FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1330475-limited-availability-ua-mp-explorer-up-55k-possible-50-stmt-credit.html)

gavman Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

I called the Chase app status number (800-432-3117) and was told that i would recieve a reply on my application in 2 weeks. This sounds badish. Should I proactively call the reconsideration line and ask to have credit lines moved or just sit on my hands?

garkman Apr 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by gavman (Post 18431465)
I called the Chase app status number (800-432-3117) and was told that i would recieve a reply on my application in 2 weeks. This sounds badish. Should I proactively call the reconsideration line and ask to have credit lines moved or just sit on my hands?

I'd call now. Otherwise you'll probably get a denial letter w/reason in the mail and have to call to try to fix it anyway. Might as well be proactive, some reps are more helpful than others.

gavman Apr 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Called, had a little chat, approved. Now just have to figure how to do the spend and the kids are going to DisneyLand. Thanks, FT.

flyer4512 Apr 20, 2012 2:56 pm

I applied for the 50K offer and was approved, then I read this thread and appliead again ( 3 minutes later) for the 65K card with the $50 statement credit.

I got a wait for approval the 2nd card but today got approval emails for 2 diffferent account #'s

I intend on asking about the signup bonus when I activate both cards, I wonder if I could end up with 100K in first use bonuses

starbucksisgood1 Apr 20, 2012 3:22 pm

sent in secured message for the extra 5K for additional user.
opened my account in Feb.
success!

"Thank you for contacting Chase about your United
MileagePlus credit card account and enrollment bonus.

As you requested we have added 5,000 enrollment miles to
your account. You will see this adjustment on your next
billing statement.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Email Customer Service Representative"

PETERPNYC Apr 21, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 18431757)
I applied for the 50K offer and was approved, then I read this thread and appliead again ( 3 minutes later) for the 65K card with the $50 statement credit.

I got a wait for approval the 2nd card but today got approval emails for 2 diffferent account #'s

I intend on asking about the signup bonus when I activate both cards, I wonder if I could end up with 100K in first use bonuses

Yes . People have gotten 2 cards of the same type ,both accidentally and intentionally .

If you are lucky enough to get 2 of the same card you might get 2 UA accounts that you will have to merge , YMMV but you can always say how you wound up with 2 by accident cards if challenged , so I would try for double dip.

After getting points posted you might want to cancel one 90 days later ,and give the CL to your
Next Chase application

Lucky you :cool:

flyer4512 Apr 21, 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 18435409)
Yes . People have gotten 2 cards of the same type ,both accidentally and intentionally .

If you are lucky enough to get 2 of the same card you might get 2 UA accounts that you will have to merge , YMMV but you can always say how you wound up with 2 by accident cards if challenged , so I would try for double dip.

After getting points posted you might want to cancel one 90 days later ,and give the CL to your
Next Chase application

Lucky you :cool:

I filled out both apps with the same united number so we'll see if they create me a new account.

I guess I don't have anything to lose unless they deny me the bonus on both cards which I doubt will happen as I haven't had a United card since the merger, last one was probably 2 years ago

yoshapman Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Applied for 30K 2 months ago, have now gotten matched 3 separate times through Chase secure messages for 50K/60K, then 50K/60K + $50 statement, then 55K/65K + $50 statement. Love it!

PETERPNYC Apr 22, 2012 4:03 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman (Post 18437550)
Applied for 30K 2 months ago, have now gotten matched 3 separate times through Chase secure messages for 50K/60K, then 50K/60K + $50 statement, then 55K/65K + $50 statement. Love it!

When you say 55 K I assume you mean with AU . Correct ? Bravo !

udaykiran82 Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

yoshman,
what was the message you had sent as you had 3 matches which is pretty awesome..

Originally Posted by yoshapman (Post 18437550)

udaykiran82 Apr 22, 2012 7:45 am

How many days will it take for ultimate rewards transfer to united take..as i did it on friday and haven't seen them yet...

allanfan Apr 22, 2012 9:16 am

Originally Posted by udaykiran82 (Post 18439560)
How many days will it take for ultimate rewards transfer to united take..as i did it on friday and haven't seen them yet...

Normally it's instant.

udaykiran82 Apr 22, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks allanfan..let me check with chase..

inkaytown Apr 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Wish they had the same offer on a business credit card. All I see is the regular 40K miles offer and no annual fee for 1st year.

JohnnyT Apr 23, 2012 10:33 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyT (Post 18326808)
(referring to existing MP members not being applicable for the bonus miles)Honestly I didn't know about this when I applied but apparently the terms and conditions say “Previous and existing United Airlines cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.”

So at this point I'm banking on them not enforcing this, although I'm fairly sure I'll get the bonus based on the feedback I got from 2 employees at Chase(got the 50k confirmed both when I called the reconsideration line and when I called to activate the card). I'll let y'all know when I see the miles post or find anything out.

It does sound like they are starting to crack down on this offer though based on some recent posts...

Hey just wanted to update y'all that my 50k bonus miles just posted! I might've slipped through the cracks so i still call it a YMMV situation but it worked for me - now to book hawaii flights!! I also think i'll try to get chase to match the 5k for adding my gf as a cardholder...