphire card but it's coming up for first renewal so probably will cancel it..

ilovskins12 Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

Originally Posted by RK7 (Post 18383477)
I followed the "double click" method on the Landing Page and got the 60k offer after first just getting the plain vanilla 40k offer. After applying it took me all of two minutes to get an approval. Yay. Thanks all! I already love my Sapphire card but it's coming up for first renewal so probably will cancel it..

What is the double click method. I've searched the thread but can't find anything. I'm trying to help a friend get the offer (who has about 20k miles in his account) but he keeps getting the 40k offer. Thanks to anyone who can help.

droopy57 Apr 13, 2012 12:58 pm

I was looking through some old junkmail and united was offering 50k plus 5000 miles every 1 yr anniversary. Does the 60k + $50 offer include the 5000 miles every year?

Happy Apr 13, 2012 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by droopy57 (Post 18387762)
I was looking through some old junkmail and united was offering 50k plus 5000 miles every 1 yr anniversary. Does the 60k + $50 offer include the 5000 miles every year?

No, instead it has 2 United Club passes.