Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSox
I think the key here is where you say it's under benefits. The miles are part of a bonus for getting and using the card, the benefits are features of the card.

It shouldn't matter which card (BA affinity card) you were approved for; you should get the 50k/50k bonus miles as long as you meet the conditions of the offer.

I would print a copy of the offer page for your records in case your miles don't post.

Thanks for the quick response, I just printed the offer page. When I called Chase today, I told the rep about the 50k/50k bonus that I should receive. She then asked me where I applied for the card and I told her it was from an internet promo. Next, she asked for the link to this promo and I didn't have it at the time, so I told her that I could not provide it. She then put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and rambled on about how this 50k/50k promotion was on good morning america and many people have heard about it. So then she said that I should receive something from British Airways in 14 days (not sure what she was talking about) and should receive the bonuses according to the promo details. Overall a pretty confusing phone conversation.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:32 pm

Also, the rep told me that the only was I would be ineligible for bonus was if I previously had a Chase BA visa.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
I am not sure how quickly miles usually post (as this will be my first frequent flier credit card), but the recent $50-$150 checking account bonuses are taking up to 90 days to post.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT,VS Silver,SPG gold, Hilton, AMEX Plat, BA nothing.
Originally Posted by bsb21
I am not sure how quickly miles usually post (as this will be my first frequent flier credit card), but the recent $50-$150 checking account bonuses are taking up to 90 days to post.

The offer says 6-8 weeks after qualifying transaction. Not too bad.^
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by rendezvous
Also, the rep told me that the only was I would be ineligible for bonus was if I previously had a Chase BA visa.

It does say it in the T&C; did you ever have a BA Visa? If not, no big deal for you. Others are reporting that they are still applying and hoping to get the bonus miles even though they had a Chase issued BA card in the past.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:03 pm

I have never had any visa from Chase or any BA card from any credit card company, so i should be fine.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:05 pm

I only worry about not receiving the bonus because my card is a BA platinum and not a BA Signature
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Thanks for the quick response, I just printed the offer page. When I called Chase today, I told the rep about the 50k/50k bonus that I should receive. She then asked me where I applied for the card and I told her it was from an internet promo. Next, she asked for the link to this promo and I didn't have it at the time, so I told her that I could not provide it. She then put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and rambled on about how this 50k/50k promotion was on good morning america and many people have heard about it. So then she said that I should receive something from British Airways in 14 days (not sure what she was talking about) and should receive the bonuses according to the promo details. Overall a pretty confusing phone conversation.
opps.... I mis-understood your question. My bad.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:10 pm

I've had issuers not fulfill the terms of an offer before and when I called them they had no record of the promo (of course). So now I always make a Word document with a copy of the T&C in text format, the web page link (usually expired by the time you have a problem) and screen shots of the offer.

As far as what you'll be getting from BA, the only thing I can think of is a welcome kit with your BAEC information. If you already have a BAEC account, Chase may have set up a new one for you by mistake. If you do (have and account), and they did (set up a new one), contact BA and they should merge them or something like that.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Applied 11-10. Still waiting....
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:19 pm

I only worry about not receiving the bonus because my card is a BA platinum and not a BA Signature
Don't worry. Here is the important part of the offer with regards to your concern.

1 You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

Notice that it only says Visa Signature card and Visa Platinum card. Not BA Signature or BA Platinum card.

It also says "different fees, benefits, and credit availability" nothing about bonuses associated with this offer.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by RedSox
Don't worry. Here is the important part of the offer with regards to your concern.

1 You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

Notice that it only says Visa Signature card and Visa Platinum card. Not BA Signature or BA Platinum card.

It also says "different fees, benefits, and credit availability" nothing about bonuses associated with this offer.

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
I did not receive the Signature Card, but the Platinum one. When I called to activate, the agent said I would earn 50K for first purchase and another 50K for spending 2,000 USD in the first 93 days.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by bsb21
With other FF CC's (like Aeroplan WMC w/ BofA), the bonus has credited with the first statement's miles.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I did not receive the Signature Card, but the Platinum one. When I called to activate, the agent said I would earn 50K for first purchase and another 50K for spending 2,000 USD in the first 93 days.
Actually, I don't even know if it is a Platinum one. It doesn't say so anywhere I can tell. But the application said I would be considered for one or the other, so I'm guessing this is the Platinum one, since it doesn't have the "Visa Signature" band (like on the Schwab Invest First CC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.