Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:15 pm

I just got a question.

If one applied for the same card for the 2nd time and Chase decided to NOT offer the sign up bonus again, would Chase send out mail/email to the individual to explicitly state that the sign up bonus cannot be offered again? If so, how long would it take the mail to arrive? I read those blogs and seems like there would be a mail if the sign up bonus was denied.

I cancelled my Hyatt card almost 1.5 years ago, applied for it again this month with the signup bonus of $50 statement credit and 2 free nights. Got approved, met the spending requirements more than 2 weeks ago. I received the $50 sign up bonus soon, however, the free nights has not posted. At the same time, I did not receive any mail regarding this yet.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
If your CSP was a MC, you could do it almost instantly. Wifes was a MC and applied for a Visa a few days after closing. If it was a Visa then at least a 2 year wait is advisable
What if I opened my CSP as a Visa, received the 40k bonus, and converted the card to a MC afterwards?

If I cancel my CSP MC, can I sign up for a CSP Visa again and receive the sign-up bonus? Or should I wait 2 years after closing in this case?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by kip1124
What if I opened my CSP as a Visa, received the 40k bonus, and converted the card to a MC afterwards?
You can no longer convert CSPs to MC.

Originally Posted by kip1124
If I cancel my CSP MC, can I sign up for a CSP Visa again and receive the sign-up bonus? Or should I wait 2 years after closing in this case?
If you applied for that CSP as a MC, and it's still a MC, there's a good chance you will get another sign-up bonus if you close that card apply for the CSP Visa right away. Data points have shown the Chase considers them different products, but as always, YMMV.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by dingalpha
I just got a question.
From what I've read, people get the letter a few weeks after acceptance.

If you received the $50 sign-up bonus already, that's a good sign. Check the Hyatt thread for data points on how long it takes to get the free nights.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
From what I've read, people get the letter a few weeks after acceptance.

If you received the $50 sign-up bonus already, that's a good sign. Check the Hyatt thread for data points on how long it takes to get the free nights.
The latest data point says 3 days after meeting the requirements. It has been almost 3 weeks after I hit the spending threshold.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by webazoid
I havent seen anyone get a second card and get miles. You can get a biz card if u got personal card first time.
You need to look closer my friend.. Anything is possible with the right time and attitude.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by webazoid
I havent seen anyone get a second card and get miles. You can get a biz card if u got personal card first time.
Quite the contrary, numerous people have gotten a 2nd UA personla card and the miles. Typically 2 years is consensus, but it is highly YMMV with this one.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Exclamation

Last night, I applied for the UA Explorer card (a 50,000 point bonus offer that I received in the mail). The application page told me that I was instantly approved and listed my credit limit and APR. I received a confirmation email confirming my approval.

When I call the application status line listed in the wiki, the message says that I will be notified in writing of their decision in "approximately two weeks." The card also has not appeared in my online account. When I was approved for the CSP last year, the card appeared online almost instantly.

Should I be concerned?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Last night, I applied for the UA Explorer card (a 50,000 point bonus offer that I received in the mail). The application page told me that I was instantly approved and listed my credit limit and APR. I received a confirmation email confirming my approval.

When I call the application status line listed in the wiki, the message says that I will be notified in writing of their decision in "approximately two weeks." The card also has not appeared in my online account. When I was approved for the CSP last year, the card appeared online almost instantly.

Should I be concerned?
UA, BA and Marriott cards do not show up online instantly like the Chase own cards because Chase have to send the applicant's FFP information to the partners for verification first. Chase cannot issue an account number UNTIL after the verification has been confirmed by the partners. This is explained to me by a rep just 3 weeks ago when I asked why MR card got instant approval but not showing up online.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:10 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Happy
UA, BA and Marriott cards do not show up online instantly like the Chase own cards because Chase have to send the applicant's FFP information to the partners for verification first. Chase cannot issue an account number UNTIL after the verification has been confirmed by the partners. This is explained to me by a rep just 3 weeks ago when I asked why MR card got instant approval but not showing up online.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bribro
This is not true. I believe you're confusing CSP with SPG. CSP does not have any kind of transfer bonus.
^

Yes indeed I did.

Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Anyone heard if this year, they are doing another Small Business Week with increased 60K sign up offers for the Ink Bold-type cards? Want to cancel my current Ink Bold/Plus MC cards and apply for the Visa versions, but would prefer to wait if they are offering the 60K versions (or anything higher than the usual 50K bonus) sometime this year again.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:09 pm

I cancelled my united mileage plus card for over 15 months. Held it for a year and cancelled right before AF was due. Is it too early to apply for it again?

Anyone with luck churning this card after a year later?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:44 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by ponickka
Held it for a year and cancelled right before AF was due. Is it too early to apply for it again?Anyone with luck churning this card after a year?
Send a secure message on Chase.com and ask if you'd qualify for the bonus.

RNE, who has successfully churned the Explorer card twice with less than 15 months between churn.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
So I thought it would be easier to find this, but can anyone tell me if there is any reason why canceling my Ink Bold MC and reapplying for Ink Bold Visa wouldn't end up in getting another 50k bonus? I was getting some credit lines moved around for other cards and asked about converting the card from MC to Visa and they said it's not possible. Seems like a pretty open invitation. Completely different card, so hoping that the good old rule sticks true with this still. Thanks!

Edit: ha, maybe the question a few above i somehow missed is the answer:

"Anyone heard if this year, they are doing another Small Business Week with increased 60K sign up offers for the Ink Bold-type cards? Want to cancel my current Ink Bold/Plus MC cards and apply for the Visa versions, but would prefer to wait if they are offering the 60K versions (or anything higher than the usual 50K bonus) sometime this year again. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.