FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

moondog Dec 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by heta (Post 12985913)
I see. I might consider that if I'm out of luck finding C RT for 2 seats. I am just getting started looking for availability and as soon as the 100,000 post sometime next month, hopefully I will snag JAL seats! (haven't flown JL for a long time...) Thanks, moondog.

Another option is to get enough AA miles to use for one leg of the trip, preferable an F leg because AA miles go a bit further than BA miles in F, while the reverse is true in C. For example:

SFO-BKK - 67.5k AA miles for one F ticket; 75k BA miles for second F ticket
BKK-SFO - 100k BA miles for 2 C tickets (or 125k for and C and F if you don't care whether you sit together)

If you haven't loaded up on AA credit cards recently, should be easy to get 67.5k miles.

Supratik Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by jda27 (Post 12985925)
I applied on December 11th and was approved today (message says Congratulations, you have been approved for....). Husband's aplication is still pending with the "Notify you in two weeks" message. Maybe because I had a chase card already? Unsure if I should follow up on the husband's application or give it a few more days...

That's great news, congratulations! I'm still getting the two weeks message, hopefully will be approved soon (I also have a Chase card already).

Thanks for the status update!

jda27 Dec 14, 2009 5:28 pm

I received a welcome e-mail from BAEC the day before I was approved (yesterday). Husband just got his e-mail (but no approval yet). Does it have anything to do with the card? Or is it because we just recently signed up for the executive club? We both signed up for the BAEC program the same day...so I would expect to receive the welcome e-mail at the same time...
I'm looking forward to the 200000 miles! Don't even know what we'll do with them, yet - but would really like to fly somewhere in F (a destination in itself)!

Happy Dec 14, 2009 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by jda27 (Post 12986250)
I received a welcome e-mail from BAEC the day before I was approved (yesterday). Husband just got his e-mail (but no approval yet). Does it have anything to do with the card? Or is it because we just recently signed up for the executive club? We both signed up for the BAEC program the same day...so I would expect to receive the welcome e-mail at the same time...
I'm looking forward to the 200000 miles! Don't even know what we'll do with them, yet - but would really like to fly somewhere in F (a destination in itself)!

If you have not signed up BAEC yourself, then the welcoming letter means your app is approvable by Chase, Chase then apply a BAEC membership on your behalf.

However since you signed up BAEC by yourselves, there is no way to tell.

You may want to check the BAEC award chart first, before you get all too excited about flying in F - and, not all Fs are created equal...

financeprof Dec 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Can I still use the application link to get 100k BA miles? Even though official website has been changed back to 30k...

heta Dec 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 12986018)
Another option is to get enough AA miles to use for one leg of the trip, preferable an F leg because AA miles go a bit further than BA miles in F, while the reverse is true in C. For example:

SFO-BKK - 67.5k AA miles for one F ticket; 75k BA miles for second F ticket
BKK-SFO - 100k BA miles for 2 C tickets (or 125k for and C and F if you don't care whether you sit together)

If you haven't loaded up on AA credit cards recently, should be easy to get 67.5k miles.

Very interesting. Thank you for your idea. I have been loyal to Skyteam so far (until this year, but not anymore!) and don't have experience especially with OneWorld. Did you mean that with getting multiple credit card bonuses it should be easy to get 67.5k? (never had any AA card) I guess I have to start reading threads in AA forum! Thanks again, moondog.

SJS58 Dec 14, 2009 7:14 pm

thanks for the input on the print screen request....I don't know why I couldn't get it to work...even with the suggestions.

rrgg Dec 14, 2009 7:23 pm

If you send me your email address in a PM, I'll send you a screenshot.

PhilC Dec 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by PhilC (Post 12873849)
Update: Utility bills for the 2 applications that needed proof of address were mailed on 11/16. Automated messages on those 2 applications changed today to "we received your application on 11/6... 2 weeks" from the initial non-date specific messages. I spoke with a human and found out that address verification was just processed (which probably triggered the message change). Final approval is still pending but I was told they wouldn't have bothered with address verification if they were going to deny for other reasons.

Further update: We finally received cards for the 2 applications that required address verification. One of them is missing the BAEC number. The other is just fine. I've sent a secure message to Chase.

moondog Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by heta (Post 12986654)
Very interesting. Thank you for your idea. I have been loyal to Skyteam so far (until this year, but not anymore!) and don't have experience especially with OneWorld. Did you mean that with getting multiple credit card bonuses it should be easy to get 67.5k? (never had any AA card) I guess I have to start reading threads in AA forum! Thanks again, moondog.

Yes. A set of 3 cards (MasterCard, Amex, and Business MC) should do the trick, currently 30k miles per card, but you'd still be okay even if they dropped it back to 25k. Most threads about AA cards are in the "other credit cards" forum, I think.

imm2b Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bergy Bits (Post 12985248)
I have Windows Home, I have what I want on the screen (be sure the cursor isn't obstructing anything), hold down PRINT SCREEN briefly (it's the next key over from F12), go to a blank document page as if you were going to type a letter, and hold down "control" and "v" simultaneously. After the screen print appears just print it normally, and you can save it normally as well.

I have also just taken a digital photo of the screen! :D

Use Aviary.com, it's quick and easy to do screen captures, especially if you used the Firefox ad-on. Even if you don't use Firefox, say if you want to capture http://www.google.com, just add aviary.com/http://www.google.com and save it.

The Mileage Millionaire Dec 15, 2009 7:35 am

Originally Posted by ned (Post 12925734)
RE: Your account ending in XXXX

Dear XXXXXXX

As your credit card company, we value your business. It's important to us that we provide you with up-to-date information about your account.

You recently opened a new BRITISH AIRWAYS account, which offered a premium after completing your first purchase using your new card.

The terms and conditions associated with your account specify that the premium offer is available only to new Card members. Our records indicate that you have taken advantage of this offer or a similar offer in the past. Based on this information, your new account is not eligible to receive the premium associated with the first use of your card.

Your satisfaction is important to us. If you have any questions, please call us at the toll-free number noted on the back of your card. For your convenience, we are available 24 hours a day to assist you.

Sincerely,

Cardmember Service

I received the exact same letter on the exact same day.

I was about to write a reconsideration letter when I noticed that Chase's letter only says that you will not receive the bonus for your first purchase. It makes no mention of the second bonus for spending $2,000 in 90 days. Therefore, before firing off my letter, I decided to make a $2,000 purchase and then see exactly what bonus miles I am given/not given. I will fight for the 100,000 miles regardless, but I'll definitely keep the card for 50,000. At zero, I'll probably ask for a refund of the $75 fee and close the card.

Should be interesting!

st.exupery Dec 15, 2009 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Supratik (Post 12982794)
Did you get this message when you called? I think that's the status update the OP was referring to.

Yes, the message I referred to was from the internet, after completing the application. But when I called today I got the "2 weeks" message. Since I have a decent credit line with Chase I'm thinking of calling to request reallocation. This has previously worked with BofA, Citibank and Discover cards where I was initially turned down. But with Chase I've always had more difficulty (for no apparent reason).

Supratik Dec 15, 2009 8:38 am

Originally Posted by st.exupery (Post 12989907)
Yes, the message I referred to was from the internet, after completing the application. But when I called today I got the "2 weeks" message. Since I have a decent credit line with Chase I'm thinking of calling to request reallocation. This has previously worked with BofA, Citibank and Discover cards where I was initially turned down. But with Chase I've always had more difficulty (for no apparent reason).

Wait, but isn't getting the "2 weeks" message a good thing?

Jeeves Dec 15, 2009 8:51 am

I received my first paper statement yesterday. It's interesting how they describe the 2 x 50,000 mile bonuses.

Enrollment Bonus Miles: 50,000
First Use Bonus Miles: 50,000

I thought the first bonus was to be First Use and the second bonus was for spending $2K in 3 months. Perhaps it's too difficult to put the second description into only a few words.

The statement also has a blurb about: Receive a redemption voucher for the same class on the same flight when you spend $30,000 a year on your card. Get $50 off any BA ticket purchase at ba.com/get50 when you use your BA Visa card.

I knew about the $30K voucher but wasn't aware of the $50 off.