Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Today, 50,000 = $500 in gift cards. Subject out the fee and you still net over $400 in gift cards.
Bolding mine.

Originally Posted by jonny1
actually u got only $430 becos u lost $69 annual fee or canceling and piss off chase?
That's what I said.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by onlybeef42
Are you able to apply for Business and Personal at the same time or do you need to wait 90 days between applications?
Same time. It will be two credit pulls.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:27 pm

Has anyone tried to apply for 2 business cards and received the 50k bonus for each card?

I have 2 separate businesses that are in need of new credit cards and was wondering if I could get the bonus twice. Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
datapoint: personal and business bonuses count for CP

One more datapoint that further confirms what has already been reported.

Family member applied for personal and business cards in Nov, 2011. Personal card was approved instantly, but business required a phone call. Activated and made first purchase on both cards on Jan 1, 2012. Statements closed Jan 13 and Jan 14 (yesterday and today). Just logged onto Rapid Rewards account and both 50K bonuses have already posted, and count towards CP.

Looks like my family will be flying WN a lot these next two years!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I have received a special offer that has the $99 fee, however it looks like the offer here has a $69 fee, is there an extra benefit in mine?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I have received a special offer that has the $99 fee, however it looks like the offer here has a $69 fee, is there an extra benefit in mine?
How many points do you get on the cardmember anniversary? IIRC the $99 offers gave 6,000 points (worth $100 in WGA fares) whereas the $69 offers gave (3,000) points (worth $50 in WGA fares)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by via amtrak
How many points do you get on the cardmember anniversary? IIRC the $99 offers gave 6,000 points (worth $100 in WGA fares) whereas the $69 offers gave (3,000) points (worth $50 in WGA fares)
Yes, I noticed that difference, is there anything else?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Yes, I noticed that difference, is there anything else?
I too was wondering about the $99 application benefits.

Other than the fee and bonus, the only other difference I can find is that the $99 application has a 1% higher APR.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by onlybeef42
I too was wondering about the $99 application benefits.

Other than the fee and bonus, the only other difference I can find is that the $99 application has a 1% higher APR.
The other major difference is the Premier card ($99 fee) can earn Tier Qualifying Points (for A-list and A-list preferred) while the Plus card ($69) cannot. This difference is largely irrelevant for infrequent WN fliers, and it requires a large amount of spend for a limited return (1,500TQP/$10k spend, max 15,000TQPs).

For those who don't plan on keeping the card long-term, the Plus card is your best bet. If you plan on keeping the card, the Premier version is better given its higher anniversary bonus.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
just wonder is there a minimun period that we have to keep this card in order to keep the points. if I end up not using this card much and want to cancel it within a few months, will they take back the points and also will they refund partial yearly fee just curious. Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
just wonder is there a minimun period that we have to keep this card in order to keep the points. if I end up not using this card much and want to cancel it within a few months, will they take back the points and also will they refund partial yearly fee just curious. Thanks.
Some Chase apps. state you must keep the card for 6 months or they "could" claw back the points/miles. Why would you want to cancel before the next annual fee comes due? I keep mine for about 11 months and then cancel.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Business cards that don't receive instant approval warrant a call to the reconsideration line. However be prepared to answer questions about your business, such as:
- what do you do
- profit and revenue in 2010 and 2011
- how many employees
- etc
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Some Chase apps. state you must keep the card for 6 months or they "could" claw back the points/miles. Why would you want to cancel before the next annual fee comes due? I keep mine for about 11 months and then cancel.
It sounds like he is interested in a partial refund of the annual fee. But I really don't think it's worth whatever $30 refund you might get back in exchange for a potential clawback or points or blacklist. Also, we're already getting $800 some out of this so in the scheme of things it's just not worth it, in my opinion.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by JeffISU
Business cards that don't receive instant approval warrant a call to the reconsideration line. However be prepared to answer questions about your business, such as:
- what do you do
- profit and revenue in 2010 and 2011
- how many employees
- etc
Had the same experience, but I honestly answered: no employees, like $200 in revenue etc, and they approved it. No need to exaggerate.

Also of note I live in CA, chase personal pulls experian but biz pulled equifax (only after calling the recon line).
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by capitolm94
Had the same experience, but I honestly answered: no employees, like $200 in revenue etc, and they approved it. No need to exaggerate.

Also of note I live in CA, chase personal pulls experian but biz pulled equifax (only after calling the recon line).
I received "Decision Pending" on my business card application. Should I now call the reconsideration line or wait for official rejection? If I do end up needing to call, what is the reconsideration line's number?

[EDIT] I went ahead called the business lending department at 1-800-453-9719 and was approved. Agent stated initial rejection was due to two applications at same time.

Last edited by onlybeef42; Jan 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.