FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

Happy Dec 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 12970972)
Unless you are like me and an my wife who both used our Chase logins to apply and thinks could not have been smoother.

I am guessing it is more than just using the Chase login that is causing trouble for some.

Dont know. But after my post, there are at least a handful of people posted their not-so-smooth experiences using Chase Log In. Most of them actually have to send in copy of their SS card and utility bills to verify their IDs. I dont have to do that. In fact there is never any communication either by email or by snail mail to request anything, but the process has been delayed by a week. Instead of being approved in 2 days like hubby's app as a new customer, mine took 10 days - which probably is not a big deal as some folks' took much longer than that. However it did take me by surprise as I have received instant approvals from Chase for the past 3 apps with good chunk of CL each time. I dont have to wait for 6 months between each app either. Before BA card I have only Freedom left open.

Happy Dec 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden (Post 12970983)
Could you link that post? 1134 was not written by Moondog nor was 1143. :confused:

Typo. Should be 1434.

Steve in Olympia Dec 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 12970717)
-since the cert is only valid on BA metal, you need to pay fuel surcharges, which amount to around $600 per C ticket (varies by route, of course)
-therefore, your "free" tickets to Europe (or Asia if you are silly enough to fly via LHR) cost around $1200

I must be missing something here, because I am not seeing the level of surcharges that are being quoted on this thread by the critics.

For example, I just searched for a Seattle-LHR-Geneva roundtrip in Club World for next September, and ba.com quoted me a per-ticket surcharge of $294 ----nothing close to the $600 quoted above ----- and my trip is considerably longer than a simple NYC-LHR run.

What am I missing?:confused:

Bergy Bits Dec 11, 2009 9:26 pm

Happy (fellow Princess cruiser), I read all the posts over a period of about a week & I thought I remembered the discussion you are referring to, but I did a series of searches on this thread using a combination of words such as "password," "user ID" and so forth and didn't really turn up anything significant. I was in a panic when I read the offer was being withdrawn & so went ahead anyway & as I said, DH's went thru via Chase login & mine went in from scratch. I see now that I'm being more leisurely about it that I used the word "login" when searching the thread, and not the phrase "log (space) in." The former turns up virtually nothing and the latter is where all the discussion is. We call it a "login" as a noun and "log in" as a verb & it never dawned on me that it would make a difference using the search feature. My bad! I'm glad to hear some folks have had positive experiences using their Chase user ID a.k.a. login.

xp0 Dec 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 12971053)
I must be missing something here, because I am not seeing the level of surcharges that are being quoted on this thread by the critics.

For example, I just searched for a Seattle-LHR-Geneva roundtrip in Club World for next September, and ba.com quoted me a per-ticket surcharge of $294 ----nothing close to the $600 quoted above ----- and my trip is considerably longer than a simple NYC-LHR run.

What am I missing?:confused:

Yeah I just did a quick search from NYC to South Africa (Planned trip for in 2 years which I would be getting this voucher for) and the surcharge was listed at like 190$. Unless its considerable amount more for "Free" tickets?

Also I am sure this has been said but I didnt see it. If I look at their "zones" and it says like 90,000 Miles for that zone.... is that for a Round-trip? or its 90,000 miles each way? (I am pretty sure it means round-trip but I just want to make sure) Thanks!

moondog Dec 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 12971071)
Yeah I just did a quick search from NYC to South Africa (Planned trip for in 2 years which I would be getting this voucher for) and the surcharge was listed at like 190$. Unless its considerable amount more for "Free" tickets?

Also I am sure this has been said but I didnt see it. If I look at their "zones" and it says like 90,000 Miles for that zone.... is that for a Round-trip? or its 90,000 miles each way? (I am pretty sure it means round-trip but I just want to make sure) Thanks!

I just searched NYC-JNB and came up with $909 pp. Will work on the SEA itin shortly.

PatMike Dec 11, 2009 9:48 pm

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

BA fuel surcharges

moondog Dec 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 12971053)
For example, I just searched for a Seattle-LHR-Geneva roundtrip in Club World for next September, and ba.com quoted me a per-ticket surcharge of $294

$327 is my number. Not so bad, I must admit. Yet, I still maintain that HK provides a better bang for the buck.

Steve in Olympia Dec 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Moondog, I just couldn't figure out where you were getting $600 per ticket to Europe.

Other destinations (your example was Hong Kong) may provide more "bang for the buck," but there might be a rare situation where a traveller buys a ticket based on where he/she actually wants to go.:rolleyes:

deltame Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm hoping to redeem for travel from North America to Far East (HKG, PVG or NRT). It appears only 50k mile is required for one partner award. However when I do a test search online only BA flights are shown, via routing thru LHR.

Is it still correct that I could/should call BA to request for mileage reward flights on partner airline for this booking? Also, is there a way to check availability of partner flights before calling BA?

Happy Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by deltame (Post 12971205)
I'm hoping to redeem for travel from North America to Far East (HKG, PVG or NRT). It appears only 50k mile is required for one partner award. However when I do a test search online only BA flights are shown, via routing thru LHR.

Is it still correct that I could/should call BA to request for mileage reward flights on partner airline for this booking? Also, is there a way to check availability of partner flights before calling BA?

You need to choose the feature that check partner airline availability as well.

I think it is on the sidebar of the reservation page. In fact, many people use BA award booking engine to check on OW Partner airlines availabilities to use AA miles as AA does not have that ability.

No, you can book online for partner award if the partner is OW member airline. If the partner is not, such as AS, then you need to call to book.

moondog Dec 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 12971198)
Moondog, I just couldn't figure out where you were getting $600 per ticket to Europe.

Other destinations (your example was Hong Kong) may provide more "bang for the buck," but there might be a rare situation where a traveller buys a ticket based on where he/she actually wants to go.:rolleyes:

Okay, let's do some math:

-300 x 2

That means the extra 100k miles cost you $1200, or 1.2 cpm. cWhile not horrible, since it's currently possible to buy US miles for .75 cpm, the numbers don't work for me.

I'd also like to apologize for the $600 alarm because your case almost makes sense.

Supratik Dec 12, 2009 12:13 am

Signed up myself and rest of family on the 10th and 11th. Hopefully it'll go through, wish us luck! Going to Japan in May/June, so this would really come in handy.

My brother and I got the United Chase card in July, so there's a possibility that we might get rejected as several on this thread have said that Chase has a 6 months per card registration rule. Would be interested to know if anybody else did the United Chase card and was approved for this one in under 6 months?

Have tried to read through as many pages as I could, but 90+ pages is alot! Apologies if this has been addressed somewhere already.

benmaller Dec 12, 2009 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Supratik (Post 12971472)
Would be interested to know if anybody else did the United Chase card and was approved for this one in under 6 months?

My wife and I were both approved for the BA card after getting teh Chase Southwest card in October.

southsoccer Dec 12, 2009 7:01 am

My 100,000 miles were posted to my FF account today!