FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1013709-expired-2009-offer-100-000-miles-new-ba-chase-visa.html)

ansatzjp Nov 5, 2009 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 12770133)
Sign me up ... any promotional codes available to join BA's Executive Club?

I am also curious about this.

Mr. Bean Nov 5, 2009 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 12775816)
Yes.

*Partner airlines will be offered where British Airways is not available on the requested date or does not fly the route.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...g/public/en_us

Online at least, it won't show the partner availability unless there is no BA metal available. Not sure if calling is different.

Kalboz Nov 5, 2009 8:50 pm

JPMorgan Raises Stakes in Card War With 100,000 Miles

related article on Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aU6lxatzjriM

The miles, worth a round-trip transatlantic flight, will be awarded to customers who spend $2,000 on the co-branded British Airways Signature Visa cards within the first three months, according to a statement. Credit-card issuers including American Express Co. have sweetened their rewards programs, even after lenders said federal regulations enacted in May could squeeze profit, increase costs and prompt them to scale back incentives.

jbalmuth Nov 5, 2009 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3 (Post 12775669)
A good use of BA miles is 100k in J NA to East Asia or 150k in F (can fly CX, JL or AA) or South America 80k in J or 120k in F (LA or AA)

Two of the best uses of BA miles:

RT to S. America in J on LAN for 80k (permits a free enroute stopover in each direction; note that Easter Island is a valid S. America destination),

One-way positioning flights in F on CX to Asia for 75K.

Most partner flights need to be booked by phone, as you can't book an enroute stopover on a partner airline online, and many partner cities, including IPC, don't appear as valid choices online. That's not really a problem, as ba.com is hardly bug-free, and there's no penalty for changing ticketed partner redemption dates/flights by phone. Indeed, ime, BAEC seems to have more/better access to LA inventory than you can get from LA directly....

RedSox Nov 5, 2009 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 12771969)
If I'm understanding the BA redemption structure correctly, I could fly AA from NYC to Hawaii roundtrip in first class (on two-class aircraft) with en route stopovers for 70,000 BA miles, versus flying the same route without stopovers for 75,000 AAdvantage miles. Is this correct?

I believe this would cost you 105k BA miles for a partner award, 3 x 35k for first. A business class award would be 70k miles but even on a 2-class AC it would be considered a first award. I tried to book (as an exercise) a J award from JFK to HNL but the only availability was either in Y at 35k or F at 105k.

nwa330 Nov 5, 2009 9:32 pm

My wife and I just signed up. Where should we go?

MCO-EZE, HKG, SYD DXB or 2 European vacation?

Really excited about this promotion. Offers like this don't come around often. I'm leaning on J class to EZE.

flyupfront Nov 5, 2009 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 12775676)
pdx-sea-lhr and return. Fees & taxes look to be about $166. Add the annual c.c. fee and it looks like a good deal. Or use on AA & AS. Of course, you could just churn the CITI AA card and get 30K miles a month with no c.c. fees. :)

How do you churn 30k miles a month?

jdrumm95 Nov 5, 2009 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by j3brooklyn (Post 12774868)
Applied using the link supplied above. After submitting my info I got a new window:
REQUEST COMPLETE
Your credit card application certificate has been received and we will be sending you a response via US Mail within 15 days

Hope this is what others are getting.

Same here, never had any account with Chase at all

jdrumm95 Nov 5, 2009 9:54 pm

from the offer page:
"You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established."

I assume this means if you are only approved for the Platinum card then you will not get the goodies we are all wanting?

Mr. Bean Nov 5, 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by jbalmuth (Post 12776268)

RT to S. America in J on LAN for 80k (permits a free enroute stopover in each direction; note that Easter Island is a valid S. America destination),

One-way positioning flights in F on CX to Asia for 75K.

Most partner flights need to be booked by phone, as you can't book an enroute stopover on a partner airline online, and many partner cities, including IPC, don't appear as valid choices online. That's not really a problem, as ba.com is hardly bug-free, and there's no penalty for changing ticketed partner redemption dates/flights by phone. Indeed, ime, BAEC seems to have more/better access to LA inventory than you can get from LA directly....

The Easter Island redemption is a great use of the miles ^

jpdx Nov 5, 2009 11:08 pm

Note that there's no immediate credit report pull. Iow, this is not a good time to use the pull-minimizing technique of applying for several Chase cards at the same time (if you use that technique in this case, you might get approved for your PC/UA/CO card(s) immediately, and then denied for the BA card when they process the application).

Noodlesz Nov 5, 2009 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3 (Post 12775669)
A good use of BA miles is 100k in J NA to East Asia or 150k in F (can fly CX, JL or AA) or South America 80k in J or 120k in F (LA or AA)

Is this roundtrip? Doesn't specifically say on the BA site, just 'trip'
50,000 RT between Asia and NA is fantastic. Usually it's 60-70K RT for most programs.

abcx Nov 6, 2009 12:02 am

Does LAN have fuel surcharges? That sounds like a great deal.

abcx Nov 6, 2009 12:46 am

I did some more research and this is actually a great idea. LAN has no YQ and this routes through Lima and Santiago anyway. So take two stopovers and see all that S. America has to offer. :)

Someone on SD also mentioned that you can redeem these for 4 AA domestic flights? Is that true? That's not terrible either...unfortunately AA does not offer awards to Alaska (at least on their website) which I have found offer the best redemption value for domestic awards.

decibel08 Nov 6, 2009 1:22 am

i've never had anything to do with BA but this offer was too good to refuse. i'm sure i'll find a use for 100k BA miles even if it is to send someone else across the pond or out to hawaii.

^