FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

highlanderfil Jul 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Got my 100K...the problem now is how to spend them. Can I use BA flights on AA or other One World partners? The flights to (or via) London carry absolutely ridiculous taxes...

ajnaro Jul 18, 2011 5:32 am

Originally Posted by highlanderfil (Post 16746629)
Got my 100K...the problem now is how to spend them. Can I use BA flights on AA or other One World partners? The flights to (or via) London carry absolutely ridiculous taxes...

Among other factors, it seems to depend on where you start out from. I have noticed that from Brazil and Chile these charges seem to disappear, even using BA flights through LHR issued by BA. It also depends on what airline you use -- LAN seems to have few charges even when issued via BA. There must be people here on FT who know the full set of rules.

jumpdogjump Jul 18, 2011 4:05 pm

ThePointsGuy is your friend - click on his British Airways links on the right hand side of the page for a fairly complete education...He wrote a 10-part series on the subject of how to use BA miles

User Name Aug 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by User Name (Post 15061536)
From what I recall, the general consensus seems to be to retain the card until you've made your booking using the 241 but then ok to cancel afterwards. Chase aren't going to tell BA that you canceled your credit card surely?

Not been following this thread for quite a while so apologies if this data point is irrelevant:

Made 241 booking last November, canceled BA card in December and travel occurred one week ago from today BOS-LHR-FRA. I checked in online and no request was made at bag drop to see my card, so it was fine to book travel using the voucher and then cancel the card before travel in my case.

travelingsr Oct 9, 2011 4:14 am

I'm sad I missed this offer. Any chance it will come up again early next year? Guesses on the Month?

drsaith Dec 4, 2011 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by travelingsr (Post 17243766)
I'm sad I missed this offer. Any chance it will come up again early next year? Guesses on the Month?

yeah, me too. just found the 50k link and thought that was a good deal until i stumbled upon this...

jimcoddington Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm

odds????

What are the odds Chase will run this exact same promotion, 100,000 BA bonus miles, in April 2012 for the fourth consecutive year?

jmw2323 Feb 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by jimcoddington (Post 18030029)
What are the odds Chase will run this exact same promotion, 100,000 BA bonus miles, in April 2012 for the fourth consecutive year?

50/50

longhorn11 Feb 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jimcoddington (Post 18030029)

Who knows, one of the bloggers said there were rumors last fall that it would be coming back. I would think some type of better offer has to be in the works, as the 50k has been there forever. Also they need to find someway to continue to promote their switch over to avios points.