FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Old May 27, 2014, 7:24 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by factory81
I was declined for the Chase Ink 60k card, they remarked that my business just didn't have enough revenue. They asked what I did, and I do 2 things under this sole proprietorship.

I sell things on eBay (although pretty much stopped doing it in 2014), and I am a software consultant. I told them I should be able to pull in like 36k last year, 40k this year, and that I make the majority of my income from the consulting side of things. They said the business just doesn't have enough credit, history, or revenue. I thought I heard of people being approved with as little as like $1 revenue?

Is there more of a strategy to getting approved for a business card? Do they want to see something in particular?

Also for reference, I was just approved for a 100k Amex Business card today as well. If I can get that card, no way I shouldn't be able to get a Chase Ink. This rejection was done over the phone, and took 4-5 minutes worth of time for them to decline me.
Seriously?? They denied you with a real business and having $36k last year?!? I guess they are getting stricter. I got the Ink last Dec with as a start up with a revenue of $0.