Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore - Hong Kong travel bubble

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Most institutions still charging 186. I booked mine for Dec 4 with RMG and they are still charging this
most likely price will fall after end Nov when the testing are open up to anyone interested.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:06 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
so HK is now arguing 4th wave has arrived and tightening measures.
schools for younger primary is closing down
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...6-20201120.htm

gov't also said to take more hardline measurs
*HONG KONG TO ANNOUNCE FURTHER TIGHTENING OF VIRUS CURBS: CHAN

so for those still hoping for Xmas break at Singapore, I would hold back paying for any tickets.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold

Some partnership between CX and RMG, taken from CX web
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Duh and i paid for my test already
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by fakecd
so HK is now arguing 4th wave has arrived and tightening measures.
schools for younger primary is closing down
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/compone...6-20201120.htm

gov't also said to take more hardline measurs
*HONG KONG TO ANNOUNCE FURTHER TIGHTENING OF VIRUS CURBS: CHAN

so for those still hoping for Xmas break at Singapore, I would hold back paying for any tickets.
It is looking bad and it appears that more cases will be announced tomorrow.
The report for Friday (based on Thursday cases) states 21 local cases with NINE untraceable.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...t-66-confirmed

I wonder what happens if the bubble is suspended and I am in Singapore preparing to return to HK.
My guess is that I will have to take a "normal" flight and will need to hotel quarantine for 14 days.
No way that I would take that risk to book a ticket, even though the bar is fairly high (35 unlinked cases in the previous week)
Old Nov 20, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Does anyone know the link to the government website that shows the daily number of new cases that are NOT linked? If I read the wording correctly, the bubble will break when the number of NOT linked cases exceeds 5 per day over rolling 7 days? I'm trying to find that data to track if the bubble will burst or not.

This is what I copied from the government FAQ sections: If the seven-day moving average of the daily number of unlinked local cases (excluding dormitory resident cases for Singapore) is more than five for either Singapore or Hong Kong, the ATB will be suspended in two days’ time (including the day on which the figure was announced) for two weeks. The two governments will notify the airlines and make relevant announcement.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
rolling 5 days was just a guidance. judging by the panic mode gov't is in, with sudden eruption of cases, i'm more surprised Singapore didn't pull the plug on the bubble why are they adamant to continue with seemingly very different conditions in HK than when this was originally proposed, is beyond my comprehension.

for both of them i'm surprised by lack of talk of postponement even it's very clear this is failed venture - again my belief they just want that fanfare of going on world media of first flight taking those passenger across, once that broadast is done trust me they will both pull the plug. it make no sense to do this when they are shutting schools for young children because some kids got normal flu (not even covid19).

what it means for rest of us, if you are using the bubble to make-one-way-journey, do so asap in earliest days. but those thinking a xmas break, forget it.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by bagold
Does anyone know the link to the government website that shows the daily number of new cases that are NOT linked? If I read the wording correctly, the bubble will break when the number of NOT linked cases exceeds 5 per day over rolling 7 days? I'm trying to find that data to track if the bubble will burst or not.

This is what I copied from the government FAQ sections: If the seven-day moving average of the daily number of unlinked local cases (excluding dormitory resident cases for Singapore) is more than five for either Singapore or Hong Kong, the ATB will be suspended in two days’ time (including the day on which the figure was announced) for two weeks. The two governments will notify the airlines and make relevant announcement.
https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/loc...covid19_en.pdf
Page 4, 3rd column, last row of the table, you can see the latest 7-days unlinked cases is 15.
Based on govt record the number of unlinked case of 14 Nov was 1, so out of the 40 prelim confirmed cases of tmr, if more than 21 of them are unlinked the the bubble will be suspended with effect from 23 Nov, per the FAQ issued by HK govt.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:13 pm

It'll be a shame to have this initiative grounded (pun intended) before starting.

Singapore press is reporting that the government will make an announcement "shortly".
https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ortly-covid-19

In my view they should announce earlier, it's no fun to be on a confirmed ticket and not know until the previous day whether you can at all fly.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VE105
https://www.chp.gov.hk/files/pdf/loc...covid19_en.pdf
Page 4, 3rd column, last row of the table, you can see the latest 7-days unlinked cases is 15.
Based on govt record the number of unlinked case of 14 Nov was 1, so out of the 40 prelim confirmed cases of tmr, if more than 21 of them are unlinked the the bubble will be suspended with effect from 23 Nov, per the FAQ issued by HK govt.
Many thanks.

Just to be sure I understand. You refer to the column "Local case". These are unlinked cases to either other local cases or imported cases? Correct?

If I read the table correctly, the past week was 15, with 1 case on 14 November. Hence the 7-day daily average today will be 15 - 1 + #of unlinked cases today. That is were your 21 comes from.

I am just checking that I understand you correctly.
Even if today's number is below 20, it is very likely that the magic 35 number will be reached soon as HK will engage in mass testing of high-risk people (taxi drivers, etc..)

Last edited by brunos; Nov 20, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:43 pm

Additional swab test upon arrival at Changi.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...rport-13608678
Old Nov 20, 2020, 9:53 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Suspended if 22 more untraceable cases emerge

【最新】新加坡航空局指,根據協議若香港未來三日有逾22宗源頭不明的新冠病毒確診個案,兩地旅遊氣泡需暫 停
https://news.now.com/urgentnews.jsp?...52&refer=Share

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 20, 2020 at 10:56 pm
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
Many thanks.

Just to be sure I understand. You refer to the column "Local case". These are unlinked cases to either other local cases or imported cases? Correct?
Yes, the local case in the 3rd column refers to cases that cannot be traced to any other confirmed cases basically.

If I read the table correctly, the past week was 15, with 1 case on 14 November. Hence the 7-day daily average today will be 15 - 1 + #of unlinked cases today. That is were your 21 comes from.

I am just checking that I understand you correctly.
Even if today's number is below 20, it is very likely that the magic 35 number will be reached soon as HK will engage in mass testing of high-risk people (taxi drivers, etc..)
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Apologise for not explaining it clearly.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith
Suspended

【最新】新加坡航空局指,根據協議若香港未來三日有逾22宗源頭不明的新冠病毒確診個案,兩地旅遊氣泡需暫 停
https://news.now.com/urgentnews.jsp?...52&refer=Share

It is NOT yet suspended.

You keep quoting a lot of post in Chinese.
Would you mind providing a short summary of each as per rule of FT.
That's what people do on all the other threads.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:52 pm

It is NOT yet suspended.

You keep quoting a lot of post in Chinese.
Would you mind providing a short summary of each as per rule of FT.
That's what people do on all the other threads.
The news said SIN authority said that if the no. of unlinked cases in HK in coming 3 days exceed 22, than the bubble will be suspended.

Now we already know that the total no. of cases today is 45, and will know how many of them are unlinked in several hours after govt's press conference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.