FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

susiesan Apr 17, 2012 11:45 am

Originally Posted by gavman (Post 18409680)
If I do not log in MP, I see the 40K with the link in first page.
After logged in, the link gives me MP benefits screen.
Close the browser of the MP benefits screen.
Click the link in first page again.
Voila, the 60K $50 showed up. Click Apply now, the pre-filled screen shows up.

This worked for me, I have an existing United Visa Signiture. If it doesnt work, try closing browser, reopening and deleating cookies before doing the multiple log in above.

I don't know how you were able to do this. I followed all your steps and still only get the 40K offer from my UA MP account. As I have proof of the 60K offer, I hope it will be applied to my new card without a fight.

PETERPNYC Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 18374261)
Applied for card about 2.5 weeks ago and received and activated the card 3 days ago, SM to Chase yesterday for the bump. Reply today with a Denial for the bump.

Try another SM to general inquiries. Also social media tweets seem to embarrass
Large company's into saying yes .

Print out if you get a positive reply to tweet and re SM

Never give up till all means exhausted ;)

PETERPNYC Apr 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jasondaub (Post 18409261)
Care to share the message you sent? It is a long detailed message, or just a quick 1 line?

Thanks!

I am in same situation

TorontoSingh Apr 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 18410514)
Try another SM to general inquiries. Also social media tweets seem to embarrass
Large company's into saying yes .

Print out if you get a positive reply to tweet and re SM

Never give up till all means exhausted ;)

Sharka, did you enclose the screenshot for the better offer? That usually helps to improve your chance in getting matched.

CFFrost Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18408861)
mind telling us what you told them to get the 5k authorized user offer?

sample please?

I haven't gotten the 5,000 yet. I sent an SM requesting it yesterday and got the wait seven days response today. If it works out for the best, I will share!

starbucksisgood1 Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm

can someone post screenshots of the 65K offer,
a detailed shot of the 5K bonus with authorized user would be ideal!

edit: Nm guys got it from the landing page.
thanks!

bilah1 Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm

After having received the $50 statement credit I sent a request for the other 5k having added my mom as a joint cardholder a couple months ago and suprisingly Chase sent me a message "as you have requested we are adding 20,000 enrollement miles to match the 65,000 enrollment bonus. Not sure where the other 3 authorized users came from but I'll take it. Supposed to post on the next billing statement.

CFFrost Apr 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by bilah1 (Post 18411438)
After having received the $50 statement credit I sent a request for the other 5k having added my mom as a joint cardholder a couple months ago and suprisingly Chase sent me a message "as you have requested we are adding 20,000 enrollement miles to match the 65,000 enrollment bonus. Not sure where the other 3 authorized users came from but I'll take it. Supposed to post on the next billing statement.

Did they do this immediately or make you wait a few days? Where did you send the request? Last time I got 3-5 day wait (to get the $50 credit) and this time I got 7 day wait. Both times I sent the message to rewards inquiry.

Happy Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by bilah1 (Post 18411438)

I believe the rep was confused and mistook your card being the 40K card. When they are dealing many requests for many types, it is not a surprise confusions come about occasionally. Count your luck stars the confusion is in your big favor and enjoy the bonus. It should show up in the upcoming statement.

On a CO card (we since closed it last Dec) we requested some match and wound up getting 35K courtesy adjustment, posted together with the original 50K offer on the same statement when we earned the 50K. ;)

Happy Apr 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by gavman (Post 18409680)
If I do not log in MP, I see the 40K with the link in first page.
After logged in, the link gives me MP benefits screen.
Close the browser of the MP benefits screen.
Click the link in first page again.
Voila, the 60K $50 showed up. Click Apply now, the pre-filled screen shows up.

This worked for me, I have an existing United Visa Signiture. If it doesnt work, try closing browser, reopening and deleating cookies before doing the multiple log in above.

Glad the workaround worked for you.

This continues to work for me despite the old 60K offer or any UA card offer has since disappeared from my MP Home Page after getting the card exactly one week ago. The physical cards came today and activations were automatically directed to human reps who verified all the benefits and bonuses. One rep asked if an AU was needed. I decided to say no. I want to get a pre-approval of the match before adding it.

Now I used the above method to capture a screenshot for the 5K AU bonus - adding AU within 2 months still earn the 5K so I plan to do so and then ask for a match. Problem is I would need to do this in last week of May as we will be leaving for a month long trip 10 days from now and I dont want the AU cards arrive when we are not home.

jimmy1 Apr 17, 2012 4:23 pm

i think its better to add FAKE RANDOM NAME as AUTHORIZED USER then real people you know.
specially not good to add your relatives or family member if they don’t really need it and you are canceling the card when annual fee is due and not keeping it for long time.
what say?

Happy Apr 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18412228)
i think its better to add FAKE RANDOM NAME as AUTHORIZED USER then real people you know.
specially not good to add your relatives or family member if they don’t really need it and you are canceling the card when annual fee is due and not keeping it for long time.
what say?

You do not need to give the physical cards to your relatives and family members. The AU card is sent to your address. You have full control in how to dispose the cards such as cut it immediately after you activate it.

As for fake person's name, well, it is your call. No comment here.

Ducati Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jimmy1 (Post 18412228)
what say?

Does chase ask for an SSN or other identifying information for the extra card? If not, it doesn't matter what name is used. Use the name of your dog or cat.

psfcfa Apr 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Dumb question...has anyone gotten the 50k for first purchase yet? If so, when and how long did it take? I got the $50 credit right away...but no miles yet!

garkman Apr 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by psfcfa (Post 18419173)
Dumb question...has anyone gotten the 50k for first purchase yet? If so, when and how long did it take? I got the $50 credit right away...but no miles yet!

Yes, everyone gets the 50k for first purchase. Mine posted to UA the same day I received my first bill in the mail (perhaps a coincidence on timing, but should be within a few days +/-).