Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 2:34 pm

THANK YOU flyertalk

edit.

Last edited by annhedonia; Aug 9, 2014 at 10:33 am
Old May 22, 2014, 2:35 pm

Alright, I want to apply for the Ink card for my wife, but also want to get her a CSP. She's a stay at home mom, that is a certified teacher so she tutors 4 days a week and makes about $10k a year for her "business".

Is it OK to apply for both the Ink and CSP at the same time? or should I wait a couple of days in between? If it's okay to apply for both, which one should I apply for first?

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2014, 2:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by blitzen
Denied credit is very probably different from not being approved for a credit card. Think they talk about mortgage, line of credit, ....
If you were not approved by Chase for a cc, then you were denied credit. same same
Old May 23, 2014, 7:59 am

So I applied for the Ink Bold and got a letter saying they couldn't verify business info. I used my social as m EIN number. I called business recon and they said that I have to register my business with the state so they can verify it even if I'm sole proprietor.

I was under the impression most people where just using their social and it was going through? I don't really want to have an actual registered business.
Old May 23, 2014, 9:59 am
RNE

Originally Posted by CrawlThroughKnives
So I applied for the Ink Bold and got a letter saying they couldn't verify business info. I used my social as m EIN number. I called business recon and they said that I have to register my business with the state so they can verify it even if I'm sole proprietor.

I was under the impression most people where just using their social and it was going through? I don't really want to have an actual registered business.
Do you have a business at all? If so, you must have some documentation of itlike a Schedule C.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Do you have a business at all? If so, you must have some documentation of itlike a Schedule C.
Not what I've read elsewhere. I've always heard you can apply for a bus card for a bus you are in the process of starting up. In which case you don't need to have filed anything yet. And for some people it's selling things on Ebay, which wouldn't take a state license either.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:49 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Brugge
Not what I've read elsewhere. I've always heard you can apply for a bus card for a bus you are in the process of starting up. In which case you don't need to have filed anything yet. And for some people it's selling things on Ebay, which wouldn't take a state license either.
I said nothing about a state license. Nor do I think such a thing is all Chase will accept as corroboration. However, if Chase is asking CrawlThroughKnives to substantiate his businesswhatever that may be and how ever well established it ishe should provide it or give up on the Ink card for the time being.

RNE, not interested in a general discussion of business substantiation.
Old May 24, 2014, 11:32 am

I don't have a business at all, I was just under the impression that people were using their social and getting approved. I'll give up on the ink and apply for the CSP.
Old May 25, 2014, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by CrawlThroughKnives
I don't have a business at all, I was just under the impression that people were using their social and getting approved. I'll give up on the ink and apply for the CSP.
You don't have to have a business to get approved. You can put down 0 or 50 bucks and say you're starting a business selling stuff on EBay. Use your Social Securiy number. It does really help to already have a credit card relationship with Chase, preferably a long one, so they can see how you handle one or more of their cards.
Old May 25, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Business Cards

I don't have a business. I have gotten offers for business cards with more than one bank. Why they think I have a business beats me. I put my place of employment and salary down for the personal cards I applied for and received from each of these banks. Sometimes I sell on ebay, but I don't call it a business. I would simply be lying to say I have a business, so I don't apply for business cards. Maybe if I had even more income and could claim some was from a business, I would apply. Maybe if I needed to churn cards more than I already do, I would be tempted. But Chase, Amex, and Citi treat me like a king, and I don't want to risk that by lying.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:06 pm

For those of you who have recently applied for a personal and a business card from Chase on the same day, are they still only doing one hard pull for the two?
Old May 26, 2014, 6:47 am

Declined for Chase Ink 60k - says my business doesn't have enough revenue

I was declined for the Chase Ink 60k card, they remarked that my business just didn't have enough revenue. They asked what I did, and I do 2 things under this sole proprietorship.

I sell things on eBay (although pretty much stopped doing it in 2014), and I am a software consultant. I told them I should be able to pull in like 36k last year, 40k this year, and that I make the majority of my income from the consulting side of things. They said the business just doesn't have enough credit, history, or revenue. I thought I heard of people being approved with as little as like $1 revenue?

Is there more of a strategy to getting approved for a business card? Do they want to see something in particular?

Also for reference, I was just approved for a 100k Amex Business card today as well. If I can get that card, no way I shouldn't be able to get a Chase Ink. This rejection was done over the phone, and took 4-5 minutes worth of time for them to decline me.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:22 am

And reconsideration line resolved it. I remarked I am trying to simplify taxes and that this card would give me the ability to separate my expenses.

I have great history with Chase. Pay of my bills every time, 20k+ in spending in 2013.
Old May 27, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by factory81
I was declined for the Chase Ink 60k card, they remarked that my business just didn't have enough revenue. They asked what I did, and I do 2 things under this sole proprietorship.

I sell things on eBay (although pretty much stopped doing it in 2014), and I am a software consultant. I told them I should be able to pull in like 36k last year, 40k this year, and that I make the majority of my income from the consulting side of things. They said the business just doesn't have enough credit, history, or revenue. I thought I heard of people being approved with as little as like $1 revenue?

Is there more of a strategy to getting approved for a business card? Do they want to see something in particular?

Also for reference, I was just approved for a 100k Amex Business card today as well. If I can get that card, no way I shouldn't be able to get a Chase Ink. This rejection was done over the phone, and took 4-5 minutes worth of time for them to decline me.
Seriously?? They denied you with a real business and having $36k last year?!? I guess they are getting stricter. I got the Ink last Dec with as a start up with a revenue of $0.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, Hilton
Husband was just approved for Ink Bold. He was previously approved for Ink plus around March. Had to go through reconsideration line. They asked alot of detailed questions about his business, which is just a startup with no real income. They took alot of notes describing his business.

It appears that Chase is getting stricter on evaluating the businesses that they are approving. I think it helped that my husband is a long time Chase customer with a Chase checking account and 799 rating.

BTW my husband was also able to get the additional 10,000 bonus points on the first card. Chase said that as long as the card was approved in the last 90 days, they will match any new promotions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.