FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

Mr. Mastodon Flyer Dec 18, 2009 9:53 am

Hmm, so I applied for the card at the end of last month (because I thought the promo was ending) and got dinged, I think mostly because of high utilization on my other cards--I had paid them all off, but the payments hadn't been reflected on my credit reports.

Those payments have posted now, boosting my credit score significantly. What's the best way to get Chase to pull a new report and reconsider? Can I just submit another application, or do I need to call and try to convince a customer service rep to do it?

mserle Dec 18, 2009 10:12 am

Definitely call. Try this number to get a person that can actually make a descision: 888-245-0625

lad2 Dec 18, 2009 11:07 am

Here's the screen grab.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/9...c100koffer.png

luv2ctheworld Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

Assistance Needed With Verification Request

Can someone who got the letter requesting for SS card and something else please PM me or post the contact info listed in the letter?

My wife threw hers away, thinking it was some junk mail. Unfortunately I don't recall what I need to provide besides SS card; and what contact number or address to provide.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Dec 18, 2009 11:28 am

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld (Post 13013336)
Can someone who got the letter requesting for SS card and something else please PM me or post the contact info listed in the letter?

My wife threw hers away, thinking it was some junk mail. Unfortunately I don't recall what I need to provide besides SS card; and what contact number or address to provide.

Thanks in advance!

You can call Chase Fraud Alert dept to tell them what happens. They can then give you the instruction etc.

Fraud Alert dept can identify you / your wife's app by SSN.

swdke Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld (Post 13013336)

The number to call is 1-800-278-8830. However, the number on the letter states 1-877-470-9042. When I called the number on the letter, they said, "oh, you're calling on the BA card, you need to call 1-800-278-8830." So I did, and all was taken care of, and I just received the card yesterday. When I called 1-800-278-8830, I was asked only two questions, name a previous employer, and a previous address. Afterwards, they checked the status of my application and I was informed I was approved.

On an interesting note, my travel partner called the same day, was asked simular type questions, and afterwards, was informed that they were approved and that the card was mailed out two days ago. Don't know if that was true or not. But, we both appied the same day, called the Chase fraud number the same day, and we both received our BA Chase cards yesterday.

Mr. Mastodon Flyer Dec 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by mserle (Post 13012924)
Definitely call. Try this number to get a person that can actually make a descision: 888-245-0625

Will do. Thanks for the number!

SJS58 Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Applied November 21st, talked to a representative in early December and reduced/changed some credit limits, received approval about 9 days ago, received the cards today with the BAE number on the cards, activated both my/wives cards, received confirmation of 50/50 promotion. Took a while...but we finally got there.

j3brooklyn Dec 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Wives?!

Originally Posted by SJS58 (Post 13014018)
activated both my/wives cards...

Don't tell me you got a 2nd (or 3rd!) wife in order to churn credit cards! You should probably start a new thread for that.

SJS58 Dec 18, 2009 2:01 pm

oops.............multi-tasking bites again....one and only...wife...glad she doesn't read these threads

frankiwa Dec 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Minimizing BA fees for the 100,000 award miles

If my 100,000 BA miles go through okay and i end up getting approved for the card, i wonder if i could avoid the insane BA surcharge fees?

If i use my BA miles on a partner airline do i still have to pay the BA surcharge fees or do i pay the other airlines' much much lower surcharge fees?

Insane BA fees/taxes/surcharges:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

The site below shows that you are able to book partner airline filghts with BA miles, but it doesn't say anything about which airline's fees are paid (hopefullly not BA's):

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_gb

The idea being trying to use the miles for 2 round trip coach flights ( me and girlfriend) to Europe and paying the least amount of fees/taxes/surcharges in getting there. (Hopefully less than $100 in fees for each round trip ticket).

I am currently not a BA member so i can not go through a mock booking at the ba.com site to see what the fees might be if i go through a BA airline vs. a partner airline.

moondog Dec 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa (Post 13014601)
If my 100,000 BA miles go through okay and i end up getting approved for the card, i wonder if i could avoid the insane BA surcharge fees?

If i use my BA miles on a partner airline do i still have to pay the BA surcharge fees or do i pay the other airlines' much much lower surcharge fees?

Insane BA fees/taxes/surcharges:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

The site below shows that you are able to book partner airline filghts with BA miles, but it doesn't say anything about which airline's fees are paid (hopefullly not BA's):

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_gb

The idea being trying to use the miles for 2 round trip coach flights ( me and girlfriend) to Europe and paying the least amount of fees/taxes/surcharges in getting there. (Hopefully less than $100 in fees for each round trip ticket).

I am currently not a BA member so i can not go through a mock booking at the ba.com site to see what the fees might be if i go through a BA airline vs. a partner airline.

There's a thread on this topic somewhere around here. The short answer is that AA doesn't charge YQ on BA redemptions while most other partners do but the numbers are considerably better than those on BA metal.

frankiwa Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

thanks for the reply moondog.

Being a newbie I had to google for awhile to find out what YQ means (and i'm still not sure i know what it means exactly). On other threads, I found conflicting info. (or perhaps it was just over my head) on the best way to use the miles to minimize or avoid the BA fees/surcharges. So it seems i can avoid all the fees/taxes/fuel surcharges by booking through AA for a round trip flight to Europe on BA mile awards? If so that would be awesome.

Also, would i redeem the BA awards for use at AA from the BA.com website or from the AA website? (sorry this is my first FF credit card ever and am not to familiar with the ins and outs).

Appreciate the helpful info.

mia Dec 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 13005293)
...$30,000 spend requirement must be met in a single calendar year. Spending in December will not apply to 2010 unless Chase classifies transactions based on the statement date rather than the transaction date.

Replying to myself :rolleyes: . Chase has confirmed that the companion voucher threshold is calculated on individual transaction dates, not statement dates. This means purchases made in December will not count toward $30,000 in 2010 even if billed on a January statement.

moondog Dec 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by frankiwa (Post 13014694)
thanks for the reply moondog.

Being a newbie I had to google for awhile to find out what YQ means (and i'm still not sure i know what it means exactly). On other threads, I found conflicting info. (or perhaps it was just over my head) on the best way to use the miles to minimize or avoid the BA fees/surcharges. So it seems i can avoid all the fees/taxes/fuel surcharges by booking through AA for a round trip flight to Europe on BA mile awards? If so that would be awesome.

Also, would i redeem the BA awards for use at AA from the BA.com website or from the AA website? (sorry this is my first FF credit card ever and am not to familiar with the ins and outs).

Appreciate the helpful info.

No, you can't use BA miles for AA transatlantic flights (including India, for some reason). You can redeem on IB, and it's reported that IB's fuel surcharges are low or maybe nonexistent, but I haven't seen any hard data on that recently.