FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

FlyingBoat Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm

LOL, I couldn't get the 60+5 to show up, so just applied for the 60. Then went to do my wife's and the 65K worked right away. Though hers is subject to approval and mine had immediate approval.

webazoid Apr 25, 2012 1:17 am

Just booked an international trip using 32,500 united milies and chase sapphire card thinking it'd get double points in the $20 tax that I had to pay. If I used MP explorer card instead, what additional benefit would it be? WOuld I get an extra bag free? I think one bag is free for all international flight regardless of credit card used. thanks.

dshargorodsky Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by webazoid (Post 18456656)
Just booked an international trip using 32,500 united milies and chase sapphire card thinking it'd get double points in the $20 tax that I had to pay. If I used MP explorer card instead, what additional benefit would it be? WOuld I get an extra bag free? I think one bag is free for all international flight regardless of credit card used. thanks.

The credit card gives you free checked bags if it's linked to your MileagePlus account.

Happy Apr 25, 2012 8:57 am

When the $50 statement credit shows up if applied with the $50 link?

A question to those who applied thru the link with $50 statement credit:

When did you see your credit? a few days after charge or after statement close?

The statement credit is a sign to me that a former CO/UA card holder would definitely get the new Explorer bonus based on history when card with statement credit + bonus, if the credit not posting, the bonus also wouldn't.

Husband's card has a short 1st statement cycle and Chase took 3 days to post the 1st charge. A charge on 4/19 Thur did not post until 4/22 Sun. Statement closes today 4/25. No statement credit yet. I am a bit worried that he might not get the bonus despite during activation the rep went over all the details of the offer without us asking a word.

UPDATE:

$50 credit showed up online in the Activity mid-day on 25th but not reflected in the balance. Statement closed after midnight. $50 credit is included in the balance and 50K bonus is on the statement. Of course the miles are not in UA account yet. Probably would be there by next week if he is lucky given the mess UA/CO system is in now.

Huck Apr 25, 2012 9:56 am

UA Club Passes?

I'm assuming that these are indeed passes & not tied to the carrier one may be flying that day.... anybody know for sure if this is the case?

jimmy1 Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

when do we get the lounge passes? and how long do i have to use it if i get it in the mail?

i received the $50 statement credit and waiting for my 50k bonus united miles.

drminn Apr 25, 2012 8:16 pm

I just managed to get the double bump - first asked for the $50 statement credit, which posted after ab couple of days, and then a few days later asked for the 5K additional miles which they say will post after my next statement. It was all done through secure message system.

ryandelmundo Apr 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by drminn (Post 18462162)
I just managed to get the double bump - first asked for the $50 statement credit, which posted after ab couple of days, and then a few days later asked for the 5K additional miles which they say will post after my next statement. It was all done through secure message system.

I went thru the secure system and got a "your message has been forwarded to our customer" something line. It's been a few days and no response. Is this the same as yours?

sam_goh Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo (Post 18462876)
I went thru the secure system and got a "your message has been forwarded to our customer" something line. It's been a few days and no response. Is this the same as yours?

Double bump took 2-3 days for each "message has been forwarded" here.

anders228 Apr 26, 2012 4:29 am

I opened my MileagePlus account in February and I have not received the club passes yet (6-8 weeks).

However, I was able to get a club pass another way. I am flying an international trip on United (with miles of course) and have a long layover in LHR. I called the number on the back of my Mileage Plus Explorer card and asked them if they could expedite the club passes since (at the time of the call) I was flying in two days. The CSR put me on hold for a few minutes and when he returned, he said I can charge the one use club fee on my card and they would reimburse the fee.

This is definitely YMMV and it probably requires a phone call. I would not expect them to do this automatically or call them after the fact asking for a reimbursement. I am also hoping that this will be in addition to the two club passes they will eventually send me in the mail. Keep in mind I've been given permission to do this, but I have not completed the transaction nor the reimbursement yet.

I hope this helps someone as the FT community has helped me a lot in the last year. FYI I will be on the plane in less than 24 hours so I will probably not be able to respond to any questions in the near future. Cheers.

gwar69 Apr 26, 2012 7:46 am

So the OP says that you must be logged in and your account must have miles. I have miles, and when I follow the link everything is fine. However, my brother does not have a MileagePlus account. Do you really need miles for the offer? (I can't test, since it works fine for me) What is the cheapest and quickest way to do this? I see I can transfer him 2,000 miles for $30. Is there a cheaper method that is still fast? The trip we're taking isn't until December, so I guess there is still time. He could sign up for the dining program, but is anything else quicker?

bballintom22 Apr 26, 2012 8:54 am

Originally Posted by gwar69 (Post 18464324)
So the OP says that you must be logged in and your account must have miles. I have miles, and when I follow the link everything is fine. However, my brother does not have a MileagePlus account. Do you really need miles for the offer? (I can't test, since it works fine for me) What is the cheapest and quickest way to do this? I see I can transfer him 2,000 miles for $30. Is there a cheaper method that is still fast? The trip we're taking isn't until December, so I guess there is still time. He could sign up for the dining program, but is anything else quicker?

I was helping my uncle with the same situation (didn't have United FF account, no miles) but i was able to get him miles for free by checking in to the our nearest airpoint that is eligible for United miles after you check-in. See here for more info: http://mileageplus.topguest.com/

The 50 miles was posted to his account in 3 days. The other way is to download the UA shopping toolbar...search this forum or google for info on that.

Hope that helps.

ejh25 Apr 26, 2012 9:13 am

Originally Posted by gwar69 (Post 18464324)

Yes, you really do need a mileage balance to see the 65K offer (e.g. I don't have any UA miles and cannot see the offer but my wife who has a balance of ~8K UA miles can see the offer).

I am in the same shoes as your brother. I just signed up for Mileage Plus dining and also made a purchase that I needed through the UA shopping mall. If you have absolutely no need to make an online purchase, the cheapest thing for you to do is order a pack of gum from Walmart through the UA shopping mall. Should be ~$2 including taxes and shipping.

js80 Apr 26, 2012 10:07 am

Interesting data point for those looking to bump:

I initially signed up for the 50+10 offer a few weeks ago. Sent an SM asking to be bumped to the 50+10+5 plus $50 credit. Received the $50 a few days letter and a reply message that I would be deposited the extra 5k for an additional card user. The interesting part is it sounds like they will be depositing the 5k even though I haven't actually added the additional user yet. Here's their language:

"As you requested we have added 5,000 authorized user
enrollment miles to your account for the authorized user
you will be adding. You will see this adjustment on your
next billing statement. "

I had fully intended to actually add another user, but now I'll wait and see if the miles post without, and avoid that extra step.

glocklt4 Apr 26, 2012 10:57 am

Got 4 different accounts upgraded to 65k +$50 credit deal. Woot!