FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

ejh25 May 4, 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by GGE (Post 18509620)
Free is cheaper.

I signed up for points.com and registered my BestBuy reward zone acccount there, as well as my brand new zero balance United MileagePlus account. Then I swapped 48 Best Buy points (gotten entirely for free by taking audience rewards quizzes at 2 pts per correct answer) for 13 united miles. The process took like 3 days, but BAM yesterday the 65K offer showed up for me as soon as the transfer completed.

You can just transfer like 10 miles from another FF program into mileage plus via points.com, even. Of course it won't be 1:1 but still.. gets you enough points to get the offer.

Great point. This is the best way to do it for those without a UA mileage balance.

flyfaraway May 5, 2012 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by GGE (Post 18509647)
Sorry if this has already been posted earlier in this thread, but I didn't notice it -

The offer (now) includes the following language:

"If your account is not open for at least six months, United and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus miles from your MileagePlus Program account."

This language is only listed on the 5K AU offer.

avsfan733 May 6, 2012 12:02 am

I finally got around to taking advantage of this tonight. I have found that the website is down for me, in multiple browsers. However when looking on the UA website I only see the 40k offer both when logged in and when logged out, and through multiple browsers on multiple computers. I am confused! Thoughts? is the application site down for others?

100countrygoal May 6, 2012 6:28 pm

Very Happy

Card came today (applied on April 19) and rep confirmed (without me asking) I am eligible for 50K + 5K + 10K promotion. I am especially happy because I was thinking that there was a spend requirement for this card, but now I realize I am just required to make a first purchase. Very happy here!

flyer4512 May 6, 2012 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by mrnik2007 (Post 18491412)
3 Weeks ago, I applied for and got approved for this card.

10 days ago, I had the $50 statement credit applied, and I got a letter stating that they upgraded my offer to the 50k points.

3 days ago, I got another letter stating that I wont get any points because I had a United card last year (Regular United Visa).

So far, no points have posted to my account.

Anyone else have this happen? Suggestions on what to do?

Not even a reply to this post ? I wonder if you rocked the boat by asking for the 50K as I believe most people here have had a UA card before. I believe my last UA card was cancelled 4 months ago and i already recieved the $50 statement credit and the CSR confirmed my signup bonus of 55K miles

Sb232313 May 6, 2012 9:23 pm

club passes

i was wondering how long it has taken for people to receive the club passes. I was approved in mid-februrary and have not received mine, though the explorer benefit guide that was sent in the mail some time last week does say 8-12 weeks after sign up and after each renewal to receive the passes. thanks in advance.

benlucanada May 6, 2012 10:36 pm

i got mine after 6 weeks, they offered me 4 passes, nice!

Originally Posted by Sb232313 (Post 18526492)
i was wondering how long it has taken for people to receive the club passes. I was approved in mid-februrary and have not received mine, though the explorer benefit guide that was sent in the mail some time last week does say 8-12 weeks after sign up and after each renewal to receive the passes. thanks in advance.

bitachu May 7, 2012 3:12 am

so applied on friday(5/4)....no instant approval...

called in(reconsideration line)..they said earliest I can check is monday....

so I checked my account sunday night(5/6) and it looks like it was approved...for 6.5k..which i think is more then enough

i haven't spoken to anyone since my friday call and i'm hoping to receive the approval email sometime soon..

I did have the continental card inwhich I cancelled in feb..hopefully i get my bonuses

Filler03 May 7, 2012 1:58 pm

United Club Passes

benlucanada how did you get the 4 passes? Did 4 just arrive in the mail or did you ask for them in leu of the $50 statement credit or something?

benlucanada May 7, 2012 5:03 pm

no idea, just received in mail, i guess Chase treats me great as i took all their great offers. lol

Originally Posted by Filler03 (Post 18530449)
benlucanada how did you get the 4 passes? Did 4 just arrive in the mail or did you ask for them in leu of the $50 statement credit or something?

Filler03 May 7, 2012 5:57 pm

Any other reports on how long it took to receive the United Club passes after receiving your card?

moon4fun May 8, 2012 7:00 am

club pass - data

Three people apply credit card....

Data apply credit Date received club pass Expire date on club pass
1/10/12 (2 pass) 4/10/12 11/30/2013
1/27/12 Still waiting...
2/15/12 (2 pass) 5/7/12 6/30/2013

milesnow May 8, 2012 11:25 am

Good offer. Just closed my United Mileage Plus account after 2 years because I didn't spend enough to offset the annual fee. It's too bad that you can only obtain/maintain United miles via these cards.

JaguarBest May 8, 2012 1:24 pm

This is the letter I sent. Yes with Spelling Mistakes :p

Der Sir/Madam
I had applied for a United Mileage Plus Chase visa about
45 days ago and got approved, but unfortunately right
after I applied came up with a better offer of 65K Miles
and a $50.00 Statement Credit.

Being a long time chase customer and a valuable one at
that, I would greatly appreciate if you can match the
latest offer.

This is the Answer I got today

Thank you for your recent inquiry on your United
MileagePlus Explorer credit card account.

We have applied a $50.00 statement credit and 5,000 bonus
miles to your account. You will see these adjustments on
your next billing statement. Please be aware you can earn
the remaining 10,000 bonus miles if you spend $25,000 in
purchases in any calendar year (January through December).
This will then give you a total of 65,000 miles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

lucent23 May 8, 2012 3:40 pm

My wife applied under the 40K offer. I had her send a secure message saying there was a better offer out there and if they could match the offer. They sent a message back saying there would be an extra 25K on her next statement as well as a $50 statement credit and they would add 5K for adding an AU.