FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

j3brooklyn Dec 9, 2009 5:29 am

100,000 bonus miles posted to BAEC account

My Chase statement closed on 12/7 and the miles appeared in my BAEC account today. Interestingly, my wife's statement won't close until 12/12, but 50,000 miles plus the 1.25 miles per $ posted as well, but not the second 50,000 bonus. Which 50,000 bonus posted is not specified in in the BAEC account description, it just says "Finance Card - BA VISA BONUS MILES". All miles show the same "Transaction date" (07-Dec-09) and "Posted date" 09-Dec-09", suggesting that Chase is reporting miles to BA once a month (on the 7th day). This is not something that I've experienced with other miles CCs. Anyone else get miles posting today?

airb330 Dec 9, 2009 7:07 am

Update on Missing BAEC number:

I confirmed with British Airways that your correct
Executive Club number is XX. I have updated this
account accordingly and have sent you a new credit card
with that number on it. The miles earned on this account
will be affected by this issue.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Jonathan Kane
E-mail Customer Service Representative

I have not used the card yet due to this issue. I suppose that is a good thing. What do they mean by "the miles earned on this account WILL be affected by this issue". Meanwhile the clock is still ticking since it was approved on 11/17. Meaning I have waaaay less time to rack up $2,000 in charges. This is bull and I think the $75 should be waived at this point. I hope no one loses their bonuses. This is what I sent back:

Jonathan,

Thank you for adding the correct BAEC number to the account and sending me a new card. When you say "The miles earned on this account will be affected by this issue." what exactly does that mean? To be sure, I most certainly will not use my card until the new card arrives. I want to earn my 50,000 first-purchase bonus and 50,000 bonus after $2,000 in spending as earlier confirmed by Chase for this account. I applied on 11/9 and here it is one month later and still cannot use the card effectively to earn my miles and yet have been charged the annual fee. I believe I should have extra time to earn the bonuses or a portion of the annual fee should be waived. I have been an excellent Chase customer and currently hold a Continental Mastercard with an annual fee on it as well. Thank you, once again, for your time in this matter.

ramblers63 Dec 9, 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 12953783)

Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Jonathan Kane
E-mail Customer Service Representative

I have not used the card yet due to this issue. I suppose that is a good thing. What do they mean by "the miles earned on this account WILL be affected by this issue". Meanwhile the clock is still ticking since it was approved on 11/17. Meaning I have waaaay less time to rack up $2,000 in charges. This is bull and I think the $75 should be waived at this point. I hope no one loses their bonuses....I will update with my response.

Almost sounds like he meant to say "NOT affected", but forgot the word "not"

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Did you already have a BAEC number before signing up and provided it on your Chase application, or did you apply for a new BAEC account on your application?

ferrariboi Dec 9, 2009 7:17 am

card arrives

got my card after waiting for 11 days... My BAEC num is on the card. When i called to activate my card the CSR told me my first year annual fee is waived. I checked my online account and there's no 75usd charge..

EmoryFlyer Dec 9, 2009 8:08 am

My wife and I applied same day, received cards in the mail on the same day, activated them on the same day, and had our first cycle close on the same day (yesterday). My statement shows the full 100,000 miles plus the 1.25 per $ spent on purchases. Hers only shows 50,000 plus the 1.25 per $ spent. I logged into our BA accounts and the miles haven't posted yet...I expect I'll see them in there in the next day or two. My purchases were over $2K BEFORE the $75 annual fee, but my wife's purchases only crossed the $2K threshold when we include the $75 fee...so it seems apparent that they don't consider the annual fee to be a purchase (which I understand). One more gas fill-up and we'll be there...and we should see that additional 50K post on her next statement. Now...what to do with all those miles??!!

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn (Post 12953503)
My Chase statement closed on 12/7 and the miles appeared in my BAEC account today. Interestingly, my wife's statement won't close until 12/12, but 50,000 miles plus the 1.25 miles per $ posted as well, but not the second 50,000 bonus. Which 50,000 bonus posted is not specified in in the BAEC account description, it just says "Finance Card - BA VISA BONUS MILES". All miles show the same "Transaction date" (07-Dec-09) and "Posted date" 09-Dec-09", suggesting that Chase is reporting miles to BA once a month (on the 7th day). This is not something that I've experienced with other miles CCs. Anyone else get miles posting today?

airb330 Dec 9, 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ramblers63 (Post 12953801)

I think I'm in the same boat as you. Did you already have a BAEC number before signing up and provided it on your Chase application, or did you apply for a new BAEC account on your application?

I had one previously. Never flown on it, but I thought I was going to take a BA flight last winter so I signed up. I hate BA as I got stranded at JFK on Christmas Day 2001 for over 24hrs due to their incompetence which they blamed on "weather". No hotel, no food vouchers, and no where to go (was dropped off from Delaware). Mind you only BA and Alitalia had trouble getting flights out. But 100K is too good to pass up!

Mr. Bean Dec 9, 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BAEC Statement
Transaction date Posted date Description Points Miles
07-Dec-09 09-Dec-09 Finance Card - BA VISA BONUS MILES 0 50,000

^

flymaster Dec 9, 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 12954396)
I had one previously. Never flown on it, but I thought I was going to take a BA flight last winter so I signed up. I hate BA as I got stranded at JFK on Christmas Day 2001 for over 24hrs due to their incompetence which they blamed on "weather". No hotel, no food vouchers, and no where to go (was dropped off from Delaware). Mind you only BA and Alitalia had trouble getting flights out. But 100K is too good to pass up!

Which email address did you send your request to?

Thanks,

Flymaster

Happy Dec 9, 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 12953783)

Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Originally Posted by ramblers63 (Post 12953801)

He just has a typo. He is an excellent Rep. I got the same person and his response is essentially as yours, without the typo, and in slightly different wordings.

Instead of having a canned, prepared text, he actually typed it up, with the information. Hence there is a typo in yours.

<<Dear xxxxxx:

Executive Club number is xxxxxxxx. I have updated this
account accordingly and have sent you a new credit card,
which will reflect that number. I assure you that the
miles earned on this account have not been affected by
this issue.

Secure Message Center.

Thank you,>>

Happy Dec 9, 2009 10:10 am

Originally Posted by flymaster (Post 12954672)
Which email address did you send your request to?

Thanks,

Flymaster

Use the secured email on Chase online after you logged in your account.

The send message link is located in Customer Center.

Happy Dec 9, 2009 10:12 am

Annual fee is NEVER considered a purchase on ANY Credit Card. It does not earn you anything, as it is part of the condition of having the account.

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer (Post 12954056)
My wife and I applied same day, received cards in the mail on the same day, activated them on the same day, and had our first cycle close on the same day (yesterday). My statement shows the full 100,000 miles plus the 1.25 per $ spent on purchases. Hers only shows 50,000 plus the 1.25 per $ spent. I logged into our BA accounts and the miles haven't posted yet...I expect I'll see them in there in the next day or two. My purchases were over $2K BEFORE the $75 annual fee, but my wife's purchases only crossed the $2K threshold when we include the $75 fee...so it seems apparent that they don't consider the annual fee to be a purchase (which I understand). One more gas fill-up and we'll be there...and we should see that additional 50K post on her next statement. Now...what to do with all those miles??!!

Happy Dec 9, 2009 10:15 am

Originally Posted by ferrariboi (Post 12953821)
got my card after waiting for 11 days... My BAEC num is on the card. When i called to activate my card the CSR told me my first year annual fee is waived. I checked my online account and there's no 75usd charge..

The annual fee is billed on the First of the month. If your card is not approved by then, you will not know if you get billed or not until the First of Next month, that is, January.

Chase has acknowledged there are errors made by the activation CSRs and said appropriate steps in training have been put in place to prevent further erroneous info being given out. At least that is part of the content of a secured email I got.

Happy Dec 9, 2009 10:22 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop (Post 12953493)
My wife received the card with no BAEC number. Two days later she received the welcome email from BAEC with her assigned number. Called Chase and had some trouble instructing the csr to link the number to the card. I am not positive he did it right, will likely need to call again to make sure. I wonder if I should ask for a new card with the BAEC number on it...but am afraid this may screw things up even more!

The phone CSR can see whether your wife's BAEC number is in her Chase account or not. If s/he does not see it, chances are, the number is lost somewhere in the system.

If it is not there, the CSR cannot "LINK" the BAEC number with the card, as the BAEC number needs to be manually added AFTER they verify that is indeed your wife's number.

Your best best is to use secured email to resolve this issue.

Those of us whose BAEC numbers were on the application form but somehow were lost in the process, now have positive feedback of verification of our numbers. New BA cards with our member number would be mailed out, per the posts by airb330 and me.

Now we will see whether the number is correctly embossed on the card! (i.e. being input correctly).

Roberteyewhy Dec 9, 2009 10:27 am

So far, 1 person has called CSR to have the first year fee waived. A screen shot has been posted that shows the refund. However, no one else has confirmed that they too have had the $75 rescinded.

To be continued...

airb330 Dec 9, 2009 11:16 am

Good to know it was a typo, thanks Happy. It cannot hurt to have an email back from him, just in case! Are you going to use your card or wait?

At least this looks like it will be settled soon. Was hoping to use the card in Texas this weekend as I am sure I will spend too much at the bars in Austin!