FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

HansGolden Dec 11, 2009 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 12967665)
In addition, the link that previously took you to the application page for the 100k bonus now takes you to the 30k offer.

If anyone else still has an active link to the 100k deal, please speak up.

Um, the OP has the link to a still functioning 100K offer: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...F01&MKID=&MSC=

swdke Dec 11, 2009 11:19 am

Is there an 800 number to call to confirm if your card had been approved or not?

leisure32 Dec 11, 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by swdke (Post 12967962)
Is there an 800 number to call to confirm if your card had been approved or not?

You could always read the first post and all the other ones that reference the number.

aaron1262 Dec 11, 2009 11:47 am

are awards on Alaska Air not bookable online?

richarddd Dec 11, 2009 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262 (Post 12968150)

I'm missing the relevance of this question to a thread on a BA Chase credit card. ??

ma91pmh Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm

darn and drats. i was hoping it woudl survive to feb when enquiries drop off and i'd be able to apply

lesson learned here is keep your credit enquiries down for the good stuff

for everyone that got 100k or 200k miles enjoy using them!

Happy Dec 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262 (Post 12968150)

No. You have to call. And right on BA website it says so, too.

Originally Posted by richarddd (Post 12968278)
I'm missing the relevance of this question to a thread on a BA Chase credit card. ??

AS is a partner of BA. BA miles can be used to book partner award.

People commingled posts related to the card and posts related to how to redeem BA miles, from the get-go of this thread.

This question while has been answered many times, still is better than the question asking for 800 number. Most information related to the card itself is on the First Post which the OP has kindly updated a few times.

OHNOMRBILL Dec 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Applied online 10 minutes ago.
Hope it goes through.

needtoescape Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

BA redemptions on partner airlines

Sorry, I know this has been discussed a lot, and normally I would search and read everything to confirm things myself, but since I am having internet problems and it appears that today might be the last day to get apply for the BA Chase Visa with the 100K bonus points, I wanted to clarify my understanding of the partner redemption situation, since I'm not sure I would ever redeem points on BA flights.

If I understood other posts and info on the BA website correctly, it appears that since AA is a BA OneWorld Alliance partner, people can use BA points to travel on AA flights (except for going east from the US TATL, i.e., to Europe). In particular, I wanted to confirm my understanding that I could use BA points to book AA (or other partner) flights from the US to the following locations and current mileage levels:

1) Within US (48 contiguous) - 25K roundtrip for coach
2) Caribbean, Hawaii - 35K roundtrip for coach

It appears (and I think I read something about this) that a good way to use BA points is for travel to HI, since US carriers have higher mileage requirements for this trip.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

SirDomino Dec 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by gleff (Post 12769091)
Here's the scoop.

$75 annual fee
50,000 miles with first purchase
50,000 miles after $2k in spend within 3 months
1.25 miles per dollar

And the best benefit aside from the signup bonus: every year that you spend $30k on the card you get a certificate for a free companion award redemption.

Now, BA has family accounts. So if 2 people get this card that's $200k miles in bonuses after $4k in spend.

Put $30k total spend on one of the cards and $2k on the other, and you earn 240,000 total miles plus a free companion.

That would buy you (2) first class award tickets from the US to, say, Dubai...

Now you will pay some decent taxes on awards, a business class award from the US to Europe runs ~ US$350 IIRC. But this is still a pretty phenomenal deal. I wouldn't put more than $30k a year on the card, but it sure seems worth putting the $30k there..

My wife and I are going to Tokyo next summer. So this would be perfect!

So how does this work? Does my wife and I each submit separate applications and get separate card accounts? or do I just apply and then "add" my wife to get the 200,000 flyer miles?

Also, will I be able to use the 200,000 next summer or would that be too soon? is there a waiting period?

Thanks!

pinniped Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by SirDomino (Post 12969078)
My wife and I are going to Tokyo next summer. So this would be perfect!

So how does this work? Does my wife and I each submit separate applications and get separate card accounts? or do I just apply and then "add" my wife to get the 200,000 flyer miles?

Also, will I be able to use the 200,000 next summer or would that be too soon? is there a waiting period?

Thanks!

Apply separately. Get two accounts, two account numbers, charge $2k to each.

Then, you receive one 2-for-1 cert for each account that has $30k per year charged. Since my wife and I combined charge maybe $40k per year, we will be calling this week to get a 2nd card issued on one account. Once we hit $2k on the other account, that card goes in a drawer and we focus $30k on a single account in 2010.

I don't know the full rules on BA family accounts, but from Chase's end the $30k needs to hit a SINGLE credit card account. So you start with 2 accounts to get your 200k, then eventually focus spending on one account....unless each of you spends $30k per year on your own cards.

newcastle Dec 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Application on 11/30, BA email on 12/8, approval confirmation 12/11. Glad I got in on this one!

Middle_Seat Dec 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Good Things Do Come in Platinum Packages?

Originally Posted by piwo (Post 12966578)
My statement just closed yesterday and under rewards summary it says 50,000 First Use bonus miles. I didn't spend 2000 so Ill have to wait for the rest till next month.

That's great news for many of us, piwo, since you had previously posted (#1399) that you have the (non-Signature) Platinum card.

If my Plat card gets the miles, maybe I won't have to endure more ribbing from my family members who all (except me) received the Sig card...in spite of the fact that my FICO and income are higher :)

Mr. Bean Dec 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat (Post 12969491)
That's great news for many of us, piwo, since you had previously posted (#1399) that you have the (non-Signature) Platinum card.

If my Plat card gets the miles, maybe I won't have to endure more ribbing from my family members who all (except me) received the Sig card...in spite of the fact that my FICO and income are higher :)

Yes, it seems Plat card gets the same bonuses. I also have the Plat card and got the first 50K - haven't spent 2K yet.

btw, are you the same Middle Seat of WSJ fame?

hauteboy Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Applied 12/1, the BA account# showed up in my online Chase account today.. ^ Haven't received the card yet though.