FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

Mr. Bean Dec 13, 2009 5:34 am

Originally Posted by freakflyer (Post 12973959)
I just signed up (thanks to another member of this board) to this site. You can get American Express Gift cards with a 4.5% rebate (so $2,000 in gift cards will cost $1,1910 - saving $90 - which would more than cover the cost of the BA card). You can use the gift cards on other purchases later or given them as holiday gifts.

Search for "American Express" to find the gift cards.

Use coupon code: AFL420 to get free shipping.

BigCrumbs discounts

does this actually work? I thought AmEx GC's did not count for spend/points.

AMRivlin Dec 13, 2009 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean (Post 12976464)
does this actually work? I thought AmEx GC's did not count for spend/points.

I would like to know ASAP.

Thx.

ddavault Dec 13, 2009 10:28 am

Like everyone else my miles posted this weekend. It's nice to see a household account balance of 214,000 miles! Spend 30k next year and South Africa here we come!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...3at92038AM.png

jda27 Dec 13, 2009 10:47 am

How long does it take for approval, normally? My husband and I applied on Friday, got a notification from our credit monitoring company that a credit check was done yesterday, but when we call to check on our application it says we'll hear from them in 2 weeks...
I only have one more chase card (husband has none), that I applied for over 2 years ago (and was immediately approved). We both have very good credit scores.

Hertz4me Dec 13, 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by jda27 (Post 12977551)
How long does it take for approval, normally? My husband and I applied on Friday, got a notification from our credit monitoring company that a credit check was done yesterday, but when we call to check on our application it says we'll hear from them in 2 weeks...
I only have one more chase card (husband has none), that I applied for over 2 years ago (and was immediately approved). We both have very good credit scores.

everybody who gets the 2 weeks message seems to get approved, 7-10 day message declined.

Alright guys my dad got his card with his EC # on the visa, when my mom got her card her EC# was missing so she signed up next day. When she called to activate the card chase already had assigned her a EC number so she had two. Dont Panic if you dont get the EC # on the card you should get an email in a few busniess days. She had to call BA and the nice lady on the phone took care of the problem.

The hard part is going to be where to spend the 500k airlines miles we have total:p

Hertz4me Dec 13, 2009 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ddavault (Post 12977456)
Like everyone else my miles posted this weekend. It's nice to see a household account balance of 214,000 miles! Spend 30k next year and South Africa here we come!

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/q...3at92038AM.png

:D ^

tkelvin69 Dec 13, 2009 11:45 am

Missing second 50,000 bonus

Spent $2200+ during first billing cycle with 50,000 first time use bonus and no 50,000 $2,000 bonus posting. Called Chase and CSR confirmed 50+50 promotion and would send it to "marketing department" for manual posting.

As a side note - I posted my fee had been waived per phone conversation when activating card but see a $75 fee is on my first cycle. Given this was a condition of signing up, I didn't mention it when I called.

lehms Dec 13, 2009 1:15 pm

i am sorry to ask what i am sure has been answered, if i get this 100k on ba on can use on AA domestic flights here in the US, or anywhere AA flys?

sorry if a repeat

tkelvin69 Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by lehms (Post 12978307)
i am sorry to ask what i am sure has been answered, if i get this 100k on ba on can use on AA domestic flights here in the US, or anywhere AA flys?

sorry if a repeat

Yes to both. In fact, it'll be much cheaper to use BA partners rather than a BA flight.

echohorn Dec 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by lehms (Post 12978307)

sorry if a repeat

I don't believe you can use them on AA transatlantic...

tkelvin69 Dec 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by echohorn (Post 12979310)
I don't believe you can use them on AA transatlantic...

Nice catch. No AA miles for BA on U.S. TATL (can use from other NA departures). No BA miles for AA on TATL.

I'll be using mine on LA/AA from the U.S. to South America or CX to Asia.

allergictocoach Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 12977807)
Spent $2200+ during first billing cycle with 50,000 first time use bonus and no 50,000 $2,000 bonus posting. Called Chase and CSR confirmed 50+50 promotion and would send it to "marketing department" for manual posting.

As a side note - I posted my fee had been waived per phone conversation when activating card but see a $75 fee is on my first cycle. Given this was a condition of signing up, I didn't mention it when I called.

I spent about the same amount and only came up with 50K "first use" posting. I wonder if a call to Chase will be necessary or if the next 50K might just show up in a day or so? Any other experiences on the timing of the miles postings?

moondog Dec 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by allergictocoach (Post 12979961)
I spent about the same amount and only came up with 50K "first use" posting. I wonder if a call to Chase will be necessary or if the next 50K might just show up in a day or so? Any other experiences on the timing of the miles postings?

Do you have a big trip planned within the next 45 days? If not, then perhaps you should just peace out until your next statement posts.

gregorygrady Dec 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 12979979)
Do you have a big trip planned within the next 45 days? If not, then perhaps you should just peace out until your next statement posts.

+1

And why the huge rush to get the $2k in spending to get 50k/100k BA miles? Why not just wait and charge up your $2k over the course of the next year and take the second 50k miles when they come.

I don't see the reason/rush to go buy Amex Gift Cards just to get to $2k spending. I mean, you have to spend the $2k in Amex GCs at some time in the future as well, plus you have to pay transaction fees on them (~$4-6 per GC to buy them), so why not just spend $2k on your CC at a leisurely pace and take your miles when they come. Seems like many are out to get the miles the very second they can........................and then the miles are probably gonna end up sitting in the BA acct for months and months (if not years) until that person can figure out a trip to use them on. @:-)

guv1976 Dec 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
And why the huge rush to get the $2k in spending to get 50k/100k BA miles? Why not just wait and charge up your $2k over the course of the next year and take the second 50k miles when they come.

The second 50,000-mile bonus is awarded only if one has charged $2,000 to the card within three months of approval of the card application.