FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

aaron1262 Dec 15, 2009 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by whit5721 (Post 12992790)
Does anyone have experience with redemption on BA? Is using 50k to Europe REALLY possible? What about booking 4x within the US? I am very interested, but only if these miles will actually work. I've never used BA, so am starting from zero.

yes like all award tickets it is possible to get tickets at the lowest level.. if you're flexible and willing to take the time to research all possible options.. but of course you must pay the ridiculous surcharge that BA imposes if you're flying BA. These miles are worth more when using to S.America or Asia on other carriers.

Steve in Olympia Dec 15, 2009 4:13 pm

Does anyone know (conclusively) whether Chase is still honoring the 100k offer in the days since late last week, when the offer disappeared from both the Chase and BA web sites?

Yes, the link to the application form (see OP) is still active, but do we really know that it is good?

The BA web site currently shows a 30k offer, and I am having trouble finding any kind of BA offer on the Chase web page.

Perhaps we won't know until the approval period runs its course for the recent applicants.......

craz Dec 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by biouchra (Post 12993293)
Hello,

Applied yesterday, got declined today (found out by calling a CSR). The reason is "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I am soooo tired of this reason.

I have been getting this reason for the last 3 years, since Chase closed down all my accounts one day for no reason (other than my churning of United and Continental CCs).

Was anybody able to get back on Chase's good side after being banned?

My credit score is in the mid 700s and I was never late, got a clean credit report.

Would a reconsideration letter be of any use?

It'd be great to find out if there is hope or if I should just focus on the other banks.

Thanks

NOPE, you are In and will remain in Chases Dog House

after all they didnt turn you down cause you applied for a CC that didnt come with any type of a Bonus. They know had they not offered the 100k no way would you have been interested in being a Chase customer

Be happy you were able to get away with what you did with UA & CO and move onto the other banks and their Bonuses

arlingtonflyer Dec 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Did anybody else apply for the card, get a letter requesting additional information (IE. copy of your social security card), then get the card in the mail a few days later (even though the proof of having a social security card was not sent in)?

Middle_Seat Dec 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Upcoming BA Strike

Those planning travel on BA should be aware that the union representing cabin crew members plans to strike over the Christmas holiday travel season.

The BA site (http://www.britishairways.com) has the latest information.
Unite, the trade union that represents British Airways’ (BA's) cabin crew, announced on 14 December 2009 that its strike ballot closed with a vote in favour of industrial action between 22 December 2009 and 2 January 2010.

heta Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by moondog (Post 12990544)
Citi has been a bit of a moving target recently and has been sporadically clamping down on some of its more "enterprising" customers. However, IMO the potential upside is significant enough to try for two personal cards of different types (e.g. MC + Amex; for some reason, Visa can complicate things) relatively close together, but with different browsers/computers (there is a cookie issue, otherwise) and a business card separately. The goal is to trigger a single pull for the two personal cards. Separately, you can apply for a business card. IME, there is no connection whatsoever between the business and personal review processes. I've helped 5 people get all 3 cards during the past 3 months.

I agree, it is worth the risk to get more bonus miles in AA account as well :cool:
Thanks for explaining in detail. I might do this, but this award trip is certainly not going to be my last, so I might save the AA miles for later... we'll see how much I can strrretch the 100,000! (seems like I have to call if I want to connect beyond NRT)

Podcat Dec 15, 2009 9:31 pm

I applied but got turned down.
Reason: two many applications. (Two.)

For a guy with a 720+ Fico, that seems like the stupidest of reasons.
Anything I can do?

mrx900 Dec 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Bidkat (Post 12995140)
I applied but got turned down.
Reason: two many applications. (Two.)

For a guy with a 720+ Fico, that seems like the stupidest of reasons.
Anything I can do?

damn..thats about my score.....when did you apply??

MrHalliday Dec 16, 2009 2:08 am

I had the BA Card maybe two years ago,
so with some people receiving letters
saying they were therefore disqualified,
I was worried this would not work out.

But 50K posted to my account yesterday.
Sweet. ^

Hertz4me Dec 16, 2009 6:35 am

got my 100k bonus plus 38k from purchases from Presidental coins :)

waiting for 200k more to post

hawaii here i come

cutnana Dec 16, 2009 7:19 am

Originally Posted by biouchra (Post 12993293)
Hello,

Applied yesterday, got declined today (found out by calling a CSR). The reason is "previous unsatisfactory relationship with this bank". I am soooo tired of this reason.

I have been getting this reason for the last 3 years, since Chase closed down all my accounts one day for no reason (other than my churning of United and Continental CCs).

Was anybody able to get back on Chase's good side after being banned?

My credit score is in the mid 700s and I was never late, got a clean credit report.

Would a reconsideration letter be of any use?

It'd be great to find out if there is hope or if I should just focus on the other banks.

Thanks

you might try this:

1. Apply for a card that has no attached bonus and use it. One that THEY make money.

2. Start a real relationship with Chase. Have a checking account, open a CD, etc.

3. Go into a branch and open a checking account and try through the branch to get a new card.

Good luck.

Mr. Bean Dec 16, 2009 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Hertz4me (Post 12996928)
got my 100k bonus plus 38k from purchases from Presidental coins :)

waiting for 200k more to post

hawaii here i come

uh huh, good luck.

ttervooren Dec 16, 2009 10:00 am

Copy of Social Security Card and Elec, Water, Gas Bill

You may not have to send in a copy of your SS card and utility bill.
I applied on November 28. Had not seen the card come up on my Chase account as of this a.m. so called 888-609-7805 for status. Was told they needed a copy of my Social Security Card and an electric, water, or gas bill. Since I am in Mexico, I said this was going to be a problem and was there anything else I could do. The woman said "No, sorry." But when my husband called on the status of his card, they had him call the fraud number
800-278-8830. They asked a bunch of questions and said not to bother with the stuff requested in their letter. They would take another 7-14 days to process and let him know the decision through the mail.
So, I tried that number too and got the same response. No need to send in the copy of the SS card and bill. We'll let you know in another 7-14 days. It's worth a try.

jda27 Dec 16, 2009 10:34 am

Called to get an update on status of my husband application today. Said it's still pending - and that now they can't comment on status (pending/approved/declined) by phone and can't disclose if any other documents are needed. What's up with that? Should I call again (ie try different CSR)?

jda27 Dec 16, 2009 10:39 am

Forgot to say - my husband and I called together, so he was available to answer any questions. My application was approved on Monday (we applied for the card the same day- Friday, December 11th), but I have a prior chase account (still active).