FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

DLB Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Rec'd written verification of 50K/50K mi. signup bonus

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 12908286)
If you are so worried, send a secured email from your account at Chase online to ask for verification. I am sure this would be a much easier, quicker method to get WRITTEN verification from Chase.

Good idea. I've been away and busy but before I left a secure online email was sent to Chase and I received verification of the 50,000/50,000 miles by both email and in a letter via USPS. I now have written verification of the 50K/50K miles sign-up bonus on file and suggest any concerned others do the same.

It is true, as a previous poster stated that no credit card companies (except AMEX) send out materials reflecting sign up bonuses and their first line of phone reps may not be fully aware of them.

al613 Dec 16, 2009 12:40 pm

How long does it take after first purchase to get 50k?

pinniped Dec 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by cutnana (Post 12997121)
you might try this:

1. Apply for a card that has no attached bonus and use it. One that THEY make money.

2. Start a real relationship with Chase. Have a checking account, open a CD, etc.

3. Go into a branch and open a checking account and try through the branch to get a new card.

Good luck.

Hmmmm... Is there anywhere documented that this might work? I don't think I'd ever establish a checking account with a traditional bank, buy a CD, or sign up for a suboptimal credit card unless I knew there was a direct payoff. All three of those are expensive activities - I'd want my direct path to the 100,000 BA miles in writing. Or better yet, etched into a stone tablet. ;)

Traditional banks are not to be trusted. They are to be used where it makes sense, but never trusted.

Continentalworld Dec 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by jda27 (Post 12998627)
Called to get an update on status of my husband application today. Said it's still pending - and that now they can't comment on status (pending/approved/declined) by phone and can't disclose if any other documents are needed. What's up with that? Should I call again (ie try different CSR)?

Anyone else had this happening? Just happened to me, too...Maybe same agent?

Mr. Bean Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 12999980)
Hmmmm... Is there anywhere documented that this might work? I don't think I'd ever establish a checking account with a traditional bank, buy a CD, or sign up for a suboptimal credit card unless I knew there was a direct payoff. All three of those are expensive activities - I'd want my direct path to the 100,000 BA miles in writing. Or better yet, etched into a stone tablet. ;)

Traditional banks are not to be trusted. They are to be used where it makes sense, but never trusted.

It's not expensive at all. In fact, I'd say it's a steal ;)

25,000 CO miles with Chase Checking + Debit Card

ChaseTheMiles Dec 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks to those posters who said to sit tight, and I finally received my card about a week after it first appeared on my Chase account.

Now the follow-up question: My Executive Club# is missing from the card.

I mentioned that when I talked to the card activation agent who of course insisted that I should talke to BA. She then asked her manager and gave me a persumably Chase # to resolve the issue. It turned out to be a BA number where the immediate voice mail message went on and on about the strike.

I searched this thread, and it appeared the solution is to contact by email to the Chase marketing dept.

So, does anyone know what that email is? Or, is there another way to go about it?

Thanks.

Kohoutek Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Even celebrities are weighing in on this thread

I'm impressed. ;)

PhilC Dec 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post 13000771)
searched this thread, and it appeared the solution is to contact by email to the Chase marketing dept.

So, does anyone know what that email is? Or, is there another way to go about it?

Login to your Chase account and use the secure message function (click the Customer Center tab on the upper right and then under Secure Message Center on the left side choose Send New Message).

Happy Dec 16, 2009 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles (Post 13000771)
Thanks to those posters who said to sit tight, and I finally received my card about a week after it first appeared on my Chase account.

Now the follow-up question: My Executive Club# is missing from the card.

I mentioned that when I talked to the card activation agent who of course insisted that I should talke to BA. She then asked her manager and gave me a persumably Chase # to resolve the issue. It turned out to be a BA number where the immediate voice mail message went on and on about the strike.

I searched this thread, and it appeared the solution is to contact by email to the Chase marketing dept.

Thanks.

It has to be fixed by Chase. BAEC has NOTHING to do with that.

If you want a quick and reliable solution, secured email is the way to go. You now from own experiences learn that the phone reps often are clueless.

If you already have a BAEC number, and input that on your application - then missing that number is a sure sign that your BAEC number is NOT in Chase records. You need to fix it.

Log in your Chase online, go to customer center and under Secure Message you will find send new message function.

Choose the subject being Other Inquiry, choose the card being the BA card.

Tell them your BAEC number is xxxxxx, and ask them to please verify it is in Chase records.

If you DONT have a BAEC number on your application, Chase would have applied a BAEC account on your behalf. Then something has fallen thru the crack - i.e. they failed to apply a BAEC account for you/

FYI, Chase fixed the missing number on my card on 12/09. New card was ordered by the rep. The new card with BAEC number on it arrived today.

friedice Dec 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Applied on Dec 11th, got a denial today. Currenty have two Chase cards: Continental MC opened in Dec 2008 and United Visa opened in Sep 2008. Called twice talked to supervisors both times and nothing. Not even when I offered to reallocate limits from other cards or close one down. It's like they were all determined not to approve my app in any case. Will try again.

Bergy Bits Dec 16, 2009 7:58 pm

To jda27 & Continentalworld

DH & I are roughly in the same position you are. We both applied December 11, I was approved Monday, he is still pending. We both have ancient active MP Chase Visa cards. He has a "real job" with a paycheck, I'm self-employed. I have one more credit card in my collection than he does (a Princess Visa); otherwise everything else about us is equal. The fact that I got approved & he is pending is mind-boggling. Now I'm actually beginning to get nervous about it. :confused: Friedice, how did you get your denial so quickly? By mail or did you call the status line & talk to a rep or ??

friedice Dec 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Bergy Bits (Post 13002758)
Friedice, how did you get your denial so quickly? By mail or did you call the status line & talk to a rep or ??

Yes, I got it by mail, and it's dated December 12th.

I also forgot to mention that the letter says they used Experian, however, over the phone they told me they pulled Equifax. Also 3 bogus excuses:

1. Insufficient length of credit history ( I had credit cards for at least 8 yrs)
2. High percentage of credit profile consists of bankcards (What's wrong with that? I never had any loans, credit cards is the only type of credit I use)
3. Not enough installment or revolving accounts on your credit reports (isn't that contradictory to point 2? Credit cards are revolving accounts. So do I or do I not have too many bankcards?)

travelnj11 Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by al613 (Post 12999832)
How long does it take after first purchase to get 50k?

for me... a day after the statement posted

Bergy Bits Dec 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanks friedice

Yikes, those are some interesting reasons for denial. Since the only loan we've ever had in our lives was a mortgage that's been paid off for over 15 years, I guess they could stick us with Door #2 as well - though (potentially) why DH & not me? Can I ask if you were getting the "two week" message on the status line right up until the time you received your denial letter?

TrueBlueFlyer Dec 16, 2009 8:43 pm

got an email welcoming me to BAEC this morning... not sure if its good news or bad news... I haven't been home for nearly a year so I wasn't sure if my Chase BP Fuel visa was still active or shut down like about half a dozen other cards I had for years from various banks. I also remembered that I signed up for a UA visa but decided to cancel that card before I ever activated it.

hmmm... will find out when I return home I guess.