Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: qsh
77H (777-300ER, F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77h.html

F seats:
1A - very private. Protected by the divider between it and the D seats.

J seats:
Row 11, 12 mini-cabin - very quiet and private
15A has no windows
21 only 1 window.

Y+ seats:
32H/K have lots of legroom.
30D/E/F/G have huge legroom, but passengers walk in front of you to access bathroom. Light spills from bathroom particularly onto 30G.
31A has no window.
34H gets disturbed by the Y section curtain.

Y seats:

77G (777-300ER, no F cabin)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300er-77g.html

J seats:
Row 19 has no windows

Y+ seats:
Row 30 has good legroom

Y seats:
39A/C/H/K - lots of legroom

773 (777-300)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-300/777-300-73z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Row 39 and 67 are bulkheads with better than average legroom and fold out IFE screens
Row 46 missing the window
Row 53 ABC, HJK has very generous legroom but are missing window due to EMEX position. A and K have emergency slide constraining leg room. All seats are near lavs, so some congregation of people. 53DEF has good legroom at bulkhead.

772 (777-200)
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/travel-information/flight/aircraft-fleet/777-200/777-200-B772Z.html

J seats:

Y seats:
Print Wikipost

777-300ER Best seat?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
2D. I can't think of any argument in favour of 1D. Did you ask for 2K? IIRC that is available on request as well?
Thank you all for great advise. I did ask for 2K. According to the agent only 1D and 2D are the only seats in the cabin not taken for the LHR-HKG flight.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
2D is better - 1D has visibly less head space as the cockpit crew bunk protrudes into its overhead space.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Hello am on CX253 in Y () so wondering which seat is best? 39AC is gone, but I have 39D-G, all of 40 and 59 available.

I think I have narrowed down to 39D or 40C, which is best?

Solo passenger 5'10.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
I sat in 21A YYZ to HKG, 3 class 777-300ER, and I found it to be outstanding. The engine noise was not an issue. There were no PE pax trying to use the J Class toilet. No toilet smells either. The footwell is larger. I also like the fact that the washroom was close and not used much. The seat had a very nice private feel to it. I was on a full flight with all J class seats occupied. I have heard that 21K is good also. However because of my bad knees and former bladder cancer issues, I actually prefer this seat.
Alawyer, somemale and gobblercat like this.

Last edited by Eagle2000; Jun 3, 2019 at 3:51 pm Reason: add info
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by eagle215
I sat in 21A YYZ to HKG, 3 class 777-300ER, and I found it to be outstanding. The engine noise was not an issue. There were no PE pax trying to use the J Class toilet. No toilet smells either. The footwell is larger. I also like the fact that the washroom was close and not used much. The seat had a very nice private feel to it. I was on a full flight with all J class seats occupied. I have heard that 21K is good also. However because of my bad knees and former bladder cancer issues, I actually prefer this seat.
Agreed. I am glad to have this seat. I actually wonder why CX can sell every single seat with this route (J+PEY) but well it was the most direct route for me. All PEY seats have leg rests which isn’t that bad but I can’t imagine 15 hours in it.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
I'm booked on a CX 77A for a flight in a few months time. I'm currently in seat 20A, which I worry on a night flight that the engines will keep me awake, plus I wonder if meal service will take forever to reach me.

've noticed a lot of people on various blogs rave about row 11, and row 11 is currently open on my flight. But, I've also found a lot of very negative reviews of row 11 - apparently, there is a lot of crew traffic in and out of first class (and having flown in SQ's business mini-cabin on a 777 this was the case, crew were in and out all flight (but not a concern as it was a day flight)), and accessing of cabinets. I've also heard stories of soiled linen being stored near row 11. Plus on the CX website they warn you you could be moved out of row 11 if someone with special needs requires it.

So, is it really worth trying to grab a seat in row 11?
Old Jul 21, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by jdsworld
I'm booked on a CX 77A for a flight in a few months time. I'm currently in seat 20A, which I worry on a night flight that the engines will keep me awake, plus I wonder if meal service will take forever to reach me.

've noticed a lot of people on various blogs rave about row 11, and row 11 is currently open on my flight. But, I've also found a lot of very negative reviews of row 11 - apparently, there is a lot of crew traffic in and out of first class (and having flown in SQ's business mini-cabin on a 777 this was the case, crew were in and out all flight (but not a concern as it was a day flight)), and accessing of cabinets. I've also heard stories of soiled linen being stored near row 11. Plus on the CX website they warn you you could be moved out of row 11 if someone with special needs requires it.

if it is 77G(without first class), stay away from row 11. If it is 77H(with first class), row 11 is the best, specially 11A/K
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm currently in seat 20A, which I worry on a night flight that the engines will keep me awake, plus I wonder if meal service will take forever to reach me.
I prefer seats towards the back of the second cabin on the 77W, there's much less traffic. Engine noise is white noise. And yes, meal service is later the farther back you go. "Forever" is just hyperbole.
I sat in 11A BKK-HKG just to check it out. Would never sit there again, the linen disposal cabinet gets constant usage from the FAs. And the seat itself is absolutely nothing special (unlike the analog on NH's 77W, where it has extra privacy).
Originally Posted by cyster2007
if it is 77G(without first class), stay away from row 11. If it is 77H(with first class), row 11 is the best, specially 11A/K
Disagree. Strongly.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:37 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Kacee
I sat in 11A BKK-HKG just to check it out. Would never sit there again, the linen disposal cabinet gets constant usage from the FAs. And the seat itself is absolutely nothing special (unlike the analog on NH's 77W, where it has extra privacy).
11A yes

11DG has the cupboard in front. Extra room to put things on.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Disagree. Strongly.
Disagree on 77H/A or 77G/K?

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 21, 2019 at 8:37 pm
Old Jul 21, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / OWE

Last edited by flubber; Jul 21, 2019 at 11:53 pm Reason: Wrong info - deleted
Old Jul 21, 2019, 9:58 pm

I recently flew 77A on a LAX-HKG round trip. I was on 12A for the way out, Though this is not row 11 you are talking about, I found this mini cabin is not for me. The intimate atmosphere was nice, but noticed to FAs using the soiled linen bin many tines, and kept hearing tableware noise from the galley (which is probably better in row 11), and the vibration of the toilet flush was bothersome (again, probably better in row 11). Having experienced these, for the return flight, I surrendered row 11 (which would have been better than 12, but didn't want to risk) and moved to 20A. Maybe I was lucky to have quiet neighbors, but I found it very quiet (engine noise didn't bother me compared with 12A) and had much better sleep than I did in 12A for the way out. My conclusion from this experience is 20A has good a balance of low passenger traffic, meal choice, attention from FAs, and isolation from noise sources like galley/lavs. These things are all subjective, and luck plays role a role, too. Maybe it's good to try both mini and non-mini cabin and find which one is your thing.

One thing you might want to consider is getting a nice noise-cancelling headphone. The Cathay one on board doesn't do much of cancellation. I recently got a decent one and will try it out on my upcoming flight on 77W (not Cathay).
Eagle2000 likes this.

Last edited by kentauta; Jul 21, 2019 at 10:07 pm
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by kentauta
tableware noise from the galley (which is probably better in row 11)
Tableware noise is also an issue for me in row 12 too. Think I better sit people in back cabin on 77A than row 12.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Tableware noise is also an issue for me in row 12 too. Think I better sit people in back cabin on 77A than row 12.
Have you found the tableware noise from the galley much lower in row 11? How about lavatory noise/vibration? (just curious for the next chance to fly Cathay)
Old Jul 22, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by kentauta
Have you found the tableware noise from the galley much lower in row 11? How about lavatory noise/vibration? (just curious for the next chance to fly Cathay)
Much less in row 11
kentauta likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Disagree on 77H/A or 77G/K?
H/A. I assume they were Diamonds in the front cabin (there were three) on BKK-HKG.
11DG has the cupboard in front. Extra room to put things on.
I find in seat storage sufficient in the normal seats. You'd still get the noise from the linen cabinet in 11D.

You are I suppose less likely to get out of control small children running up and down the aisle which I was cursed with last flight (on a 359).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.